• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I have!

My particular glitch - a lot of deja vu.

I used to have this a lot as a child and then it stopped until I had the brain injuries.

I recently learned though that this can be indicative of a seizure - which goes hand in hand with my head injuries. It can also be a manifestation of long-term memory recording something in the brain before short term memory "sees" it. Or so I have read.

Don't really have any explanation, but it is very weird when it happens.

:)

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
could you explain this?
It's not as impressive as it sounds.

I once went to turn my PC on and I had a moment, just as I pressed the button, where I was certain it would explode, as if it had already happened. And the power supply blew out the back. I was 100% certain this was going to happen.

Years ago in my little flat I had a power cut. After some time messing around with candles I just went to bed.
3am I woke up in darkness. I had the following thoughts in quick succession : oh shit I left the bathroom light on, if the power comes back on the extractor fan will wake me up. Hold on I'm already awake. The power is gonna come back on now.
Next moment power comes back on and the bathroom extractor moans into life.
Good job it didn't wake me up.
(Reposted from an earlier date)

Don't know if that is what you'd think of as a glitch, or maybe just experiencing a bit of electron-related temporal splashback.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It's not as impressive as it sounds.

I once went to turn my PC on and I had a moment, just as I pressed the button, where I was certain it would explode, as if it had already happened. And the power supply blew out the back. I was 100% certain this was going to happen.

Years ago in my little flat I had a power cut. After some time messing around with candles I just went to bed.
3am I woke up in darkness. I had the following thoughts in quick succession : oh shit I left the bathroom light on, if the power comes back on the extractor fan will wake me up. Hold on I'm already awake. The power is gonna come back on now.
Next moment power comes back on and the bathroom extractor moans into life.
Good job it didn't wake me up.
(Reposted from an earlier date)

Don't know if that is what you'd think of as a glitch, or maybe just experiencing a bit of electron-related temporal splashback.
Probably only a bit of precognitive quantum time-slippage. No need to bring anything mysterious or paranormal into it.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Probably only a bit of precognitive quantum time-slippage. No need to bring anything mysterious or paranormal into it.
I think you are probably right. It did make me open to the concept that time is a bit more fluid that we think it is. Nearest I've come to a 'Matrix' moment though.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It's interesting to be reminded that because of the limited velocity of light signals + sound waves, and the limited velocity of nerve and electro signals in the brain, whatever a person is experiencing as 'now' is always slightly in the past. No one has a definite awareness in the 'present' of what is occurring outside of their consciousness. I actually think that just as there is an electromagnetic field and spacetime fields, there has to be some kind of field of experience which is continuous in the universe, and within which higher levels of biochemical consciousness can operate and are embedded. Consciousness may even be a property of electromagnetism and quantum fields. It probably comes in varying degrees in such a way that there is a minimal experience state without a subject, and doesn't just pop up ex nihilo as an emergent property of a certain level of very localized biochemical complexity after 12 billion years of unconscious nothingness.

At no point was there an absolute transition from non-consciousness to consciousness, just as there was no absolute transition from non-life to life. It's all continuous. It's all energy, and all is experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Indeed. Our definitions of life are arbitrary. Evolution has radiated what we currently see now into niches, but it's all just a point along the continuum of energy state. I suspect the complexity of the interaction between matter and energy has a tendency to increase over time via the fundamental processes that sit behind what we refer to in biological life as 'evolution.' This may potentially occur precisely as a counterpoint to the ever increasing state of entropy, ie. complexity increases due to negative selective pressure caused by entropy.
What creates a perceived form, is the nature of the dynamic equilibrium between matter and energy as mitigated by time, or more accurately, increasing entropy. This occurs at an implicate sub space level that then unfolds into higher dimensions. In the end, even matter is essentially energy and consciousness is the natural result of the counterpoint to universe's tendency towards chaos over time.
Personally, I find the whole concept terrifying.

Reactions: TooConscious