Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Those of you in the UK will understand when I say I've been banging my head against the brick wall that is the crisis team and community mental health services. In the last couple of weeks, the crisis team have called and ambulance for me on 3 different occasions because of attempted suicide - but I've just been told that the mental health team aren't going to offer me any support*, and the crisis team are reviewing their support next week.

(*Not that they told me themselves despite promising they'd let me know - I had to ask the crisis team to find out.)

I'm an atheist and don't believe in anything spiritual but do you ever feel like the universe is sending you a message in six foot high neon flashing lights?

Was going to post this in Recovery but feeling very much #TeamSuicideDiscussion right now.

Meeting a friend tomorrow for lunch, and will then try and think of a plan for the dogs so I can CTB over the weekend. Not got the energy for this any more.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wanderingthroughdark, Dead Meat, phoenixx and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you have had that experience with the mental health services. From what I have heard, many people have been let down by them. I understand it is hard to carry on when you have no more energy, life really is tiring. I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Manaaja and lobster salad
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
No, head don't meet brick wall. That'd hurt.

Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, Ash and lobster salad
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
I have met @Brick In The Wall too. he's really nice

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: newave3, Brick In The Wall, patheticpartner and 2 others
S

SNO

Oct 6, 2021
Those of you in the UK will understand when I say I've been banging my head against the brick wall that is the crisis team and community mental health services. In the last couple of weeks, the crisis team have called and ambulance for me on 3 different occasions because of attempted suicide - but I've just been told that the mental health team aren't going to offer me any support*, and the crisis team are reviewing their support next week.

(*Not that they told me themselves despite promising they'd let me know - I had to ask the crisis team to find out.)

I'm an atheist and don't believe in anything spiritual but do you ever feel like the universe is sending you a message in six foot high neon flashing lights?

Was going to post this in Recovery but feeling very much #TeamSuicideDiscussion right now.

Meeting a friend tomorrow for lunch, and will then try and think of a plan for the dogs so I can CTB over the weekend. Not got the energy for this any more.
Hey! Omg it's mental because I literally have just got off of the phone with the community team and I could easily go off the rails and rant about them right now. I was so close to cbt yesterday, to the point I had my plan sorted and trial ran what id do. My parents abs girlfriend are what stop me from going through with it and want me to get the support. Being told to go and have a cup of tea and to do an online zoom group really grinds my gears as if that's going to solve all the issues. They're patronising and just so ridiculous.
I feel your pain with them, getting through to them is impossible . My parents have tried several times to.. I gave up with them all a long time ago, but my parents still continue to battle. Sorry to hear you're going through the same.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Ash
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Being told to go and have a cup of tea and to do an online zoom group really grinds my gears as if that's going to solve all the issues.
Ha! I got told to go and have a bath when I rang one night. Really regret not informing him that apart from the fact it was one in the morning, I'm too fat to fit comfortably...

• Yay!
Reactions: SNO
S

SNO

Oct 6, 2021
Ha! I got told to go and have a bath when I rang one night. Really regret not informing him that apart from the fact it was one in the morning, I'm too fat to fit comfortably...
Don't worry, same x

Reactions: Ash
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
Hi,
1st of all, refusing mental health support is a d*ck move and requires immediate sacking of that unprofessional staff.
2. Don't do it again. You'll just hurt yourself badly.
3. B3tt3r 0ptions available.

S

SNO

Oct 6, 2021
Hi,
1st of all, refusing mental health support is a d*ck move and requires immediate sacking of that unprofessional staff.
2. Don't do it again. You'll just hurt yourself badly.
3. B3tt3r 0ptions available.
How is that refusing mental health support? They don't give any support in the first place to refuse

Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria and Ash
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
@SNO
Great point, but technically th*se f*ckers are supposed to give some support. Same in Poland. F#ck this s#it.

Reactions: Ash
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Still can't figure out what to do with my dogs and can't bring myself to make another attempt until there's a plan for them.