N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Today I thought about that. First I want to warn you. Sometimes this is a decision one cannot reverse. In some cases it is irreversible.

Now to my situation. I talked with my best friends about it. Due to the fact I have no partner this rather comes out of nothing. Some years ago I was much into antinatalism. I am not 100% convinced anymore. I am not sure whether all people should stop to procreate. Though I absolutely don't think I should ever procreate. I would feel relieved if I knew my sister did not procreate. I know she wants it but not sure if she realy does it. She is really mentally unstable and more and more I question her sanity. My genes are horrible, I will probably ctb and suicidality has a genetical component, I will never have a stable income etc. Even if we assumed some miracles happened and I got a stable income, my genes would not change. In my family mental illness is very widespread. The last 10 years were a pure nightmare. I could never be happy if I knew mychildren went through the same. Moreover I think my education was horrible. I don't know how to raise a child properly so I would be scared to make it even worse than my parents. Which is in some way difficult because they traumatized both of their kids but damn I am unstable as fuck. I cannot cope with the pressure ,merely being alive. I would rather want them to grow up in a stable household. Though they had horrible genes.

So why don't I seriously consider a vasectomy/ sterilisation for men. I think there are different reasons.
Not sure whether I will still exist next year. I am scared soon my life will force me to ctb. So there won't be much time left for sexual intercourse where a vasectomy was beneficial.

Anothe big reason. My family would go insane. Especially my dad. I think once he was obsessed that I will procreate to make him and his family proud. Though since I am a mental wreck one time he said the last thing we need is you gettting some children. He is probably right about that. Still I think he would go nuts. Just like when I considered contacting an assisted suicide organization. He threatened to stop financial support for me. I know he is a real jerk. He blackmails me in some sense.

I made a short research and found out it costs between 300-400 euros for men in my country. I don't have much money though on the other side no comparison to the costs raising children. So it migh be a good investment.

Sometimes it is irreversible. Honestly this is barely an argument for me. I am 99% committed never to procreate. My life is a living nightmare even if everything became better I have been through hell. I don't want that any sentient being has to go through something like that.

I will probably never have a partner. Though I have read from some people here the idea to pay for sex before committing suicide. First I thought I would never do that. Though maybe it could comfort me before having to kill myself. I am not sure. There are plenty pro and con-arguments. It is complicated probably will never do it but it is an interesting idea. I will ruminate about it in the future.

Then there is another argument against it. Maybe it is a little bit dishonest. But if I found a partner which is quite unlikely I felt pressured to tell her about the vasectomy. This could lower the likelihood to get a partner. When I simply say I don't want children and cannot imagine it there is at least the possibility to get some. Now to cover some insane theories with the likelihood of 0,00000000000001%. What if she was very rich and had prett good genes? And the one thing that would tear us apart was my inability to get children. It is a very unlikely scenario I know. After all I want to say I don't want to further decrease the likelihood to get a partner which potentially could happern with a vasectomy.

What are your thoughts on that? I know many here are in favor of antinatalism but such a decision should be thought through.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Suicidе, ever so lonely and whatevs
ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
Was forced to go through it with GRS. Didn't save genetic material before the operation.

One of the very few things I actually appreciate from having surgery. Being completely sterile and knowing this shit ends with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: ever so lonely, whatevs and Un-
Cerulea

Cerulea

Student
Sep 19, 2022
I don't just think about sterilization (as it pertains to me), I fully believe in it.

I have no natural desire to procreate, and I have serious social qualms with how we treat the task of raising other humans. All of those judgements aside, I come from a long line of unsavory people who never should have been given access to creating and damaging more people. This cycle absolutely stops with me. It's one way in which I work on my generational trauma. No more of this, y'all have gone far enough.

I don't believe we should make people who don't provide consent to inherit all of our traits and circumstances. The whole thing, up to and including my own birth, really makes me actively angry. I know I'm fully unequipped to raise a child and teach it how to be a decent human being. So I don't even entertain that idea. I stopped considering sterilization recently when my plans around my exit solidified. No point in having a procedure when I don't plan to be here.

Reactions: Unending, EndlessX, ever so lonely and 2 others
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I am already sterile.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, EndlessX and ever so lonely
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes, but then I realized it's redundant with my celibacy. I don't like making permanent changes to my life unless I have to, which is perhaps ironic considering my eventual plan to CTB, another irreversible decision.

Reactions: Homo erectus, ever so lonely and whatevs
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
It's no longer relevant to me as I'm long past menopause and actually was made infertile by surgery to remove cysts at age 37. But it is a source of huge regret to me that I wasn't sterilised long before that. Imagine giving birth after rape and psychosis then being pressured to cope as a single mother with severe mental illness and little to no support. You probably can't. It is a taboo that dare not speak its name because as the mother I will always be judged by someone even if a victim myself.

That said of course doctors probably wouldn't have agreed to sterilise a young healthy woman anyway at least back then. Honestly I don't even know what hoops you have to jump through nowadays, I know it's possible though.

Through my 20's and 30's I was mainly lurching from one crisis to another. Antinatalism was unheard of. I'm glad there is more awareness now and that this can even be considered an option.

