N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe you have experienced a stroke yourself or a loved one of yours. My mom recently had one. I am very anxious it repeats. I worry too much even to the point it affects my mental health very badly. I have to find the right balance. If I relapse I am no big help for her.
I think she rests not enough. She goes way beyond her limit. Another stroke could ruin the life of this whole family. The damage was not that bad with the first stroke. But if she continues to live like that another collapse is very likely.

She is very stubborn. I try to educate her with tips and tricks I read online. I want to warn her. But she does not listen. Sometimes I have the feeling she even wants to demonstrate that she is doing okay with her actions.

This family is so ruined. We are already financially fucked. If she is a nursing case we are fully done. I consider to kill myself then. On other hand it might kill her. If she does not survive a new stroke I gonna probably ctb. I am not made for this world I am a wreck who does not fuction at all in this cruel world.

I try not to worry too much. I probably cannot change it anway. My life and the life of this family seems to crash in slowmotion. Though I seem to be the only one who sees/anticipates it. Honestly I should not think too much about it. It really can make me very ill. And the least thing I need now is a new mania/psychosis/breakdown. This would mean very likely game over for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: ksp, katagiri83, Dead Meat and 2 others
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
i'm sorry for what you're going through

not long ago i had a stroke, while i slept; in the morning i felt normal, but at one point i realized that i couldn't speak, at all. i was trying to answer a phone call and i wasn't able to, than i realized that i can understand almost everything, but just couldn't speak, read, or write. in a few months i started to improve, but very slowly. now i realize i need at least one more year to function

i don't really have any advice for you, or your mom, but i know what caused it (probably you do too)
for me, the first step was to take 1 aspirin a day: the main problem is not the brain damage (it will repair itself in time), nor the heart, but the blood clots (for me, at least). i think that physical and mental efforts will not contribute too much - i'm constantly making an effort, and trying to exercise my communication ability, so i don't think that you should worry too much about it, unless she's constantly under too much stress

try not to overwhelm your her:
She is very stubborn. I try to educate her with tips and tricks I read online. I want to warn her
your stress will become her stress; encourage her to exercise, but not overdo it too much
if you stay calm you'll be helping her, and yourself

hope this helps a bit, and i hope your mom will overcome these problems