Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It really sucks having no redeeming qualities at all. When you look at characters in fiction that are losers they always have some redeeming quality to make them seem like a person that you can connect with, because it's hard to connect with someone who does nothing and is nothing. I have absolutely nothing. I've grown up boring, without talent, unintelligent, unskilled, weak and unattractive. It feels like I have nothing to offer in the world and nothing I can use to make my life enjoyable. People tell you that you can do whatever you want with life, but what are you supposed to do when you don't gravitate naturally towards anything? Feels like living is pointless like this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: kovkay, charlottewilts, Kassender and 11 others
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
You are soo lovely, I think it is a shame such a young girl have no will to live. My English is not good enough but you are desperate, and I dont no realy why? You have angst and no pain, or what is your darkest motivation to kill your self? You need someone to talk, I am right?

Reactions: maru.
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
It really sucks having no redeeming qualities at all. When you look at characters in fiction that are losers they always have some redeeming quality to make them seem like a person that you can connect with, because it's hard to connect with someone who does nothing and is nothing. I have absolutely nothing. I've grown up boring, without talent, unintelligent, unskilled, weak and unattractive. It feels like I have nothing to offer in the world and nothing I can use to make my life enjoyable. People tell you that you can do whatever you want with life, but what are you supposed to do when you don't gravitate naturally towards anything? Feels like living is pointless like this.

Unfortunately i can't offer any words of comfort or advice, because i'm in the exact same boat.
What i used to call hobbies and interests now are nothing more than escapisms and distractions from my own conscious.
Nothing can really grab by attention for more than a week.
Being like this also makes choosing a career hard, since you have to do it for the rest of your life.
It's work, if i get bored out of things that are supposed to be enjoyable, imagine how i feel about that, i don't get how people get passionate about their careers.
The fiction you've mentioned also doesn't help, since it gives us this idea when we're young that we're special and will get a happy ending.
Then the "Real World" shows up and crushes those illusions.
Like i've said, i don't know i can say to make you feel ok, i wish i did tho, i'm very sorry.
I guess the only thing you can take from my reply is that, well, you're not alone in feeling like this, there are people who understand you.
*hugs*

You are soo lovely, I think it is a shame such a young girl have no will to live. My English is not good enough but you are desperate, and I dont no realy why? You have angst and no pain, or what is your darkest motivation to kill your self? You need someone to talk, I am right?

I imagine that there's a lot of people in this website that feel like @cryptic__egg and i, so if there's any advice you can give, everyone would appreciate it dearly.
Also, your english is understandable.

Reactions: _Minsk, Deleted member 17949 and ocd is bad
S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
I know what that feels like.
All I can tell you is, in my experience just doing SOMETHING at all, it really does not matter what, will eventually show you where you naturally gravitate towards in life.
It is important to literally do anything (volunteer, study something, ...), if it doesn't fit for you fine! You will notice that whatever you do, it moves you closer to your natural destination.

Reactions: _Minsk, maru., ocd is bad and 1 other person
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
First question always: Why don't I like to wake up and go outside for 20 min. at the mornings/per day? -
If there is no physical-pain, and no killer waits for you...
A hobby is always a good pusher, a lack of money a downer.

Reactions: maru. and ocd is bad
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I relate to this a lot, its always difficult to go through these motions. I think it relates to real life as well as fiction, if people can't find any qualitative skills or personality in a person they just aren't interested in getting to know them.

Going through the notion of constantly trying to figure out what I have to offer to the world feels like I'm bashing my head against a wall. With some faint hope that doing this will give me some sort of revelation, its exhausting.

I would describe myself as painfully mediocre, having no redeeming qualities and having a dull personality. Its felt like any passion for anything I've wanted to do have been stopped by forces out of my control or by my own shortcomings. I have no passion for anything in this life, so hopefully I find it for whatever lies afterwards.

I'm sorry you feel this way, I don't have much advice to give since I feel as lost as you do about it. A word I see get thrown around a lot is manifestation, I guess the more you believe your dream is reality the easier it is to achieve. It would be nice if we had Shia LaBeouf to scream "just do it!" when we need motivating :hihi:

• Hugs
Reactions: kovkay, charlottewilts, _Minsk and 3 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
You have redeeming qualities, egg.
For one, you're a very good communicator, and your spelling and grammar are excellent.
For another, you're open and honest, and respectful and considerate of others.
I know internet friends aren't the same as real world friends, but you have friends here.
We're our own worst critics. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a good person.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17949, RileyTanaka, maru. and 1 other person
K

Kain10th

May 7, 2020
That would be me yup

• Hugs
Reactions: kovkay, maru., Deleted member 17949 and 1 other person