Reactions: Homo erectus, ever so lonely and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I have never thought about it, but it is also true that I have not had sex, for no particular reason, I just don't enjoy contact with people.
In my case it makes no sense to think about it. At the age I am, it is quite unlikely that even by accident I would have a child.

//

No hi he pensat mai, però també és cert que no he tingut relacions sexuals, per cap motiu en especial, simplement no gaudeixo del contacte amb la gent.
En el meu cas no te cap sentit plantejar-m'ho. A l'edat que tinc es força improvable que ni per accident es doni la circumstància de tenir un fill.

Reactions: Homo erectus and whatevs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Does it even matter if you aren't with anybody?

Reactions: unplug, Homo erectus and whatevs
S

Suicidе

Life is unacceptable
Sep 11, 2022
Should be a must for all living things when reproduction always has the possibility create extreme suffering, other than that, don't see the point in creating something that preys on other living things (As all life is dependent on eachother) to satisfy own desire to "feel comfortable", or in a subjectively optimal state to exist in over another's comfort.
An example is the billions of animals slaughtered for human benefit, Animals used for medical experiments or being the direct supply for medicine, food, bred for money, clothes, and animals having to kill each other to satisfy hunger as programmed by stupid DNA.
Make problems just to solve those problems and keep making excuses to keep making problems. Shitty circle of life
Already sterilized.

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, Skathon, ever so lonely and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Sterilization is only for the lesser races, the cripples and the people that think the last episode of House of Dragons made sense.

Glorious genetic donors like me should be sending vials of semen all over the world, on top of getting carnal offers from all fertile females of the surroundings. The fact this isn't happening shows how far has Humanity fallen.

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: tetra, Homo erectus, Nolan96 and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Then there is another argument against it. Maybe it is a little bit dishonest. But if I found a partner which is quite unlikely I felt pressured to tell her about the vasectomy. This could lower the likelihood to get a partner. When I simply say I don't want children and cannot imagine it there is at least the possibility to get some. Now to cover some insane theories with the likelihood of 0,00000000000001%. What if she was very rich and had prett good genes?
Would you be willing to father her babies if that was the case? Is money the only factor that makes you not want children?
In that case, I'm not sure you should get vasectomy.

Reactions: Celerity and ever so lonely
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I had asked about it a few years ago, but GPs are reluctant to accept a young woman for sterilisation, you'd have to be 30+ and already have a kid otherwise you get turned away.

Last edited:
Reactions: ever so lonely
ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
i have kids already, i wished i could go back in time, unfortunately they share my shit dna, if i know now what i knew then maybe i wouldnt have opted for fatherhood as much as i love them and there doing well, there already struggling at uni and struggling to keep up, this life is pure suffering and torture and torment for people, buddha was correct life is suffering, sorry nemo about yesterday and being a prick, i apologise, i didnt mean what was said, i am sorry, hope your ok, i have asked for sterilisation tho they reluctant here in the uk 🥺 esp if your of a certain age and able bodied, i dont know why ?, it is like society wants us churning out kids, to boost the economy, less people equates to less taxes

Reactions: freedompass
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Happily sterilized, though haven't had the fortune of taking advantage of it yet. I would rather take matters into my own hands rather than relying on less reliable contraception or worrying about what measures someone else is taking. The nurse asked me why I wanted to get a vasectomy "so young" and I just said I'm not interested in having kids (is there any other reason?). As I was about to have my balls sliced open, I was not in the mood for an in-depth debate about the merits of procreation.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
6uql7h.jpg

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sluggish_Slump, whatevs and Celerity
J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
I've heard bad things about vasectomy, quite a large number of men suffer from pain and/or loss of libido afterwards. If it were completely safe i would do it.

Reactions: Homo erectus and HadItAll
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Nah. Life's hard enough without messing with my junk. For all the things wrong with me that area still works and I want to keep it that way.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Hell dude I'm gay, so I don't see the need. But if there is a kid in the planet that has MY DNA, it would be the biggest miracle birth since Mary and her immaculate conception. Forget me calling the journal of medicine, I'd be calling the Vatican and Ripley's believe it or not! 😂😈

Reactions: Homo erectus and GrumpyFrog
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Would you be willing to father her babies if that was the case? Is money the only factor that makes you not want children?
In that case, I'm not sure you should get vasectomy.
No I have thousands of reasons why I don't want children. And I am very convinced on it. But thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify.

Last edited:
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
No I have thousands of reasons why I don't want children. And I am very convinced on it. But thanks for the clarification.
Well, then I'm not really sure why you'll having second thoughts. If even if the most perfect partner in the world appears in your life you would still be against having children with her, and that is a deal-breaker for this hypothetical partner - then your physical ability to procreate or a lack thereof will not matter. And if she's fine with never having children with you - why would she turn you down because of the vasectomy?
I know there might be other factors that influence this decision, but the whole thing with limiting your options is rather straightforward in my opinion. Maybe, I'm missing something?

