• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

Princessminonoke

Jun 1, 2019
So without going on forever like a lil bitvh.
Im from the uk and due to my wonderful parents and alot of childhood trauma , im pretty fucked up

But Ive got my mind set on killing myself before the month is up , a small part of me is wondering whether i should give professional medical help a shot and remove myself from this environment

I dont really think they can help me since they cant exactly wipe my memory of my life up until this point but idk

So my main concern is that ive got no experience with mental health services here , the nhs is Cool and all but ive heard some real horror stories and im afraid of getting stuck in there

Does anyone have any experiences from the UK?

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, LMFAO FOCKERS, Superfluous and 3 others
V

Vidar33

May 14, 2019
If you feel like you can give it some time, why not try to get some help?
If it works: great!
If it doesn't: at least you know that you have tried!

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS, Trainstation and Soul
P

Princessminonoke

Jun 1, 2019
If you feel like you can give it some time, why not try to get some help?
If it works: great!
If it doesn't: at least you know that you have tried!

I dont want to extend my suffering tbh , i could end up in a worse position plus im not so good with the whole talking thing
Im not mute but its like that

V

Vidar33

May 14, 2019
im not so good with the whole talking thing
Im not mute but its like that

My experience has shown me that it takes a good listener. Once you got in front of someone who is able to listen (and ask a few questions), you will be able to talk.

I would give it a try. You can always decide to ctb a day later.

Reactions: Superfluous
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Your idea of getting out of a toxic environment before making up your mind to ctb sounds like a bingo. Ctb is supposed to be the thing we turn to after we've tried everything else. You've got a viable option so: yeah, go for it! If it doesn't help there'll always be a b to c.

I'm not sure what horror stories you've heard, but don't most of them involve vulnerable elderly and/or profoundly disabled people? Which is not at all ok, of course, but it's not what will happen to you.

Go forth and give it a try - that's my vote.

Reactions: Superfluous, Trainstation and Vidar33
T

Tally

Student
Apr 29, 2019
So without going on forever like a lil bitvh.
Im from the uk and due to my wonderful parents and alot of childhood trauma , im pretty fucked up

But Ive got my mind set on killing myself before the month is up , a small part of me is wondering whether i should give professional medical help a shot and remove myself from this environment

I dont really think they can help me since they cant exactly wipe my memory of my life up until this point but idk

So my main concern is that ive got no experience with mental health services here , the nhs is Cool and all but ive heard some real horror stories and im afraid of getting stuck in there

Does anyone have any experiences from the UK?

Given you are all ready wondering, 100% yes on giving it another try!!!

Reactions: Princessminonoke, Soul and Vidar33
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
The Nutty health service here is good in the sense that it won't just shove you in a hospital, they can offer all kinds of support & if you are young & stuck living at home they can also help get you out of that toxic environment.

Please give it a try, go see your Gp & ask for a referral, you really have nothing to lose by giving it a go xx

Reactions: Princessminonoke and Soul
P

Princessminonoke

Jun 1, 2019
The Nutty health service here is good in the sense that it won't just shove you in a hospital, they can offer all kinds of support & if you are young & stuck living at home they can also help get you out of that toxic environment.

Please give it a try, go see your Gp & ask for a referral, you really have nothing to lose by giving it a go xx
Thanks

I just need to build up the courage to actually speak to someone

I appreciate it

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS and Letmego. Please
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
Absolutely! I agree with the people here that believe you should exhaust your options.

You do sound like you're young and for so many young people the key is just getting out from under bad home/school circumstances.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
If you think there's a chance it will help I'd say go for it. Unfortunately I have no experience with mental health care in the UK but I'm sure you've got nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Good luck!

Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
@Princessminonoke

It will be scary, i cannot lie & say it's a walk in the park, but it is do-able.

If you feel you need immediate help in a crisis you can attend any A&E department and be seen there by the psych liaison team who will find the best way for you.

Otherwise book a Gp appt, if you have someone who can come with you for moral support then great, if not don't worry, write down on a piece of paper what you need to tell them, asking to be referred to your local CMHT & anything else you need to say, then when you go see the quack just hand them the note you have written, you will still need to answer a few questions but it removes the hard part of having to say out loud what you feel (I hope that makes some sense)

Mind as in the charity can also be of use if they operate in your area & in every NHS area there will be a local branch of a bunch called Healthwatch, they are brilliant, have used them before & they are very kind & caring people who are there to make sure you are looked after properly by your local NHS Definitely recommend their Advocacy workers.

If you want to Pm me about any of this you are very welcome.

Good luck