Would it be a good idea to write ily in my suicide note?

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
How would you feel if you got a suicide note from your ex that said "I love you", live your life to the fullest, etc.

My ex and I broke up on good terms, but we have a rocky relationship to this day. We broke up cuz he said he needs to change, but we were still involved after that // and ik he's been turning down other people before cuz he said he loves me. We've agreed on temporarily keeping space since my best friend hates him and I felt that my relationship with her was tense. I'm not sure what's appropriate to write in this context.

N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
It depends on what you want to say. That might sound silly but apart from telling him that you love him, what else would you say?

Personally, I'd be telling them that it wasn't because of them ot their fault. If you could outline why you did it, it might give some closure and understanding.

It is a very personal thing though. What would you want to hear from somebody close to you if they killed themselves?

snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
It depends on what you want to say. That might sound silly but apart from telling him that you love him, what else would you say?

Personally, I'd be telling them that it wasn't because of them ot their fault. If you could outline why you did it, it might give some closure and understanding.

It is a very personal thing though. What would you want to hear from somebody close to you if they killed themselves?
Well I'd tell him why I did it, make sure to absolve him of guilt and say thanks for trying to help there's nothing you could have done better, go live a good life, "Sorry I didn't keep the promises we made together" ex. I'll never hug him at graduation". The reason why I want to tell him "I love you" in my note is because during our relationship he was always insecure/unsure about whether or not I did. And I want this to verify that I do.

Ah I'm caught in the dilemma of asking more people for help because I want to write the perfect note for the perfect person, but also to stop asking because it's supposed to be personal. I don't want to say anything that he wouldn't want to hear.

Honestly if someone close to me killed themselves, I don't think I would need to hear anything. I think I would just be happy for them because they are free now. But believing in the right to die is rare...

Jonaxthewise37

Jonaxthewise37

Aug 14, 2023
Please seek some medical help, you clearly cared for, I hope live can give you better cards. I know I'm just a stranger, but know this, people will care if you disappear.

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
Of anyone sees Jonaxthewise37 please do not engage. Just report them immediately. There have been many posts of theirs recently and their name is crossed out.

Reactions: consider and snowcloud9
M

misthios2040

Smile now it’s almost over
Sep 20, 2023
My guy, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to leave a note behind. When I retire from life I am leaving nothing behind not even a note. The world never gave me an explanation for why shit happens so I feel that I do not need to lend the same courtesy.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: snowcloud9
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
My guy, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to leave a note behind. When I retire from life I am leaving nothing behind not even a note. The world never gave me an explanation for why shit happens so I feel that I do not need to lend the same courtesy.
I am not giving the world or the police a note because I hate those two things. But I love my ex, so he gets one :<

Reactions: Starry2He