A

azuregem

Aug 31, 2023
Would basically like a guide or a link to one or something please :)

If anybody has any other recommended ctb options, I'm all ears!

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The method is described in the PPeH.

I don't recommend H2S because it's not peaceful and it smells horribly like rotten eggs. CO method or inert gas/N2 is much better imo.

A

azuregem

Aug 31, 2023
The method is described in the PPeH.

I don't recommend H2S because it's not peaceful and it smells horribly like rotten eggs. CO method or inert gas/N2 is much better imo.
I'm trying to do the CO method but I can't even get the charcoal to burn lol. Can't really get inert gas/N2 :(.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I'm trying to do the CO method but I can't even get the charcoal to burn lol. Can't really get inert gas/N2 :(.
How do you do it? I'm sure there are youtube vids available on how to start a BBQ even without grill starter (and you should not use grill starter anyway)

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Be careful with H2S, it is not widely discussed as its so deadly and peaceful that it can easily kill other people.

Do your research thoroughly before using it.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Be careful with H2S, it is not widely discussed as its so deadly and peaceful that it can easily kill other people.
H2S is very poisonous and the symptoms in high concentration are very unpleasant but it's very unlikely that people get hurt by it by accident, the smell of rotten eggs can be recognized in such tiny amounts (ppm in the air) that people would leave that place more than early enough. Unlike CO that is odorless and colorless which makes it much more dangerous for others.

A

azuregem

Aug 31, 2023
How do you do it? I'm sure there are youtube vids available on how to start a BBQ even without grill starter (and you should not use grill starter anyway)
I could not find a disposable bbq so I just bought the charcoal. I tried to "cook" them on the stove but it didn't really work, neither did using a lighter to light them work. :(