• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
(I hope funeral card is the right translation for doodsprentje.)

I have. Had to change the date from 2023 to 2024. 🤣 It explicitly mentions one person that won't be welcome to greet my body. She has ruined my life for a couple of years now. But she loves attention and is very egocentric; she'll probably be in heaven for being mentioned, even if it is in a negative way.

Reactions: kermudgeon
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
no, but i have typed out instructions on how to dispose of my corpse🧸i've also explicitly stated that i don't want any type of memorial service. i can't bear the thought of all the actors & actresses that'll come crawling out of the woodwork when i die, acting like they really knew/cared abt me @ all. ik i can't stop them though, even w no service they'll still take to social media & post abt it. but the least i can do for myself after death is not have a big show put on for it.

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
What's a funeral card? Never heard of it

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
What's a funeral card? Never heard of it
We call it 'doodsprentje'. They used to be printed and handed out to people at a funeral mass ? (church service). Maybe I got the translation wrong, but an image search showed examples of what I was thinking, so...

Nowadays, it's digital and published on a site like for instance inmemoriam.be.

It contains the name (and picture) of the deceased, date of birth, date of death and then name of the parents, siblings, husband/wife/children. I added a poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
We call it 'doodsprentje'. They used to be printed and handed out to people at a funeral mass ? (church service). Maybe I got the translation wrong, but an image search showed examples of what I was thinking, so...

Nowadays, it's digital and published on a site like for instance inmemoriam.be.

It contains the name (and picture) of the deceased, date of birth, date of death and then name of the parents, siblings, husband/wife/children. I added a poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye.
Oh okay, I get what you mean. So kind of like an obituary? Personally I don't want a funeral or obituary, I don't think it's anyone's business to know that I died.

Last edited:
Raven2

Raven2

Experienced
Dec 1, 2022
It's called an 'order of service' where I live given out to guests at the church. But no I never even thought about it. It would be up to the family to sort mine

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
It's called an 'order of service' where I live given out to guests at the church. But no I never even thought about it. It would be up to the family to sort mine
I made one for my father when he died. It's on that website (inmemoriam.be). It sort of gives me comfort that mine is ready.and to my likings.

missmyworld

missmyworld

Feb 18, 2024
Funerals are eerie to me. Also the thought that after only an hour, they'll just be laughing and eating food together ignoring the whole deal.

Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Oh okay, I get what you mean. So kind of like an obituary? Personally I don't want a funeral or obituary, I don't think it's anyone's business to know that I died.
I think 'obituary' is the correct translation.
Funerals are eerie to me. Also the thought that after only an hour, they'll just be laughing and eating food together ignoring the whole deal.
Ah, there will be no 'coffee table' on my funeral. Only a chance to greet my body and family alone will be welcome when they scatter my ashes.