KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
My doctor will literally not prescribe me xanax. Its still being prescribed where i live, and is no way stopping at any point.
Do i say something specific? keywords?

Also, does your weight matter when looking to overdose? Im 5'7, 180 lbs.
thanks.

Reactions: Baskol1
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I can;t help with how to deal with US doctors as I am UK based but I would ask them why they are not prescribing it, then suggest you may take your business to someone who will.

All medications to a degree rely on weight in some part. one of the reasons why the weigh you if you go into hospital to make sure they prescribe the right amount for you based on weight. But weight does not equate to your natural tolerance for drugs

TiredOfLife95

TiredOfLife95

Catched the bus, goodbye everyone ❤
Aug 25, 2019
Usually doctors prescribe Xanax very easily, al least in my place.
The main keyword is absolutely "anxiety".
You can tell him a list of the most common symptoms of anxiety disorder, such as panic attacks, hot and cold flushes, racing heart, tightening of the chest, quick breathing, restlessness, or feeling tense, wound up and edgy, excessive fear, worry, catastrophizing, or obsessive thinking et cetera. You can do some research online.
I wish you good luck!

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
You're welcome to pick your poison of course, but there are ways where you don't need a prescription and they are more reliable.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
try telling them that you have sudden panic attacks and someone in your family has found relief with xanax specifically.
i've read that some doctors are very much against prescribing opioids and xanax so he might be one of those.

Reactions: TiredOfLife95
Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
I can;t help with how to deal with US doctors as I am UK based but I would ask them why they are not prescribing it, then suggest you may take your business to someone who will.

All medications to a degree rely on weight in some part. one of the reasons why the weigh you if you go into hospital to make sure they prescribe the right amount for you based on weight. But weight does not equate to your natural tolerance for drugs
even in the uk it's not that easy to obtain. they'll much rather throw you on SSRI's than anything like xanax unless you have shown none of the other medications work.

there's also a rise in recreational use of it over the past two years here too. 4 psychiatrists would refuse to prescribe it to me. most i got was diazepam. :(

KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
Usually doctors prescribe Xanax very easily, al least in my place.
The main keyword is absolutely "anxiety".
You can tell him a list of the most common symptoms of anxiety disorder, such as panic attacks, hot and cold flushes, racing heart, tightening of the chest, quick breathing, restlessness, or feeling tense, wound up and edgy, excessive fear, worry, catastrophizing, or obsessive thinking et cetera. You can do some research online.
I wish you good luck!
I actually do get frequent panic attacks and they know it
They tell me the doctor's equivalent to "have some crackers and tell me how you feel after class"
Getting tired of it

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
even in the uk it's not that easy to obtain. they'll much rather throw you on SSRI's than anything like xanax unless you have shown none of the other medications work.
Thats because we have the universal health system so we get what we are given. I was always under the impression that the US health system was more business like. They even advertise prescription drugs on TV if I remember correctly?

Aleksandra

Aleksandra

żyję cicho krwawiąc
Aug 28, 2019
Thats because we have the universal health system so we get what we are given. I was always under the impression that the US health system was more business like. They even advertise prescription drugs on TV if I remember correctly?
i'm not sure, i'm not american. xd but my psych told me it's because too many people have used it to try and ctb, so they're reluctant to try and give it out to just anyone now

KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
i'm not sure, i'm not american. xd but my psych told me it's because too many people have used it to try and ctb, so they're reluctant to try and give it out to just anyone now
Plus recreational use and rappers dying left and right

N

Neville1

Student
Aug 26, 2019
It's difficult to get Xanax in US because of addiction potential. The big difference between UK and US is cost. US government spends more on healthcare than is spent in UK private and public combined. Drug prices for many meds are multiples of those in Europe.

Last edited:
M

Mercury6737

Sep 21, 2018
Preamble: what you're planning to do most likely won't work. That said, avoid pressing for a specific medication since doctors are wary of that, unless you have a history of success with said medication. It also depends on your relationship with the doctor, but make anxiety your focus and don't mention anything about other conditions, especially depression.

Source: I got 2 mg aplrazolam for a while until I got tired of it.

Reactions: KiraComplex, Baskol1 and Neville1
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
tell him you need to travel for business but have a fear of flying

Reactions: KiraComplex and Baskol1
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I feel for you. My doctors and psychiatrists refused to ever put me on any antianxiety med despite me suffering from really severe anxiety since very early childhood. They insisted that my antidepressants would take care of it. When they didn't, they just kept piling on additional meds or increasing the dosage of the useless antidepressants. In my experience, there is no way to convince a dr to prescribe something when they're against it, even when their reluctance makes no sense at all. And the more you insist on it, the more they resist it, no matter how rational you are and how reasonable your request is.

Reactions: KiraComplex, Lennox and Baskol1
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
I feel for you. My doctors and psychiatrists refused to ever put me on any antianxiety med despite me suffering from really severe anxiety since very early childhood. They insisted that my antidepressants would take care of it. When they didn't, they just kept piling on additional meds or increasing the dosage of the useless antidepressants. In my experience, there is no way to convince a dr to prescribe something when they're against it, even when their reluctance makes no sense at all. And the more you insist on it, the more they resist it, no matter how rational you are and how reasonable your request is.
Thats true.
Especially with the lethality of Xanax im not surprised no doctors want to give me it :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Subhuman
C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019

there's also a rise in recreational use of it over the past two years here too. 4 psychiatrists would refuse to prescribe it to me. most i got was diazepam. :(
In the UK, the NHS has banned Xanax prescriptions altogether and they are reluctant to prescribe benzos at all to anybody but the most mentally ill.

• Wow
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife and Subhuman