• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
Has anyone ever argued online or offline with someone who is against ctb? Did you manage to change their opinion?

I know this guy online who "tried to help me." I didn't tell him much, but I overshared about some problems in my life to prove that I can't change. He didn't help me in the least bit, but he still thinks he did something valuable to change my life. I didn't express my ctb plans to him, but he shares his opinions on social media and he thinks things like "no matter what you should never lose hope," "you can find meaning and purpose even in pain," "you aren't broken, you're just stuck in ways that don't serve you" etc.

I know it would be selfish to shatter his illusion, so i probably won't reach out to him anymore, but that got me wondering if anyone successfully changed a pro-lifers mindset, at least in a small way?

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I don't bother arguing with pro lifers. I know that it's a losing battle from the start as they are just so indoctrinated to see anything else aside from their rose tinted view of the world. All arguing with them would do for me is cause me further headaches. I just don't see any point to it personally

Upvote 0
iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
No, I don't bother arguing with pro lifers. I know that it's a losing battle from the start as they are just so indoctrinated to see anything else aside from their rose tinted view of the world. All arguing with them would do for me is cause me further headaches. I just don't see any point to it personally
Yeah, you're right

Reactions: iloverachel
Upvote 0
permanently tired

permanently tired

Eternally napping
Nov 8, 2023
They're so short sighted fr, someone called me edgy and another said suicide is not okay. We get it, you love living. No wonder progress is so fucking slow

• Love
Reactions: iloveduster
Upvote 0
iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
They're so short sighted fr, someone called me edgy and another said suicide is not okay. We get it, you love living. No wonder progress is so fucking slow
Exactly. Like, is it that hard to understand someone else's point of view? I just want to have a discussion with a pro-lifer who could give me actual reasons why suicide is that bad. They complain about people who are in emotional or physical pain, call them inconveniences and then try to control a decision that is supposed to be personal

Upvote 0
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
No, I don't want to :).

I don't like wasting time on internet arguments.
In most cases, one side will not convince the other.
Whether it's politics, economics, sports, ethical issues, or CTB.

We humans don't like to be wrong. We don't like it when someone points out our mistakes.
Even when someone presents sensible arguments, we still push them away.
We love being right and we cannot imagine that we are wrong.

Of course, I am liberal on the CTB issue, but I am too lazy to argue my views to the other side.

I know that my approach is harmful because I don't want to fight to change the situation.

Upvote 0
iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
No, I don't want to :).

I don't like wasting time on internet arguments.
In most cases, one side will not convince the other.
Whether it's politics, economics, sports, ethical issues, or CTB.

We humans don't like to be wrong. We don't like it when someone points out our mistakes.
Even when someone presents sensible arguments, we still push them away.
We love being right and we cannot imagine that we are wrong.

Of course, I am liberal on the CTB issue, but I am too lazy to argue my views to the other side.

I know that my approach is harmful because I don't want to fight to change the situation.
Thank you for your answer. Yeah, I agree that we don't like to be wrong and I don't like to argue my points that much either unless it's anonymous and I feel very strongly about it

Upvote 0