• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

scatteredkittens

Jun 5, 2024
Hi - I hope this isn't seen as inappropriate or invasive but I only recently became aware of this forum from media coverage. I've been lurking for a bit in an attempt to gain some insight around suicide. My family has a long history of psychiatric issues, and as a medical provider I have significant curiosity about the minds of people who take their lives.

I'll start this by saying - I think about this topic constantly. Not because I am experiencing ideation myself, but because it has been so prevalent in my life. This is exacerbated by the increasing legal success of the death with dignity movement as well as death doula services.

I come from a family with psychiatric issues. My grandmother died in a psychiatric institution (she was first hospitalized in her 30s). Both my aunts have been hospitalized for "nervous breakdowns." My boyfriend's grandfather killed himself after years of medical treatment and the local police regularly checking the bridges when he would go missing. In college an ex boyfriend killed himself in a public, violent manner. A friend from high school messaged me a bit the day before he killed himself. There are about 5 people I had personal relationships with who have died in this manner. The silence surrounding it and the helplessness those of us left behind feel is immense.

I am open, understanding, and not afraid of talking about suicide and ideation. I am non-judgemental and take people at their word. I want people to feel better and, from personal experience, believe they can. I am compassionate towards those who, for whatever reason, wish to die. I don't want them to feel alone, but also find their choice to be a great tragedy. I respect personal autonomy and I also know that emotion and pain can cloud cognitive processes.

In looking through these threads I see so many people saying that nobody cares, or helps, or does anything. People who feel empty, unseen, alone and hopeless. Despite psychologists, psychiatrists, support groups and the endless crisis lines

I guess I am wondering - what should those of us who get left behind know? What can we do to help you while you are still here? How do we find you? How can we love you better?

Clearly what the world has tried is working. What do you think would?