• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

barkinglog1

Apr 24, 2024
hi, so im looking to go to a close by welding store to get some things for just peace of mind. going in to ask for helium seems probably kinda odd, also where do i get a hose and bag and everything for the helium exit bag method? thanks.

Reactions: whocaresreally
W

whocaresreally

Loser
Apr 11, 2024

SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Bringing out the Dead and Searching for the Living
Apr 12, 2023
Not sure if welding stores even sell helium. My dad is a welder, and from what I understand either argon or nitrogen is usually used to displace oxygen around an arc while welding. Beyond that, good helium sources are also extremely hard to come by since most modern helium has a mix of oxyen in it.

Reactions: Eudaimonic
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Helium is still quite common in welding and would probably be available in a gas depo, but so would nitrogen which is cheaper to get. If asked why helium try playing the I'm picking it up for my dad/friend card. Or you're hosting a big birth day party, which requires a lot of balloons.

The helium you get from a gas depo/welding store will come in high pressure cylinder, which either you brought with your or the store will supply you. If you bring your own, it's just a matter of refilling it but if you buying a whole cylinder they probably going to ask more questions about its specific use. Not because they're instantly suspicious, but to help you with your specific needs. But depending on your answers and knowledge about your use it can raise suspicions, try stick to one story either you don't know anything and only helping your dad/friend or you have a very specific use.

The helium high pressure cylinder you get will require a regulator and a flowmeter to use with an exit bag, sometimes the flowmeter is built in the regulator. It's not like the party balloons canisters you se in the store, these are under much more pressure.

Reactions: barkinglog1