HeavensBlessings

HeavensBlessings

Angel
Aug 20, 2024
This isn't really about catching the bus or finding ways to avoid it. It's more about how I've navigated various habits throughout my life.

I've noticed a recurring pattern where I become deeply engaged with certain activities that can be somewhat addictive. For instance, I used to immerse myself in gambling games that didn't involve real money. It wasn't the financial stakes that drew me in, but rather the thrill and challenge.

Similarly, I had a phase where I was excessively drawn to caffeinated sodas. The allure of their taste and the boost they provided made it hard for me to step away from them. Sleep has also been a significant factor at different times. There were periods when I would oversleep, almost as if it were a refuge from other pressures.

Currently, coffee has taken center stage in my life. I find myself increasingly dependent on it to power through my daily routines. It's become a staple that I struggle to moderate.

These are just a few examples of habits that have had a notable impact on my life. I'm curious about your own experiences. What strategies or coping mechanisms do you use when you find yourself becoming overly absorbed in certain activities?

T

Trying To Live

Aug 18, 2024
I started lifting weights when I was 18. I'm 38 years old now. It was on and of but there were periods (months/almost years) that I went to the gym everyday.

At the moment i'm training hard. It helps me cope and it's really cool to see your body changing.

Long walks is also a coping mechanism of mine. In nature or at the river watching the sun set. I started doing walks when I was a student.

I was also an alcoholic but i stopped drinking alcohol. It helped me survive but at what cost? It's poison.

Another coping mechanism is weed for the last couple of years. I try to do it in moderation.

Last edited:
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
for me, i have a limit engraved into my brain. it's hard, but you just have to set that boundary in your head based on what you prioritize. other than that, stay away from trying anything addictive & dangerous...and refrain as much as possible from buying or seeing things you're already addicted to.