• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
i think this is also an option for me as a loner introvert asocial person, i find most of my problems have come from people. I been thinking if i just isolate myself for the rest of my life i wouldnt have to worry about people, jobs , interactions ,gaining approval of the opposite sex, social anxiety, socail norms , social expectations etc.

Although this itself will be hard to do and i may get bored so id need internet access and it would be difficult as a less hands on person to maintain things . i duno its just a thought i have sometimes.

P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
Absolutely, someone the other day was mentioning just that. That we should start a community so we could go and escape the real world.
yeah lets do it like one of those communities on walking dead, i will chop the wood and kill the zombies and hunt.
Yes, but then I remember that it would be a lot of work and I'm a very lazy person and I need the internet to distract myself with all day.
im the exact same lol

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That's exactly what I did before my failed CTB attempt. I only went out of my apartment to get my food and drinks.
However, my depression got only worse and I felt like dying all the time and I ended up trying to hang myself, failed, lost it all and now I'm a prisoner in my parents house!
(I'll be free next year if things run smoothly)

Anyway, I'm a loner but it seems I missed having fake conversations, going out, and having sex with other people.

P

Pravesh

Student
Oct 19, 2020
That's exactly what I did before my failed CTB attempt. I only went out of my apartment to get my food and drinks.
However, my depression got only worse and I felt like dying all the time and I ended up trying to hang myself, failed, lost it all and now I'm a prisoner in my parents house!
(I'll be free next year if things run smoothly)

Anyway, I'm a loner but it seems I missed having fake conversations, going out, and having sex with other people.
i actually did something similar too for 3 years but i never got depressed or sad, all i did was play online xbox games for many hours a day and speak and have fun and joke on the mic with online friends.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
i actually did something similar too for 3 years but i never got depressed or sad, all i did was play online xbox games for many hours a day and speak and have fun and joke on the mic with online friends.

I did something similar. I spent lots of time playing online games but I gained so many pounds that that started getting me depressed. I felt uglier and uglier and didn't feel like doing anything at all even though I really needed some money for example.
Thus, I ended up becoming a suicidal NEET lol

Mer

Mer

Insert Witty Comment Here
Dec 2, 2020

have you ever thought of just ditching society and living in isolation ?​

This would cost money (which means having some kind of income stream) and if you've got physical and/or mental disabilities, it will always just be a dream. What if you get a tooth infection? Break a leg? Get some form of cancer? What if you're a wheelchair user? Blind? Deaf? etc. You basically gotta be some-what youngish and healthy to be able to do if effectively. And be able to make money online.

Not to mention that living in "isolation" typically means living off the grid. That's not an easy lifestyle at all.

Then there's the issue of becoming a NEET. Even most introverted people still need some human interaction time to time. Humanity is a social species after all. It's extremely unhealthy to live like that.

It's a nice fantasy, but highly impractical for most people.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Definitely. This spring, my workplace was closed due to the pandemic, and I had to work from home. I loved it! As Sartre puts it, hell is other people, and I was delighted that I didn't have to listen to my colleagues' chatter and could choose whom to meet face to face. It was a kind of lovely semi-seclusion that I wouldn't mind living in all the time.

N

neverever

Dec 10, 2020
I have many times considered moving to an isolated place in the mountains. I could still work, because I perform my work remotely. This idea seemed more appealing when I had a life partner. Now I worry that I'd be lonely.

M

Mercury6737

Sep 21, 2018
I'm assuming you mean living alone in the woods somewhere. If so, yes, I think about it a lot. It sounds good in theory, but it would require a lot, like you said, especially diligence. I think boredom would not be as big of a concern as securing the basic essentials would be. Part of the benefit of living in a society is the fact that all you need is enough money to secure the necessities.

As far as boredom, in my opinion, the following from Ted Kaczynski sums it up perfectly: "Finally, one learns that boredom is a disease of civilization. It seems to me that what boredom mostly is is that people have to keep themselves entertained or occupied, because if they aren't, then certain anxieties, frustrations, discontents, and so forth, start coming to the surface, and it makes them uncomfortable. Boredom is almost nonexistent once you've become adapted to life in the woods."

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I spend most of my time consuming media like video games and books, and I don't wish to give that up, so I would still be forced to recall humanity's ills even if it is just in a fictional setting.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Personally no, because even though I do spend most of my time alone (due to being socially anxious), I like (some) people (most of the time) and enjoy being in good company. Also I would stand no chance trying to forge an existence by myself.

Reactions: death137
NegativeSymptoms

NegativeSymptoms

trying to recover
Sep 4, 2019
I am already isolated from society in my parent's house for the last 5 years due to depression, cognitive impairment and schizophrenia. I am constantly suicidal and feel trapped because it's so hard to acquire materials (rope or SN) for CTB without my parents noticing.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
This is literally how I live for about a year since I graduated from school. Well almost but apart from internet and my father I don't contact with anybody. However even though I'm very introverted sometimes I can't stand loneliness.

Reactions: death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I did thought about it but since I'm very scared to sleep alone I stopped considering it.

Reactions: Sensei