• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
ForestDuck

ForestDuck

Jul 11, 2018
I was on antidepressants for a while, left me bed bound and didn't want to do anything, I then started to smoke weed and it helped because with me, I can't think when smoking it. So you can say weed helped me through. I still want to die everyday but not when I'm intoxicated.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Probsbly a dumb question given the nature of this site, but have meds/therapy worked for anyone substantially?

What exactly are you looking to get out of it? Do you want to change your perception? Do you want to build a life worth living by your standards? Etc I would say if you would prefer to live over death, go try that route. If you would prefer to die than don't go that route.

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras and Smilla
Laggy

Laggy

Jul 20, 2018
I mean, I know people in real life who have substantially benefitted from meds and therapy, but they wouldn't be on here because they're not suicidal anymore.

Personally, I've been trying therapy and all sorts of different meds for over a year without any significant benefit. I keep hoping I'll find the right combination of meds or something and I won't want to commit suicide anymore, but it doesn't look like that's going to work out for me.

Reactions: lv-gras and MAIO
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
It's helped, but it hasn't helped enough. It's more that I can function somewhat well now.

Reactions: lv-gras
IRIYAMA

IRIYAMA

Student
Apr 10, 2018
Probsbly a dumb question given the nature of this site, but have meds/therapy worked for anyone substantially?

Medication has limited success depending on how bad I'm flaring up on a given day. tried some alternative therapy and treatments, diet changes etc and none of it worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smilla
D

dog3000

Jul 8, 2018
First i was on antidepressants but they only maked me worse. Then I was on Zyprexa 10mg 4 months. It seemed to partially work at the begining but it maked me zombie. So i tried to quit it and it was so bad i became suicidal. Total insomnia, horrendous headaches, feeling like something is leaking inside my brain, tinnitus. Its a little better now but still Life is just a torment.

Reactions: lv-gras and Smilla
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Was never really on "meds" unless you count brief stints with an ssri and currently some benzos.

Therapy? LOL. That was a riot and cost a pretty penny. Harmful to me (he said I could be his little girl, for starters). I could write a volume about how horrifying this experience was, and how the effects lingered but I have neither the time nor the energy.

Subsequent therapist was kind but useless.

I'm not a believer in mental health treatment unless it's outside of the box (shamans, lsd, and the like).

But your mileage may vary. Be aware if you are going to go the therapy route, especially psychodynamic or psychoanalytic oriented. The power imbalance can wreck some serious havoc.

I would tread cautiously with therapists (of any stripe/ training), and make sure they have had their own lengthy therapy and also consult with other therapists. Be wary of solo practitioners who act like gurus or claim to have all the answers/make you feel judged or shamed early on.

Good luck and follow your gut

Last edited:
Rocky M

Rocky M

I'm A Monster
Jun 20, 2018
Therapy was overall useless. Don't get me wrong, my therapist was actually pretty nice, but I only ended up not trusting them as often since I'd been seeing them for almost 7 years, and we knew each other fairly well by then.

Never been on medication because my family believes there is nothing wrong with me because of the therapy incident. They thought I left because I was fine. Boy, will I ever prove them wrong!

A

Anitus

Jul 31, 2018
I have been taking sertraline which kinda helped me, but my problem solving alcohol addiction stayed... and now I am having probe bc of that, but at least generally I am a happy drinker :)
I am in UK, so if you don't have sertranile, ask foe a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor

Last edited:
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Meds and therapy, to a certain extent, helped me initially. I was more outgoing, less anxious, which meant more socializing and in turn, feeling less cut off from myself and the rest of the world.

This didn't last longer than two years.

Now, I only take the stims to get me out of bed (That's all they do, and barely) and something to help me sleep if I'm too wired.

Reactions: IRIYAMA
lastsummer

lastsummer

Jul 28, 2018
For me, medicine helps a lot. Help my sleeping and help reduce my anger, like I don't moody during the day.

Reactions: skitliv
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Many, many years ago (1997) Prozac (fluoxetine) worked wonders for me for almost a year. I could not get over the fact that this was what it was like for everyone else - to be normal! To have bad stuff happen and not let it get to me! It was amazing and I had the best year of my life.

Unfortunately, it stopped working. I tried a higher dose years later and it made me feel like I was cut off from everyone. I've tried other AD over the years but they never worked. The only thing that has always worked is alcohol, and that has its own serious long term consequences.

maktubler

maktubler

May 22, 2018
Ive been on Lithium a few weeks now and it has been pretty good for my motivation and manic depressive cycles. I'm working out again and in general feeling very motivated about life.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Ive been on Lithium a few weeks now and it has been pretty good for my motivation and manic depressive cycles. I'm working out again and in general feeling very motivated about life.

Sounds amazing!:) Happy to hear this.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Still fundamentally suicidal though...I am thinking now that its by choice.

Totally feel you on that, I took meds for a while (nothing synthetic though) and it did nothing for my suicidalness. It did make me feel better and pushed the suicidal ideation towards the back of my mind a bit but in general I think most of us here are still pretty rational, just really depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.