Justaroguegear

Justaroguegear

Tired
Mar 11, 2020
I wake up at 6:30, with a natural light alarm that slowly increases in intensity for 10 minutes. I force a smile for 10 minutes, because it's proven that it elevates mood.
Instead of coffee I eat an apple. Experts say it's healthier and works just as well. Next I take a cold shower. It wakes you up better and you feel more energetic during the day.
For breakfast I quickly estimate a 332 kcal meal. No meat, no supplements, just (mostly raw) vegetables and grains that provide all the nutrients I need for the first part of my day.
I quickly finish off with oral hygiene.

I do not do everything perfectly but I try my best based on scientific studies.

I cycle to work. Excercise improves physical and mental health, especially if it's outdoors. I also need to burn the extra calories of that apple I started my day with.

I arrive at work at 8:55. After 2 years there's only a deviation of 5 seconds from this. At work I check my posture every few minutes and take the recommended breaks every hour.
During breaks I do hand stretches and short walks. I hydrate. I use the restroom and wash my hands for at least 40 seconds.
I make sure not to touch anything after, and if I do, I wash them again. If I still have time left from my break I organize my work space. When the break is done I go back to work.
There is always more to do.
Halfway through I hold a quick 5 minute break, and eat an estimated 679 kcal meal.
I do a good deal of more work than I am expected. I do not chase a major promotion. I am happy with the job and salary I have, however I do want a family eventually and I do not want to become too busy for them.
I do not want to get fired either, and I am hoping I will keep getting a raise and make enough $̷̢͍̯̹͒̆̚€̷̰͇̈̀̚£̵̨̙̱̐͑̎̃ so that in 10 years, with smart and safe investing, I could retire if I wanted to.

And in case of an unforeseen event such as:

Ș̵̐e̷̲͝v̸̤͂e̶̘̊r̸̟͠ ̵͍̉p̷̗̔h̶̜̽y̸̗̓ṡ̵̱ị̷̅c̶̯͝a̶͎̔l̸̥̕ ̴̨̉ḭ̴͊n̷̰̒j̵̍͜u̴̲͋r̶͎̓y̸̛ͅ.̴̤̑ ̴̱͘ ̸̹͂ ̸̡̀ ̵͛
̸̣̾ ̸̟̔Ì̸͚d̵͇͋e̵͎͆n̷͈̑t̵̲̑ȉ̷̲ţ̷̇ý̴̥ ̶̦́ṭ̴̈́ḧ̶̼ȩ̸́f̸͙͊t̵̡̆.̶͈̅ ̶̦͂ ̸̤͆ ̶̹̆ ̵̘̑ ̴̗͒
̶̝̒M̶͚͋ä̵̝j̸̯͘ö̴̜r̶͖͗ ̷̬̒h̵͎̀ȇ̸̥ȃ̸͈ḻ̷͆t̵͉̂h̵̙̓ ̶͇͌p̷̣͛r̴̩͝ő̵̼b̸̯̌l̸̩͌e̵͑ͅm̴̝͠.̶̦̅ ̸̧̽ ̵̼͝ ̵͚͊ ̶̨̕ ̷̹̆ ̷̧̓ ̵̪͊ ̶̠̔ ̷̳̈́ ̵͈̍
̶͇̂ ̸͇͝ ̷̤̔ ̴͕͂L̶͚̀ȏ̸͇s̵̤͋s̵͚̿ ̵͉̒ó̴͈f̷̻͗ ̵͕̾j̶̝̈́o̵̜̚b̴͜͝.̷̊͜ ̷̖͂ ̵̡̈́ ̷̝̐ ̶̳̅
A̸͇̽n̸͓͛ ̵̦̓ẹ̴͠c̶̐ͅǫ̴̅n̸͕͂o̴͖͝m̵̞͝i̷̧͑c̷͕̓ ̶̗͒c̵͕̀r̵͍͝i̸͔͝s̸͕̊i̸̟̇ṡ̸̜.̴͔͋ ̷͓͠ ̵̦̚ ̷̪͆ ̸̢͐ ̴̲̊
W̵̱͌a̴͈̅r̷̳̆.̴̙̊ ̵̜͑ ̵̼́ ̸͓̀ ̷̠̔ ̶̢̾ ̷̲̒ ̴̳̚ ̵̢͒ ̶͋
Pă̴̶̸̵̷͉͉͇̳̝̐̐̽͠ń̴̸̷̵̶̨͓̼̟̬̾̎̚͠d̸̵̶̵̶̦̲̯̫̖̍̂̅̿̔e̷̸̵̵̸͙̰̲͉͉̐̌̇͑͌m̸̵̷̷̸̡̠͙̤̠̽̉̂͠͝i̵̵̶̷̸̡͇̹͍͉͂̓̆͑͠c̵̴̷̸̷̡̻̟͔̆̏̇̀̎͜

I will have a safety net.

I stay at work until 5:10 pm, unless I have something urgent. If so, the earliest I leave is 4:55 pm . It rarely happens though.

After work I dedicate 2 hours for social activities. Never alcohol or sugar, you don't need that to have fun. The point of it all is to talk with others and share laughs. During this time I might eat something that fits my diet.
Humans are social creatures, and without it your mental health suffers.
If I absolutely need to see a medical professional, or manage my finances I am forced to skip this stage. However with my routine in terms of mental and physical health I don't need to see doctors more than once a year,
and all my finances are carefully planned. Unless something really goes wrong, I don't even need to look at it.

It is about 7 pm, and now I take care of less urgent things such as grocery shopping. At about 8:30 pm I arrive home. I eat the last meal of the day with an estimated 623 kcal meal.
It is good to have your last meal early so it doesn't bother your rest. Then I take care of the household duties.
After that I take a hot shower since the hot water helps you sleep.
Every 3 days I wash my hair, more than that is not recommended. I brush my teeth and if I have time I read a book until 10:15 pm. No screens since arriving home, they keep you awake longer.
At 10:15 it's lights off, and by 10:30 I am asleep to get exactly the 8 hours of recommended sleep. My bed has no pillows or blankets. It's healthier that way.

There are things I could do better of course, but figuring it all out again would mess up my entire routine and could do more harm than good.

I have a good life, no alcohol no cigarettes, no narcotics. My back is straight, my posture confident, my handshake firm, my teeth are straight and white, my weight is ideal, I have healthy blood pressure and blood tests confirm I am perfectly healthy in every way.

J̸u̶s̸t̶ ̶b̸e̷c̷a̴u̸s̶e̶ ̵i̵t̶'̴s̵ ̷t̴h̸e̵ ̷b̵e̸s̴t̷ ̴t̴i̷m̶e̴ ̶t̸o̴ ̸b̴e̴ ̶a̵l̶i̸v̴e̵ ̴d̴o̵e̵s̶n̵'̶t̴ ̸m̶e̷a̸n̷ ̸i̵t̵'̶s̴ ̵g̵o̸o̴d̷ ̶t̴o̴ ̶b̶e̵ ̶a̸l̷i̶v̷e̴.

• Love
Reactions: RayoSinSol, Too_Many_Regrets, WinterFaust and 6 others
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Whether this is supposed to be art or genuine, I quite enjoyed reading that. Thanks.

Reactions: WinterFaust and _Minsk
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
You almost had me, but then I remembered the post is called Hell...

Reactions: RayoSinSol and WinterFaust