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Well, then I'm not really sure why you'll having second thoughts. If even if the most perfect partner in the world appears in your life you would still be against having children with her, and that is a deal-breaker for this hypothetical partner - then your physical ability to procreate or a lack thereof will not matter. And if she's fine with never having children with you - why would she turn you down because of the vasectomy?
I know there might be other factors that influence this decision, but the whole thing with limiting your options is rather straightforward in my opinion. Maybe, I'm missing something?
I know this sounds like a fraud. But in case I was able to get children the woman had at least the notion she could sway me. This whole thing is either way way too hypothetical and thinking more about it is rather a waste of time. I know this argument is not that ethically right but it is only a thought experiment at this point.

I think I would always openly say I am very determined I don't want kids.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I know this sounds like a fraud. But in case I was able to get children the woman had at least the notion she could sway me. This whole thing is either way way too hypothetical and thinking more about it is rather a waste of time. I know this argument is not that ethically right but it is only a thought experiment at this point.

I think I would always openly say I am very determined I don't want kids.
I see what you mean. That thought experiment is a little sad though, because there's no way it can end with any sort of a happy ending.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I see what you mean. That thought experiment is a little sad though, because there's no way it can end with any sort of a happy ending.
It can. In case I had a girlfriend and she was fine with not having kids. The last crush I had was into antinatalism. I wish I could meet her again. I was in a pretty bad condition when I met her. I could make her laugh etc. but we both were very unstable to that time. Anyway I cannot change it.

I could imagine I have in some months way bigger problems than this anyway. I have the feeling very dark times are ahead of me. These naive dreams rather help to cope with the anxiety. The notion in theory a miracle was possible.

• Aww..
Reactions: freedompass
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
It can. In case I had a girlfriend and she was fine with not having kids. The last crush I had was into antinatalism. I wish I could meet her again. I was in a pretty bad condition when I met her. I could make her laugh etc. but we both were very unstable to that time. Anyway I cannot change it.

I could imagine I have in some months way bigger problems than this anyway. I have the feeling very dark times are ahead of me. These naive dreams rather help to cope with the anxiety. The notion in theory a miracle was possible.
I'm sorry things didn't work out with that girl. It is understandable why it happened, but still sad it ended like that.
I don't think that meeting someone like that would be an unrealistic dream, or that vasectomy and/or lack of desire to have kids will always get in the way. But I do understand that there might be bigger issues that get in a way of that happy picture.
I hope things in your life do not turn out as dark as you anticipate.

• Love
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I'm sorry things didn't work out with that girl. It is understandable why it happened, but still sad it ended like that.
I don't think that meeting someone like that would be an unrealistic dream, or that vasectomy and/or lack of desire to have kids will always get in the way. But I do understand that there might be bigger issues that get in a way of that happy picture.
I hope things in your life do not turn out as dark as you anticipate.
I hope the same for you @Nessie And I really mean it.
Your personal situation is probably also quite burdensome and nightmarish

Sending a lot of virtual hugs and love! Thanks for your kind replies.

Last edited:
  • Love
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
yes i got myself spayed as soon as possible (27y/o) and never regretted it (42y now). i didn't want to inflict pain, failure, any of my bullshit on a kid. besides, its not like we're exactly short of humans so had i miraculously gotten to a point where i deemed myself fit to parent, i would get a kid i can actually talk to and build forts with n stuff, and not have to change diapers.

• Love
Reactions: QiTianDaSheng and EndlessX
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
I'm so terrified of sex because I simply cannot risk passing my diseases on. Not to mention I would be a chronically ill dad who only gets worse and probably would ctb soon despite having children. I very rarely have sex because of this.

Vasectomy seems to not be as safe as the media portrays it to be. After I get a few ctb methods ready, I'll get vasectomy to get rid of the newfound fear of sex. If I get terrible side effects I'll just ctb.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I already got sterilized, kinda like a cat. It's a secondary thing since my main reason for getting surgery was to stop testosterone production.

Q

QiTianDaSheng

Apr 6, 2023
yes i got myself spayed as soon as possible (27y/o) and never regretted it (42y now). i didn't want to inflict pain, failure, any of my bullshit on a kid. besides, its not like we're exactly short of humans so had i miraculously gotten to a point where i deemed myself fit to parent, i would get a kid i can actually talk to and build forts with n stuff, and not have to change diapers.

Twinsies.

My last relationship broke down at 27 (Im 36 now, forever aloooone) largely because she knew I didn't want kids but kept sort of rolling her eyes and expecting me to change my mind. And forgetting her pill.

I could have easily been trapped in an ugly situation there.

I then pursued a vasectomy in multiple countries. Expensive condescending nightmare wherever you go, but the thought of spawning attached to sex ruined it for me. I finally got one a couple of years ago, and it takes a lot of stress out of sex.

No, they don't make it easy to get if you're childless. Yes, I am pretty antinatal. Another big reason is morally I don't believe you are allowed to ctb after you become a parent, and I've always been twitchy.

Re: women, quite a few take it as a big positive. If theyre over 30 anyway. It also underlines the fact I don't want kids right away, so I don't end up with another tug-of-war that can only end in resentment.

But, like you say, adoption is still an option in theory. But I can't get drunk and accidentally sign papers.