have you told anyone in real life that you want to ctb?

• Total voters
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I thought this could be interesting. I haven't told anyone and i think i'll never be able to

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ghost2211, Invisible 73 and 3 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I have talked to my sister about the plans I have in detail. I know it saddens her. I have a really good feeling when I am gone she will appreciate the conversations we had.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Soul, canihavepeaceforonce and 6 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Does it count if it has been over 6 months?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, canihavepeaceforonce, Georgii and 3 others
B

BrokenGirl

Aug 24, 2020
My therapist

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Georgii and sadworld
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Yeah its a waste of time most people dont get it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Broken Chimera, lobster salad, Ghost2211 and 15 others
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
I had and despite not supported, it was understood. Lucky me

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Ghost2211, Soul and 2 others
I

inactive

Student
Jul 26, 2020
Only 12 votes so far but woooow, I am surprised that the overwhelming answer is affirmative... I don't feel very safe revealing my suicidal feelings to anyone in real life.

• Hugs
Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce, Invisible 73, Georgii and 6 others
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
Yeah, I keep dropping bombs to my mom and sister.
Like I tell them to keep the pictures I send them or tell them about my plans.
They never get used to it. It is painful for them and at some extent they do not want to believe it.
Till it happens.
In a way I desensitise them to it. But it will hit just as hard when, I hope, I will be gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, canihavepeaceforonce, Georgii and 4 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
No, why would you? I think people who do this secretly want to be rescued and not CTB.

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: Ghost2211, Ximon, sadworld and 3 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Only 12 votes so far but woooow, I am surprised that the overwhelming answer is affirmative... I don't feel very safe revealing my suicidal feelings to anyone in real life.
I think at some point many of us woukd have shared it with someone, maybe when we wanted help.
As time goes on it becomes pointless to share it as it doesn't help anyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Georgii, Denise2207 and 4 others
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Yeah I've told lots but I say it in a jokey way.
The thing is I've disappointed a few people over the years, I would love to mend everything with those people then do it, I'm selfish like that.

• Hugs
Blueman

Blueman

Student
Aug 13, 2020
No, why would you? I think people who do this secretly want to be rescued and not CTB.
Correct in my case don't really want to CTB but just so depressed am seriously thinking about it

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, sadworld and Mm80
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I've said more days than not since my son died I want to die. I've recently warned my mother I have found a way that will peacefully bring me to my son. I ended up double teamed 2 days later by her and my bro. All I could do is tell them if you could feel the extent of the pain I live with every second of everyday if you could feel it for 5 minutes you would understand and see how selfish it is to want me to stay here. The conversation went a bit deeper. In the end after my mom discussed my home and animals. I think she really understands my existence is to painful. I didn't tell them to get caught - hospital discharged me on od due to not taking my insurance. Family knows I will just be released immediately upon psychiatrist seeing me. I want them warned, to lesson the blow when it does happen. My sons car accident was a shock. If he had been sick and I knew the potential outcome I think it would have been easier to address. I don't want my family to be shocked. I always tell them when I die don't cry for me- I will be reunited with J.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Doormat, Georgii and 2 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I have had conversations with my mom for a while now because I didn't want it to be a shock to her. I know she will handle it better...and she already has been. She knows my problems can't be solved by slapping me in psychiatric prison so I have never feared that. She also knows this has been a lifelong struggle for me. I would rather live but if nothing improves I'll ctb.

That's not true for everyone. I for one did it to help a family member come to terms with it vs shocking them and they are left wondering if there was anything they could have done. I don't secretly want to be rescued.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Ghost2211, Ximon and 6 others
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
I've told people so it's not a shock - I don't think they take it seriously though. I most certainly do not want to be "saved" from my choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Soul, canihavepeaceforonce and 8 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I have told people that I wanted to do it in the past, but it's been a while since I've shared that kind of info with anyone I'm not going to do it ever again. As far as those people know, I have no intention of doing it anymore (even though I do) and it has to stay that way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Baba, Georgii and 4 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
That's not true for everyone. I for one did it to help a family member come to terms with it vs shocking them and they are left wondering if there was anything they could have done. I don't secretly want to be rescued.

One could always leave a detailed note explaining everything. That's what I'm going to do and I've already gotten started on it.

• Hugs
T

TheSkyIsBlue

Student
May 16, 2020
Yes. A waste of time. They don't get it until you actually do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, UglyDuck666, canihavepeaceforonce and 5 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, it wasn't to be helped or saved. It wanted to let him know I couldn't cope with him treating me like trash while also happily getting ready to go hook up with the home wrecker he divided the family for. I didn't want to be impulsive and unstable, and wanted to die on my terms rather than because he pushed me over the edge.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni, Georgii and sadworld
L

Life_is_comedy

Sep 14, 2020
Yes, and most just shrug it off not taking it seriously until it's too late or trying to deflect it in another manner by talking about another topic altogether. Trust me, this isn't unique in any way. Our stories are mostly just a copy-paste of one another. Most human beings don't like hearing these things so they don't give a flying frick until it's already too late. Then comes the "He/she should've opened up" or "I wish I could be there for him/her" when the suicide goes through. F**k off. It makes my blood boil whenever I see empty platitudes from what should've been a support network like these on the news. You only give a damn when they're dead, not when they're alive.

Reactions: Broken Chimera, Ghost2211, sadworld and 3 others
S

snowdrift

Sep 17, 2020
I've been weirdly open to my family and a few acquaintances about wanting to end my life soon. It's interesting because no one is really outwardly bothered by it. Maybe they think I'm just talking shit. In any case, I hope they don't act too surprised when it inevitably happens... Shrug Emoji.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and sadworld
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i've said "i want to kill myself" in response to minor inconveniences, and have threatened to kill myself hundreds of times, but i've never seriously discussed my ideation or plans. i don't fancy being shipped off somewhere.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, canihavepeaceforonce, Georgii and 2 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
One could always leave a detailed note explaining everything. That's what I'm going to do and I've already gotten started on it.
Yes. I'm also leaving a note myself. I have most of it finished. I just knew in my case my mom would take it much better if I had told her ahead of time. I feel that it was best and I did all I could do in my set of circumstances.

Reactions: Ghost2211, voyager and sadworld
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, nitroautnz, Georgii and 7 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
No. When I was a child around age 12 and the suicidal thoughts began to emerge, I did tell someone. The drama and chaos that ensued afterwards was enough to put me off of ever telling anyone again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, canihavepeaceforonce, voyager and 8 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I realized afterward it wasn't fair to them to put that kind of uncomfortable burden on them. It can't be pleasant to hear someone tell you that. Also they might just think you're crazy if they don't know you well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Baba, nitroautnz and sadworld
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Told about another person not me to my sister in law about how that person was saying stuff like ending up in front of train, she replied good let her do it and be done with it but don't let myself be emotionally blackmailed, different strokes for different folks, my mum would have said the complete opposite like help her in any way you can.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and sadworld
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I don't have anyone to talk to irl

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ghost2211, canihavepeaceforonce, voyager and 6 others
dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
In 9th grade I had two equally depressed friends, we'd talk about our plans a lot. All of us have attempted but none of us succeeded, since then I haven't told anyone off here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, sadworld and muffin222
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
I told my gf during a fit in an argument that I ordered something to off myself with, I never told her what it was (SN) but I've now lied to her that I disposed of it as it's hidden in my house

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Ghost2211, inactive and 2 others