Isit

Isit

Jan 5, 2022
Okay so I live in a supported accomodation and most of the residents have mental health issues. One of my housemates is schizophrenic and was hospitalized due to his bizarre behavior. He was discharged recently and in my opinion should have been kept in longer.

His behaviour has not changed. He is very very messy. I can no longer use the bathroom because he blocks the toilet with green paper towels. I can no longer use the kitchen because he has left piles of pots and pans in the sink, and soiled all the surfaces with food debris. He slams doors constantly. He lives in the room above me and he has a tendency to hammer things in his room at odd hours.

His behaviour is aggravating my depression and I don't know what I can do about it. The crisis team visit him twice a day to make sure he's taking his meds. I've spoken to staff at the accomodation and complained, they said that they also want him in hospital but there is not enough space.

I am in the process of trying to move on and get my own flat but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

I'm so annoyed by this individual that I feel like beating him up. I don't feel like this is a good idea because he's not well and I also don't want to get in trouble with the law.

3:30am and he's at it again slamming doors.

Arghhh 😡😡😡

• Hugs
Reactions: divine4u2b and OrcWitch
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
That sounds incredibly frustrating. It's important to have patience and empathy for people struggling with whatever illness, but you're still entitled to a quiet and clean living space.

Reactions: divine4u2b, waitingforrest, Snake of Eden and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Could you maybe document your complaints as they may pile up along with other housemates you have so the people in charge could transfer you or him somewhere else?

Reactions: Isit