• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

diversifi

Apr 9, 2024
Just found out my helium canister is 99%pure helium but they wouldn't disclose how many L it is I bought the biggest one is anyone here good at math and can figure it out based on the information I got? They said it could inflate about 50 balloons and each ballon they referenced was 20-25cm latex balloons is anyone here able to figure out how many L my canister is holding based on this?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You'd also need to know the pressure how compressed the helium in the canister is. I don't think "50 balloons" are enough for the inert gas method and 99% pure might not be pure enough in the end. Why don't u consider Nitrogen?

Upvote 0
EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
I ordered one before and it stated that you could fill 50 balloons with a diameter of 23cm. The packaging stated that it had 400L of helium. Hope this helps

Reactions: diversifi
Upvote 1
akvalentine

akvalentine

Mar 23, 2024
From Five Last Acts 2015:
Yes, a 50 balloon sized tank should theoretically work. 99% is pure enough for helium - mainly you're looking to avoid the 80-20% mix that is on the market (Balloon Time or any helium made by Worthington) nowadays to prevent CTB. May not be as reliable as nitrogen or argon are, though. I would look at the megathread about inert gas.

Attachments

• five last acts helium tank size.png
    five last acts helium tank size.png
    365.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Just found out my helium canister is 99%pure helium but they wouldn't disclose how many L it is I bought the biggest one is anyone here good at math and can figure it out based on the information I got? They said it could inflate about 50 balloons and each ballon they referenced was 20-25cm latex balloons is anyone here able to figure out how many L my canister is holding based on this?

Sounds like you got party balloon canister, these can be risky. Check that the manufacturer is not located in USA since they have a reputation of adding oxygen.

The canister I have seen that have the specs you mentioned contains around 360 liters of helium. Which would last you 24 min at 15/lpm. Unfortunately you would have no way to track the flow since there is no flowmeter. Which would probably decrease the time further. There is not a lot of margin of error, 15 min of continuous inert gas is needed to ctb under ideal settings.

The old school videos show this method is possible although they often recommend two canister, one to practice on and one to ctb. It's possible but with the options of a more "professional" setups most chose the latter since it removes the guess work and raises the margins of success.

Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It's said they mix those with oxygen to prevent suicides. Those who don't want to die won't complain as their balloons will be filled any ways....win win for suicide prevention.

Upvote 0
D

diversifi

Apr 9, 2024
You'd also need to know the pressure how compressed the helium in the canister is. I don't think "50 balloons" are enough for the inert gas method and 99% pure might not be pure enough in the end. Why don't u consider Nitrogen?
Already have the helium canister and don't have money for nitrogen
Sounds like you got party balloon canister, these can be risky. Check that the manufacturer is not located in USA since they have a reputation of adding oxygen.

The canister I have seen that have the specs you mentioned contains around 360 liters of helium. Which would last you 24 min at 15/lpm. Unfortunately you would have no way to track the flow since there is no flowmeter. Which would probably decrease the time further. There is not a lot of margin of error, 15 min of continuous inert gas is needed to ctb under ideal settings.

The old school videos show this method is possible although they often recommend two canister, one to practice on and one to ctb. It's possible but with the options of a more "professional" setups most chose the latter since it removes the guess work and raises the margins of success.
Does the bag need an opening at the end to let gas flow out so the bag doesn't pop?

Upvote 0
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Already have the helium canister and don't have money for nitrogen

Does the bag need an opening at the end to let gas flow out so the bag doesn't pop?

You typically use a sweatband or some other elastic around the opening of the bag which will fit snug around your neck. Are you sure you have researched this topic, you only get one chance with the amount of helium you got. This video may be of interest, it's and older one but uses the same kind of canister.

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: blackheart3
Upvote 0
A

Anclaje

May 2, 2024
Pedí uno antes y decía que se podían llenar 50 globos con un diámetro de 23 cm. El embalaje decía que tenía 400 litros de helio. Espero que esto ayude
No entiendo, 50 globos y 400 litros, son 8 litros por cada globo... ¿Se necesitan 8 litros para inflar un globo? Veo con pesar que hay muchos errores en la información sobre las cantidades.

Upvote 0
EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
No entiendo, 50 globos y 400 litros, son 8 litros por cada globo... ¿Se necesitan 8 litros para inflar un globo? Veo con pesar que hay muchos errores en la información sobre las cantidades.
Pretty much.
Using the equation:
V=3/4πr^3
to calculate the volume of a sphere I get 6,37L using the diameter of 23cm.
Since a balloon isn't a sphere there is even more space to fit air in so 8L sounds realistic.

Reactions: Anclaje
Upvote 0
A

Anclaje

May 2, 2024
Bastante.
Usando la ecuación:
V=3/4πr^3
para calcular el volumen de una esfera obtengo 6,37L usando el diámetro de 23cm.
Dado que un globo no es una esfera, hay aún más espacio para colocar aire, por lo que 8L parece realista.
Thank you and sorry for my ignorance, it seemed like an exaggerated volume. Again, thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: EyesOfNight
Upvote 0