• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
When lucid-dreaming, people may experience sensations that in theory the brain alone shouldn't be able to simulate. Many people claim that they've tasted different kinds of food while dreaming and that the taste is virtually indistinguishable from the real thing, which shouldn't be possible. While I've never personally experienced that (I've only had 2 lucid dreams), I have touched a myriad of different things, including people, while lucid-dreaming, and it blew me away to find out that my brain was able to simulate the sensation of touching real tangible objects that all felt the way they should feel. I also witnessed some supernatural things and I was able to interact with them as well.

I know the brain can create visual and auditory hallucinations, but simulating the individual taste of different foods and the feeling of touching someone is kinda crazy to me; because that should require the influence of an external factor (the object in question), not just control over your senses.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No but it really fascinates me. I do sometimes realise I'm dreaming within the dream. I think that's one of the initial steps but I've never really pursued it. That's interesting about taste and touch. I've never really thought about it before but come to think of it- no, I can't remember ever eating or feeling touch in a dream. I was shot in the head once and remember feeling surprised that 1) it didn't hurt and 2) I was still alive.

I find it incredibly what we can do in dreams. I can speak foreign languages, sing and fly. It would be good to lucid dream- just to avoid the nightmares. Last night was horrible for me. What would you choose to dream about?

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I used to get them all the time when I was kid and teenager. Not anymore in adulhood but few days ago I had one again after long time. Ive been researching the simulation therory a lot and that got into my subconscious and I realised that my dream wasnt real.

Reactions: sserafim
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
I used to lucid dream a lot as a kid and teenager it stopped a little before I become a adult sadly I miss them

Callmeswerve

Callmeswerve

no guns, no swords, no briefcases
Dec 6, 2023
I've attempted to lucid dream, the closet I got to it was I could control my dream, but it was more like enabling cheats in a video game. I still had some limitations. My dreams are kinda weird anyways though because some of them have predicted future events.

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I vivid dream almost every night and I lucid dream sometimes. It started about 5 years ago out of nowhere. I just started having these crazy, otherworldly dreams and could wake up remembering almost everything that happened. The lucid stage sometimes kicks in when it's closer to wake up time. The most weird thing though is that my vivid dreams in a way can predict the future. I know it sounds crazy but I have seen places in my dreams that have very similar characteristics to places I visit in the future.