• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Supertramp

Supertramp

Feb 9, 2020
Disclaimer since people keep assuming I'm trying to CTB for this reason. I am planning on CTB, this plan is in hope that while I'm being selfish, some VAD reform could be enjoyed by those that follow.

The Idea: Use my suicide to spread awareness that voluntary assisted dying (VAD) is a preferred method for suicidal people to end their lives; wether or not we agree they should kill themselves. For the dilemma, even imagine this is for someone that is mentally ill. I'll explain the particulars of the idea after "the why".

The Dilemma: For every person that has committed suicide there could have been the option to utilize voluntary assisted dying services. In these cases they could have avoided quite a bit of heartache, as well as a very scary final moments of life for the individual. Through VAD, the individual can choose the time of their death, which can provide much valued time for them to prep their family for the suicide as well as themselves. It can lessen their burden knowing they have a means they can count on and will make the remaining time on earth more bearable. It could even lead to some conversations that can put them onto the path of not wanting to commit suicide. At the very least it will allow them to pass peacefully without being alone and afraid or with a method they aren't truly comfortable with.

The Why: I recently reached out to Pegasos after being subscribed to them since February. I explained my situation and wanted to make sure that when travel opened back up, they would accept me, if I applied. I was told that they reviewed my information and that I was too young and didn't have any physical or mental ailments making me a candidate (I thought their whole thing was that they didn't discriminate). I'll post my last email exchange with them as a post script. The point of what is to follow is to make them, as well as the world realize, that denying suicidal people VAD leads to very horrible final moments for many, which can be avoided.

The nitty-gritty: This is a rough idea and I'm open to suggestions. I would like to live stream my SN attempt for some people on the forum to record and get out to the public. Specifically in America, but I don't mind if it's in other countries as well. I plan on recording a suicide letter to the world that I would like to be sent after my death; I was thinking of using a delayed email service for this, but I don't know how long it will be. In the recorded letter I want to explain why allowing VAD is the right thing to do. I am hoping that my recorded letter, along with whatever takes place in my SN attempt is enough to help those I'm leaving behind to push for a world where VAD is accessible to all. Some ideas for the distribution in America, I would think news stations, congressmen and lawmakers would be a start.

Like I said this is just an idea I've thought about today and I know that as this idea sits in my mind it will grow. I'm open to serious suggestions and help.

POST SCRIPT:

My email to Pegasos
I want to start by quoting Seneca: "The desire to die may be felt, not only by the sensible man or brave or unhappy man, but by even the man who is merely surfeited." These words are almost 2 millennia old and I believe accurately describe sound reasoning for taking ones life.

I recently received an email from you stating that due to my age and lack of a medical condition, I would be denied VAD with pegasos. I implore you to reconsider, as this is the most peaceful way for me to go. I don't know if opinion or the law is what makes the determination but please hear me out.

Without VAD my only other options are illegal or painful methods that will either lead to very uncomfortable final moments or potentially my arrest and incarceration, not to mention being admitted against my will if unsuccessful. Pegasos has the power allow me to die comfortably and assuredly at the time of my choosing. Either way, I will be ending my life in the near future; it is my hope that it will be comfortable and free of pain and panic.

With that stated, and assuming it is opinion driving the denial: what would I have to do in order to get approved for VAD with Pegasos?

We live in a world where suicide is vilified and wanting to end ones life is sure to quickly lead to a diagnosis of mental illness. I truly believe a person can want to end their life without being mentally ill; finding a healthcare professional that agrees with me is unlikely.

Their response
Philosophically we agree with you, but we still have to work within the regulations of Swiss law. I'm sorry, but as mentioned previously we are unable to assist you at Pegasos. We strongly encourage to seek counselling or investigate other areas of assistance in your home country. Kind regards and best wishes.

Last edited:
F

FallingFree

Aug 11, 2020
Please don't end your life for a cause like this. It won't do anything. This isn't a movie and all it would do is get this site shut down and your own life would be over. Please exhaust all other options before CTBing because CTBing is the end. There is no going back.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, whywere, Sinkinshyp and 2 others
Supertramp

Supertramp

Feb 9, 2020
Please don't end your life for a cause like this. It won't do anything. This isn't a movie and all it would do is get this site shut down and your own life would be over. Please exhaust all other options before CTBing because CTBing is the end. There is no going back.

I'm not trying to CTB for this reason. I'm going to CTB either way, I would just like people who also want to CTB to be able to utilize VAD. So I guess I'm trying to leave the world a little better than when I entered it. Thank you for the well wishes, though.

Reactions: rt1989526 and SadGirl
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Pegasus has laws they have to follow. They can't just accept anyone. There are groups in the U.S. that have been trying to change legislation and laws state by state for years.
It's a noble thing you want to do but you are not going to make any difference.

Also you can't live stream on this site. Maybe try some other place to do that. We really do not want to call negative attention to this site.

People have live streamed their suicides before without making anyone think that laws should be changed. Of course we would like to have assisted suicide legal everywhere but as of now that's not going to happen just because someone else live streams themself committing suicide. If anything it might make them crack down on using SN and make it illegal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayfaerer, nitroautnz, whywere and 1 other person
HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I understanding your reasoning, and I agree with you that VAD should be allowed. It is after all the only peaceful and legal option suicidal people have to end their own lives.

However, I don't think your CTB would easily urge the world to allow VAD. It is not that easy to change the whole world's perspective on CTB. For majority of people, suicidal people are sick and "not normal." If you do live stream your CTB, they would just think you are sick and you needed their help to stay alive. For them, living is normal and all people should want to live. People on this forum however know that is not always the case. But, it is extremely hard to make the whole world understand.

