Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
a friend was talking about a parking deck he was hanging out at and remarked on how scary high he thought it was. so i paid it a visit after work today to check it out myself ("Stars of Track and Field" by Belle & Sebastian turning out to be a lovely song that swelled beautifully with ascending each level right as it all drops out once you get to the top full of massive, blue open sky. The timing was actually a little off but still!). It looks like it's about 10ish floors but i'm pretty shit at math, lol. But from my research, this should be over 50 ft (15.25 m) which would increase a likelihood of fatality depending on how one lands. mostly just looking for thoughts and feedback, thanks everyone

A7061

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and HappyMstake
A

Ashwee73

Jul 13, 2020
Plunge head first

Would suck if God didn't let u die

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyMstake and Escargot Shorts
A

Allan that was

Feb 20, 2020
Kinda been looking into the possibilitiy of heights for myself, but it just seems like the possibility of turning oneself into a vegetable is always present. seems kinda uncertain to me

• Hugs
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44, not-2-b-the-answer, HappyMstake and 1 other person
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
Yeah, headfirst is always a big thing about it. It's like one might as well have a secondary method on hand, which I've been considering as well.

HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
I'm not sure if that's tall enough though, I've heard about people surviving 300ft drops. I know it does depend on how you land, you always want to land head first and make sure there are no cars or trees in the way obviously.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Escargot Shorts
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
Right, and some people die from way less. All in the technique. :wink:

HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
Right. What your secondary option? if you don't mind me asking.

Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
Right. What your secondary option? if you don't mind me asking.

Lol this one is so messy and over the top and why i def don't like it.
A simple gunshot to the dome on the ledge and hoping physics topples me over on the correct side.
But it's so much drama. Not a fan.

But if *that* fails, then damn!

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It's possible. Lostallhope recommends 10-15 stories as a jump height, and this does seem to make it to around 10 stories. That said if you can find anything higher that would be preferable. Also please don't rely on the idea of landing on your head; that may not be as easy to control as you'd anticipate and it isn't worth place such a large risk on.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I believe he may have landed on something, but generally it's an anomaly when it happens. 47 stories is like at least 470 feet (assuming 10ft per floor/story), possibly more. I'd still believe the chances of death are still very high with jumping just an outlier that someone (one of the very, very few) is able to survive such a long fall to the bottom.

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and Escargot Shorts
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Sep 26, 2018
It's possible. Lostallhope recommends 10-15 stories as a jump height, and this does seem to make it to around 10 stories. That said if you can find anything higher that would be preferable. Also please don't rely on the idea of landing on your head; that may not be as easy to control as you'd anticipate and it isn't worth place such a large risk on.

Yea, meets 10 barely. There's a hotel a few blocks away but that's a lot more central to populations, very much a no-go environment in terms of too many witnesses who wouldn't wanna be witnesses.

And yea, never took diving lessons as a kid, I'd have no control, short of managing some buck wild weight distribution.
But goofs aside, i appreciate being everything to chew over and rethink

Last edited:
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I believe he may have landed on something, but generally it's an anomaly when it happens. 47 stories is like at least 470 feet (assuming 10ft per floor/story), possibly more. I'd still believe the chances of death are still very high with jumping just an outlier that someone (one of the very, very few) is able to survive such a long fall to the bottom.

He may have survived because he was holding onto the scaffolding that fell with him:

'Alcides Moreno was found crouching among a pile of twisted metal, clutching the scaffold controls...'

'Speculation continues as to how he survived. By holding tight as he fell, did the scaffolding take most of the impact? Did the scaffolding somehow surf the air? Did Alcides Moreno bounce off the side of the building on the way down, slowing his fall?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-39114931

Reactions: Escargot Shorts