Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I was doing research for a college essay on why euthanasia should be more widely legalized and came across her case. It may be more widely known here but reading about the protests involved sounded too crazy to be true. Attempting to rob a gun store in order to "save" terry, in person death threats to murder the judges family if he allowed her to die. Having the family therapist attempting to break into the hospital to give her water and being tased in the process. Even George bush got involved at one point and ordered the tube put back in prolonging her coma. It's crazy just how adverse these people are to having control of death.

• Wow
Reactions: LivideLamb, GenesAndEnvironment, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, and I remember how crazy it was even though I was a kid. My parents sided with her family. I still am not sure if the husband had her best wishes at heart - he sounded like an asshole - but the family was nuts for wanting to keep her alive. Nobody in their right mind would want to be alive in the state she was in.

Reactions: LivideLamb, sadbadpsychogirl, GenesAndEnvironment and 5 others
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Yes, and I remember how crazy it was even though I was a kid. My parents sided with her family. I still am not sure if the husband had her best wishes at heart - he sounded like an asshole - but the family was nuts for wanting to keep her alive. Nobody in their right mind would want to be alive in the state she was in.
I agree, lots of speculation that he wanted her money once she was dead, but it's interesting to see the response such an act causes with people. I also agree that being in her position would be a living hell. It could also be chalked up to the potential of being famous for a minute as opposed to her, but who can say. Except George bush, he definitely wanted the publicity.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivideLamb, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
oh wow that takes me back to high school. i remember i didn't know what the right thing to do was, i still don't. this is whysome methods are out for mr like inert gas hood, drowning, partial, train, jumping

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Panna
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I do remember and believed letting her go was the thing to do, but perhaps a quicker way. Didn't they stop food and maybe even water? Seems cruel, though they said she felt nothing. Who really knows.

Reactions: LivideLamb and Celerity