DeathBySuicide

DeathBySuicide

Nov 30, 2020
Ok, so I have a problem. I want to CTB with SN, but I have a boyfriend and I don't want to hurt him. He knows about my depression and my previous suicide attempts, and I basically tell him everything. If I disappear from the social media app where we chat, he'll know what happened to me. He's suicidal too, so if he figures out what happens to me, he'll CTB, and I don't want him to do that because he's not done with life. He has the contact information of a friend of mine and my family, so he could easily ask them what happened to me, and if they tell him, then things will turn ugly. Any advice?

• Love
Reactions: DeecyTee and Pallf
NotOkay_

NotOkay_

The damage is done, so i guess I’ll be leaving
Dec 2, 2020
Ok, so I have a problem. I want to CTB with SN, but I have a boyfriend and I don't want to hurt him. He knows about my depression and my previous suicide attempts, and I basically tell him everything. If I disappear from the social media app where we chat, he'll know what happened to me. He's suicidal too, so if he figures out what happens to me, he'll CTB, and I don't want him to do that because he's not done with life. He has the contact information of a friend of mine and my family, so he could easily ask them what happened to me, and if they tell him, then things will turn ugly. Any advice?
Tell him you've decided whats best for you

Reactions: DeathBySuicide and GoodPersonEffed
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I wish I could give you advice, but I can't. I can't speak for everyone here but I'm sure there are a few folks here who are dying to know how to ctb without hurting loved ones. I want to know too. As far as I know, it's just something you'll have to weigh with the idea of carrying out ctb.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and DeathBySuicide
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Unfortunately you can't. CTB will always hurt loved ones, even if they also understand the feeling of being suicidal. There are some rare people that will understand and not want you to be in pain, but they will still likely be hurt.

I think the only thing you can do is something like leave a note saying it wasn't his fault, you want him to live and enjoy life and don't CTB because of you.

Reactions: PeacefulDarkness, x~Sophia~x and DeathBySuicide
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If they love you, it's impossible not to hurt them.
However, their pain can be decreased by leaving goodbye videos and explaining to them that you've decided to do this and you love them very much. Also, you can tell them some funny anecdotes so that you can make them smile even at such a sad moment.

Reactions: DeathBySuicide and Metalhead