I understand your motive, trust me. If my CTB could make the whole world to allow VAD, I would do it without hesitation. But, unfortunately, it wouldn't impact the majority of people.

That's only my opinion. I could certainly be wrong.

MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
Many people appreciate any kind of documentation for methods we consider. However, people ctb on cam everyday on the internet. You won't be making that big of a difference. It's completely your prerogative, though.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Supertramp

Supertramp

Feb 9, 2020
Many people appreciate any kind of documentation for methods we consider. However, people ctb on cam everyday on the internet. You won't be making that big of a difference. It's completely your prerogative, though.

I don't want people to get it wrong. This is not something that I've ever seen done before and I think it will have merit if it get pushed out and gets the right attention. I have no idea where people go to watch people commit suicide, but I would imagine that they aren't having a heart to heart before they do it.

That's where I'm hoping a collaborative effort of us saying to the world, enough is enough might change things for the future; I truly think VAD is the next civil rights movement. Worst case scenario, there will be some video documented evidence to go along with the text play by play done by one user on another for SN method. I'll hopefully be gone by then, so whatever happens after that isn't my concern. It would just be my hope that it'd go viral and people would start pushing governments to allow it.

MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
I don't want people to get it wrong. This is not something that I've ever seen done before and I think it will have merit if it get pushed out and gets the right attention. I have no idea where people go to watch people commit suicide, but I would imagine that they aren't having a heart to heart before they do it.

That's where I'm hoping a collaborative effort of us saying to the world, enough is enough might change things for the future; I truly think VAD is the next civil rights movement. Worst case scenario, there will be some video documented evidence to go along with the text play by play done by one user on another for SN method. I'll hopefully be gone by then, so whatever happens after that isn't my concern. It would just be my hope that it'd go viral and people would start pushing governments to allow it.

If you are certain about ctb, then go for it. I just wouldn't make it your main driver to ctb. Either way, best of luck to you.

Supertramp

Supertramp

Feb 9, 2020
Pegasus has laws they have to follow. They can't just accept anyone. There are groups in the U.S. that have been trying to change legislation and laws state by state for years.
It's a noble thing you want to do but you are not going to make any difference.

Also you can't live stream on this site. Maybe try some other place to do that. We really do not want to call negative attention to this site.

People have live streamed their suicides before without making anyone think that laws should be changed. Of course we would like to have assisted suicide legal everywhere but as of now that's not going to happen just because someone else live streams themself committing suicide. If anything it might make them crack down on using SN and make it illegal.

I feel like I'm being pretty thorough here and that no one is reading what I'm saying. I'm not just trying to live stream a suicide to the masses. I'm trying to live stream it to people that can then take it an anonymously send it out along with a suicide video explaining why it's important. Just streaming a suicide isn't going to change anything, I agree with that.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I feel like I'm being pretty thorough here and that no one is reading what I'm saying. I'm not just trying to live stream a suicide to the masses. I'm trying to live stream it to people that can then take it an anonymously send it out along with a suicide video.
I was thinking of using a delayed email service for this
I'm reading what you are saying: "I was thinking of using a delayed email service for this" I thought you were going to do it yourself, or do you want others to do it?

You should know about all the attempts like this that others have done. The young lady who testified before Congress as she was dying. The elderly lady who starved herself to death in the UK. The man over 100 years old who had to travel from Australia to Switzerland to die.

The woman in Oregon who had a documentary made of her slow death from pancreatic cancer who used that state's death with dignity law to end her own life. As she was about to drink the fatal drink, she said over and over "tell people how easy this is."

It's not something new. Others have done it with a lot of publicity. Did they manage to get changes made? No.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitefeather
Supertramp

Supertramp

Feb 9, 2020
I'm reading what you are saying: "I was thinking of using a delayed email service for this" I thought you were going to do it yourself, or do you want others to do it?

You should know about all the attempts like this that others have done. The young lady who testified before Congress as she was dying. The elderly lady who starved herself to death in the UK. The man over 100 years old who had to travel from Australia to Switzerland to die.

The woman in Oregon who had a documentary made of her slow death from pancreatic cancer who used that state's death with dignity law to end her own life. As she was about to drink the fatal drink, she said over and over "tell people how easy this is."

It's not something new. Others have done it with a lot of publicity. Did they manage to get changes made? No.

Well fuck it then. Guess I won't bother. Enjoy your attempt when you go for it.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Well fuck it then. Guess I won't bother. Enjoy your attempt when you go for it.
Sorry to bring the bad news. I wish it were different. This has been a very long hard battle for years. It's not progressing too well. Maybe in another 100, 200 years we will be more enlightened.

Supertramp

Supertramp

Feb 9, 2020
Sorry to bring the bad news. I wish it were different. This has been a very long hard battle for years. It's not progressing too well.

When you give up before things have even started. Or bring negativity to a thread like this, you're better off not even commenting. You could suggest, things to mention in a suicide video, you could bring up a streaming site to use, you could do so much more than just say: its not going to work. If you have nothing to add to it then read, drop a like a move on. Like I said I'm looking for serious suggestions. What I'm suggesting is more than taking some N and saying look at how easy this is.

We live in a world where anything can go viral, and if the death of someone making a well thought out plea can hit the right audience change can happen. To pretend that change hasn't already happened in this world is to turn away from a truth that is hard to argue. Pegasos just went live in 2019, Oregon didn't approve DWDA until 1994. So don't act like it's a lost cause. If you wanna be part of something contribute, if not just move onto the next post.

At the end of the day if I don't get any, so be it. I'll hopefully be dead either way.

Reactions: StateOfMind