thalasabin

thalasabin

Hide in the love
Nov 29, 2023
I hurt my best friend and I regret it. I miss him.

• Hugs
Reactions: logi3535, struggles_inc, sadwriter and 2 others
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
Yeah what I did to her still fucks me up and I regret it but can't change anything now

• Hugs
Reactions: logi3535
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
hurt my dad when i said i couldn't trust him enough to tell him how im feeling, seeing the pain on his face made me instantly regret it.

im sorry about your friend, Ive definitely been there :/

• Hugs
Reactions: logi3535
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Probably truth be told. I like to emotionally hurt people who i deem quite rigid in old fashioned or pathetic beliefs through constant sly sarcastic insults followed promptly by dismissal/indifference whenever they begin to explain things about said beliefs or whatever.

I also like to play two people against eachother, doesn't happen much except usually in my random jobs i procure yearly.

My dad is a simpleton, i throw a hail of sly insults yet him being so unaware of anything probably doesn't even see it.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, out of rashness. I have spoken very harsh words before that I did not anticipate would be so hurtful. Sometimes, I just get on a roll and don't think through what I am saying. I also suspect that I have hurt a lot of people by being avoidant. Many friends have reached out over the years to invite me to things, and I was too caught up in my own misery to accept. I am so glad an old acquaintance took another chance on me. I have been in their shoes many a time, and it quickly gets exhausting to be rejected again and again through no fault of your own.

• Hugs
Reactions: ctvunny
sadwriter

sadwriter

Hanging in there
Aug 29, 2023
Yep, usually out of carelessness & without realizing it until after the fact...

MyLuckyStars

MyLuckyStars

Funeral Crasher
Dec 13, 2023
for sure, i think most people have at some point. mostly my parents, probably
hurt my dad when i said i couldn't trust him enough to tell him how im feeling, seeing the pain on his face made me instantly regret it.

im sorry about your friend, Ive definitely been there :/
ive almost said that to my dad, but just didnt say anything. in my case its not as much that i dont trust him, but that i think itd just go over his head. its a different world now than the one he grew up in. he just doesnt get how things are these days. itd be like teaching a caveman to fly an airplane, and then he asks why you dont just club the engine if its not working.

Reactions: kråkevind and struggles_inc
kråkevind

kråkevind

Jun 2, 2023
for sure, i think most people have at some point. mostly my parents, probably

ive almost said that to my dad, but just didnt say anything. in my case its not as much that i dont trust him, but that i think itd just go over his head. its a different world now than the one he grew up in. he just doesnt get how things are these days. itd be like teaching a caveman to fly an airplane, and then he asks why you dont just club the engine if its not working.
Can you explain please? I'm a dad to a young man that's in his early 20s and I would love to understand how it is for him in today's world. I think we've been close throughout his life. His mom and I don't get along, but he's never seen that. Right now I don't have much else for this world, but if I can make his better while I'm here then I'm all for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Aim and Forever Sleep
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Definitely. Some by accident, some on purpose.
Sometimes it even doesn't seem so at the time because it was done out of a place of "love", or sometimes we are just selfish.

MyLuckyStars

MyLuckyStars

Funeral Crasher
Dec 13, 2023
Can you explain please? I'm a dad to a young man that's in his early 20s and I would love to understand how it is for him in today's world. I think we've been close throughout his life. His mom and I don't get along, but he's never seen that. Right now I don't have much else for this world, but if I can make his better while I'm here then I'm all for it.
It's mostly things relating to the world of romance. Gone are the days where you could win hearts with flower bouquets, and get back in good graces by hanging outside someone's house with a boombox and a box of chocolates when things got rough. My Dad advises me to go hang out in a church youth group to meet people, but it's just not that simple. Online dating changed the game so much. People expect sex on the first date, they don't solidify relationship status until long after they begin unofficially seeing each other, and your ability to even get a foot in the door is heavily based on your appearance. Social tact can help, but the unfortunate paradox is that people tend to be a function of their appearance (good looking people reinforced, ugly people shunned) and thus their mannerisms and habits tend to be warped to amplify their positive/negative traits. This stuff jsut wasn't present when my dad was in the game, and he's puzzled why a "handsome young man" like me never has a girl around in my life. I could ask him for advice, but as I said it just wouldn't do much good.
This is just one example mind you, I wouldn't say that's something that weighs as heavily on my mind anymore. It's just a good example for the divide between his and my experience

Reactions: kråkevind
kråkevind

kråkevind

Jun 2, 2023
@MyLuckyStars I see. I've never tried the online dating game. Appearance I believe has always been a thing when it comes to dating. What frightens me is nowadays is you're considered a creep if you walk up to someone and give them a compliment. I've gotten dates by just asking. Its on how you carry yourself. The whole social media thing and trying to navigate that seems like it would be overwhelming. I'm old as I spent my teen years in the early 90's. I am glad to not be a teen/ young adult in today's world where your entire being is online to be judged by everyone. Give your dad a chance. You'll never know if you don't try.