• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Have you ever eaten out of the garbage?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
S

samsays89

Student
Oct 4, 2018
Just wondering. I have, and would do it again. If so, when?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: moshimoshi, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, [NoName] and 1 other person
ChickenAndPotatoes

ChickenAndPotatoes

Veteran Veteran
Nov 8, 2018
Yes, I have when I was homeless for 1 week, and then again for 3 months. Also, a few days ago I was completely out of cash (I have binge eating disorder ---so I MUST have food at all times) so I drove my car to Little Cesar's, and Dollar Tree and looked in their garbage cans, found a bag of chips.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and Empty Reflection
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I'd rather die. I went without food for a month once. And I was never tempted to eat out of the garbage. For me, it would be like drinking a cup of diarrhea or something similar. Like eating a plate full of cockroaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I'm sorry your integrity caused you to starve for a month. You would be surprised what you can find if you know where to look. It's not like I ate rotten apple cores covered in maggots when I was homeless. Restaurants are a great place to find decent food from the garbage. I've gotten pizzas, burgers, pasta, etc all from earlier that day.

Not my integrity. I just find it gross because who knows what is mixed in with the food. Dirty diapers? Maybe someone spits on the food, jerks off on it and shits on it before tossing it into the garbage. The poor and especially the homeless are hated by many people.

Reactions: Final Escape
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
You'd be amazed by what you would find by dumpster diving. So much food is wasted and discarded it's amazing that anyone goes hungry especially in the US.

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, OnlyMercy and 2 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I'm sorry your integrity caused you to starve for a month. You would be surprised what you can find if you know where to look. It's not like I ate rotten apple cores covered in maggots when I was homeless. Restaurants are a great place to find decent food from the garbage. I've gotten pizzas, burgers, pasta, etc all from earlier that day.
One of my first jobs was working in a restaurant cutting vegetables, preparing salads, cleaning up etc. and yes they definitely get rid of quality food before closing because it's no longer usable the next day. A total waste which restaurants choose not to donate so into the trash it goes.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Not possible with my extreme germ phobia.

L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
No, as MsM3talGamer said, I have a phobia of germs and especially when it comes to things like garbage. I'd rather starve then eat out of the garbage.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and MsM3talGamer
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
I'm more appalled 5 people have answered yes and counting. Gross. I would never eat out of the garbage. If I was homeless I'd take my chances jumping or whatever is around

Reactions: MsM3talGamer and Severen
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
no, but I used to consider trying freeganism