D

devisdead

Jul 2, 2022
I joined just yesterday. My mind has been in chaos for over 30 years. However hard I try to stay happy, I can't. Medicines and diversions like YT and Netflix work for some time, but soon the gloom returns, almost with a vengeance. If euthanasia is sanctioned for incurable illnesses and for people who are in chronic physical pain, why not me? My condition is incurable, and I too am in chronic PHYSICAL pain. What is this mind, after all? Is it something that exists outside our body? No. It is a component of the body itself, and common sense says that it resides somewhere in our brain. Because any depression we feel, we feel it inside our head, don't we? So in other words, my terrible depression is a physical pain I feel inside my head. My justifications might sound silly, but that's how I see it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, Forever Sleep, FinalDestiny and 13 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Welcome to SS. My mind has been in chaos for a while too, but not as long (I haven't been alive for 30 years yet, but it's close). It sucks that some of us have to live with broken, dysfunctional brains and we're treated like it's our fault we can't get better like we could if one of our limbs or an internal organ in our gut was hurting or quit working.

I'd love to have access to euthanasia as well. I'll probably be long gone from this world before it becomes legal and accessible to everyone, but I do hope it becomes a reality for future people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, Iamchickenhat, Lost Magic and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Welcome to S.S. :hug:
It has been a huge help to me in dealing with life. I think our reasons for wanting to CTB our are own and we don't have to justify them to anyone else. If I eventually get the courage to go through with it, I am grateful this site is here.
Most people are really nice. If someone isn't, you can always ignore them.
Just be careful how much personal information you post. I would not give an exact location out either.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, Iamchickenhat, Lost Magic and 2 others
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Hey, welcome.

This community has been huge for me. It's a refuge we can't find anywhere else. Whether you're here for just the short term or a long while, we'll be here with you.

Sorry your suffering brought you to this point.

• Love
Reactions: Endex, rationaltake, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is cruel for the society to deny people the option of euthanasia. A peaceful exit should be a human right. I'm sorry that you suffer so unbearably. It is such an unfair life and I hope that in whatever happens you are able to find relief from what you are going through.

• Love
Reactions: devisdead, not-2-b-the-answer, Iamchickenhat and 1 other person
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
A lot of us feel the same or similar to what you are describing. I hope you get some relief from signing up to SS. It's a good safe space. Welcome.

• Love
Reactions: Endex, devisdead, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Iamchickenhat

Iamchickenhat

Experienced
Dec 17, 2021
Hi! I hope you find everything you need here. I've not been here too long. I guess December is a long time ago. I hope you find comfort in the community. It's been very comforting to read a lot of things. I don't really have "friends" here, but there are someones who helped me right off the bat and put me in directions I wanted. There are many many many good ppl here. They relate and care. Many of them are wiser than I by multitudes, but they never make you feel stupid. I hope you find you community here. šŸ„°

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Endex, devisdead, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
sadmeltie

sadmeltie

Oct 16, 2022
Welcome to ss im New too its sad that our pets get the rights we don't they are allowed to be put under but us? Nope we must LIVE and give our looshy misery energy to the parasites that run this world

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Iamchickenhat and Endex
CowsAgainstCapitali

CowsAgainstCapitali

Dec 11, 2022
Welcome. You will find almost comedic levels of support here. Honestly the best forum I've ever joined, I have to restrain myself from using it as social media.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry life has brought you here. I agree and sympathise with you. It's just tragic really that SO many people are suffering mentally- yet- this just doesn't seem to be recognised as much as physical illness. I hope you are able to find at least some comfort and distraction here.

• Love
Endex

Endex

Magic bus
Jun 13, 2022
Welcome one and all, haven't been here too long myself. It's good if we can help each other muddle on, support each other, gain knowledge from each other or just feel like we aren't the only person on this planet to feel the way we do. Helps me being here anyway ā¤ļø.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer