N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think there are different levels of giving up. One can fully give up and do nothing or hoping for nothing. But I think there are also other levels. Just to give up on certain issues and not on the whole life as such.

I feel ashamed but I don't care much about the household or independence. It is kind of embarrassing but I don't care spending my energy on annoying chores. I concentrate my energy on not getting manic or psychotic again and not to fail college exams. If you are as ill as me this is really not easy. But I should be more independent. I rely a lot on the help of my parents.

If I met a girl who was interested in me and we would have a partnership I would change. Just so that she does not recognize my faults. But having a girlfriend is not really in reach. So I don't really feel like being forced to become more independent. If I cannot get a girlfriend why should I spend my energy on that.

But I have to say I care about hygiene and other things.

I just have the feeling if no wonder happens I will be forever alone. This lets me become apathetic about some issues. But this could change if this certain miracle happened. I have partly given up about finding a gf. I don't spend active time on finding one but I try to get into conversation with different people.

Are there certain things you have given up on?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Ghost, Passersby, houseofleaves and 2 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Just trying to convince myself to ctb now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Passersby, Ringo and Sick of it all
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Living never really interested me in the first place. My existence has always been very empty and I haven't really done much in my life. There hasn't been that much to give up on, but I continue to endure life and do what I feel a need to do until the day in which I will finally be free from it all. I don't like to think as suicide as 'giving up', as suicide could never be wrong, it's a human right and for me it's the best possible thing that could happen. Death is freedom from all problems and suffering.

Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston and Un-
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Studies, become independent again, live without guilt... I don't want to try again, I just don't have the desire or the motivation to get my life back on track after so many things, so far what I do is to keep up appearances, I want to plan my exit calmly and leave when I feel ready. I was never meant to be born anyway, I don't want to continue to be a cause of pain and disappointment.

Reactions: Un- and houseofleaves
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I've given up on mental health professionals aka con artists.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, gh0stt0wn, Shrike94 and 1 other person
IfyouareamanWinston

IfyouareamanWinston

Student
Aug 22, 2022
I have given up on the idea of living with out suffering constantly. I just assume everything is going to be difficult and I won't get a positive result or experience. Even though its depressing it make me feel safer then getting hurt emotionally every time . I am also 'lying flat' and not doing anything extra in life.

Reactions: Un-
R

ratgirl40216

Aug 15, 2022
I think there are different levels of giving up. One can fully give up and do nothing or hoping for nothing. But I think there are also other levels. Just to give up on certain issues and not on the whole life as such.

I feel ashamed but I don't care much about the household or independence. It is kind of embarrassing but I don't care spending my energy on annoying chores. I concentrate my energy on not getting manic or psychotic again and not to fail college exams. If you are as ill as me this is really not easy. But I should be more independent. I rely a lot on the help of my parents.

If I met a girl who was interested in me and we would have a partnership I would change. Just so that she does not recognize my faults. But having a girlfriend is not really in reach. So I don't really feel like being forced to become more independent. If I cannot get a girlfriend why should I spend my energy on that.

But I have to say I care about hygiene and other things.

I just have the feeling if no wonder happens I will be forever alone. This lets me become apathetic about some issues. But this could change if this certain miracle happened. I have partly given up about finding a gf. I don't spend active time on finding one but I try to get into conversation with different people.

Are there certain things you have given up on?
Yes. I am basically just existing from one day to the next. I am dead inside

• Aww..
Reactions: narval, IfyouareamanWinston and Un-
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I gave up completely. I can't lie to myself. The world would still be disgusting even if good events were to happen to me. So regardless, my choice is to be gone. I don't wanna deal with humans anymore.

Reactions: MountainMonkey and redeyepiranha
Inkling

Inkling

Mar 10, 2021
Completely given up, too much of a coward though so I just let things get worse through stagnation hoping that one day they're so bad that I have no other option.

Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Yep. Walked out of my job a month ago and never went back. Ignored the calls. I have more than enough money to make it to my planned date and I'm just taking it easy until then.

P

PrisonBreak

Student
Oct 29, 2021
I have given up to my Illness. I think if I had it cured or treated, I would have persevered longer. Unfortunately, I cannot continue because I suffer from the illness(es).

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
like 99% given up. bpd has this stupid thing about holding on or else i would have completely given up a lot sooner

T

timetosleep

Feb 19, 2019
Yep. Walked out of my job a month ago and never went back. Ignored the calls. I have more than enough money to make it to my planned date and I'm just taking it easy until then.
I admire the courage to do such thing! I wish I can do the same. Instead, I am looking for a job at the moment, and it hasn't been easy.

G

gh0stt0wn

Aug 24, 2022
Ready to drift asap. My life is beyond repair and reputation forever tarnished.. Sad to say but ctb is the light at the end of the tunnel for me. :hihi:

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have given up on happiness and am very close to giving up on love before I ever even tried. Just edging toward a better life than this current bullshit requires a lot of energy.

markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
I have given up on almost everything that ever mattered in my life. I am at that point that even if those health and other practical problems which were the final nail in the coffin for me last year, are somehow magically solved, I would still be unable to live my life and choose ctb.
I just exist because I am unable to ctb due to some reasons atm.