bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
the title of this sounds odd I'm aware but please let me explain myself. It's common knowledge by now that people who are abused will often become abusers, right? Has anyone else ever wondered if they'd end up like this, abusing someone else just like how you were abused? It's definitely an annoying thought and one I don't like thinking about as I'm sure many also don't like to think about it, I mean I'm sure everyone on this website has a reason they are here cuz' trauma doesn't just come out of nowhere so the thought that the cycle would repeat itself is surely a thought no one likes.

many serial killers were children who had terrible childhoods and were influenced by the violent behavior around them thus' also becoming violent and ending up hurting people. The people around me when I was younger were very violent which lead me to be violent as well as a child often hurting my sister for reasons I still don't know and killing neighborhood pets, now that I am an adult I refuse to do things like entering relationships in fear I'd hurt someone or continue an abusive cycle due to my childhood issues. I don't want to get someone's hopes up for something I know they'll regret.

i am curious about other people's thoughts on this kind of subject
I apologize if my wording is incorrect or odd.

• Aww..
Reactions: akana, 7b48hl and lofticries
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
No I guess I'm lucky that I had some abuse as a child but won't pay it forward, it helps that I don't have kids so there's no chance of it happening

Reactions: wljourney and bubo
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
No. But then again I've never been physically abused. Emotionally abused yes which I'm afraid I might do to others unknowingly. I can't really manage my emotions at all. I'm either an overly sensative mess or an emotionally detached void. No middle ground. That sounds like a nightmare for anyone to deal with. Which is why i avoid close relationships of any kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: bubo
7b48hl

7b48hl

nuke the universe
Aug 2, 2022
Yes, and I have. People and animals. Got into trouble with the police before. It's no secret legalised abortion reduces crime rates. I wish I could do stuff to pro-lifers, it's the group of people I hate the most. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here, as in, my mom wouldn't have had me. Same thing as never coming into existence, but the machine needs new cogs coming, thus the richest have convinced their useful idiots life is sacred, even if it's unconscious, never has been conscious, and incapable of feeling pain, even if it will definitely hurt another person, possibly kill her. All this agony.. They will regret my birth one day

Last edited:
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
the title of this sounds odd I'm aware but please let me explain myself. It's common knowledge by now that people who are abused will often become abusers, right? Has anyone else ever wondered if they'd end up like this, abusing someone else just like how you were abused? It's definitely an annoying thought and one I don't like thinking about as I'm sure many also don't like to think about it, I mean I'm sure everyone on this website has a reason they are here cuz' trauma doesn't just come out of nowhere so the thought that the cycle would repeat itself is surely a thought no one likes.

many serial killers were children who had terrible childhoods and were influenced by the violent behavior around them thus' also becoming violent and ending up hurting people. The people around me when I was younger were very violent which lead me to be violent as well as a child often hurting my sister for reasons I still don't know and killing neighborhood pets, now that I am an adult I refuse to do things like entering relationships in fear I'd hurt someone or continue an abusive cycle due to my childhood issues. I don't want to get someone's hopes up for something I know they'll regret.

i am curious about other people's thoughts on this kind of subject
I apologize if my wording is incorrect or odd.
I have been verbally abusing with many people in my life. That is why I am without friends and possibly why one person left me. The only person that tolerated this verbal abuse so far was my wife. It seems that after each case she managed to forgive me for some reason. Now it is almost two years that I do not have incidents but I think it is mostly because I do not care anymore about anything, so even the little things that made me snap in the past have no effect on me anymore.

I have however in mind the idea of physically abusing a person that I loved deeply and that I think used me for her own purposes. I play the event in my mind and all the things I would do to her if I could.

PressEnterToExit

PressEnterToExit

How soon is now?
Oct 19, 2020
''When you spend too much time looking to the abysm the abyms looks into you'' Nietzsche. I'm not a psychologist I dunno how childhood traumas of this kind can affect in your adulthood, but what I know is one thing: when you expose yourself to a rude atmosphere constantly, pain becomes agony and agony makes you become satan itself. When I spend too much time under pressure (my neighbours, noises, family, work and all their negative vibes), I start to think about the worst and doing horrible things.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
If they're not careful people will become what they hate

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
simply answering the title question cuz id rather not go into details although ive never physically hurt anyone outside of my bpd flare ups

yes

• Informative
Reactions: outatime_85 and bubo
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
This sounds to me like something called "Impulse Phobias". If that's what you mean, I admit I've had it.

gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
sometimes i want to slap a misbehaving child but not too hArd

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
I want to abuse the doctors who misdiagnosed my spinal disease

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
The whole "people who were abused often become abusers thing" is not really "most people who were abused become abusers", it's more of a "most people who are abusers have been abused themselves", which isn't exactly the same. Not all people who have been abused in the past respond to that by also becoming aggressive, it varies. It does, however, makes it harder for the person to build healthy relationships until they work through their negative experience. But there is no reason to be too afraid of being an abuser just because you were a victim - one doesn't automatically mean the other.
As for me, I am not too worried about abusing others the way I was abused. I do not plan on having children or even having someone else's children in my care and/or custody because I don't think I can ever be a decent parental figure, so I will not even have an opportunity to abuse children in my care the way I was abused. I have zero inclination to abuse anyone sexually because I am very reserved and lately I don't even have a sex drive, so even all moral implications aside I have no motivation for that. So yeah, very unlikely.

• Hugs
Reactions: bubo and lofticries