アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Hello, welcome to the bus stop. I hope we can accompany you in whatever you choose to do as of now. :)

As of now, I don't think meds ever helped me. I have taken benzos (Klonopin) for a short while and I lied to the doctor that I was doing better so I was taken off of the meds. All the meds did was ruin me. I currently take an anti anxiety medication (prozac) and all it does is make my head hurt. I don't think meds will ever help me.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I was on abilify and deprakote and it seemed like they were helping...

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
So far, no. Benzos worked well for the first couple weeks i was on them but eventually they stopped helping me sleep, worsened my depression considerably, and have made me lose half of my hair. I've tried probably 15 different meds in 2023 as well as ketamine therapy and TMS. Nothing made a dent and some made me worse.

E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
Meds + therapy were the key for me, specifically for OCD, life-long social anxiety disorder and depression. They indeed work, for me it was a night and day difference (hence why my last post was so long ago lol)

However environment, personal willpower, compliance with treatment, biology, etc all have an impact in how well meds might work

I think if I started meds before I went through intense therapy, it wouldn't have worked since I wouldn't have had the necessary self-awareness to make proper use of the calm that meds gave me. plus environment plays a role. I started treatment away from home during college. It helped a lot since I wasn't getting stressed from family problems, didn't work a retail job anymore, and was able to go outside and try new things and do exposure techniques.

there are tests you can do to see which meds will react best with your body, I was told by a friend that some meds are only going to give side effects while others are more likely to be effective. Plus you just need to be active and self-aware during treatment. If you go on meds and don't do the other changes it'll mostly make you feel numb. Same if you have negative influences around you or are in a difficult situation.

edit: also for women it may help to get blood tests, I noticed extreme changes in mood before/after going on/off birth control. I have higher androgen levels by default so adding a birth control with your meds could make you feel better or even worse.

Spongebobfan23

Spongebobfan23

Helplesshappiness
Jul 17, 2023
I suffer from Depression and Ocd
I've been on 50mg of Sertraline for about two years, which is such a bs dose since it's basically only a placebo in a dosage like this, didn't feel anything from it.
Now i take Citalopram (no idea what it's brand name is in English sry) started with 20mg in January went up to 40mg then 60mg now. Been on 60 for two to three months now and I don't feel a thing except not being able to sleep with people anymore.

40mg is the highest dosage for depression, only for ocd you're allowed to dose up and even that doesn't work for me. It's so weird, I've had people tell me it saved their lifes and I'm happy for them but it can also not work at all.

Btw side effects of citalopram are nonexistent but Sertraline?? GOD i felt like i am on mdma, my jaw clenched for two weeks, i had migraines, nausea, shakiness, heart racing and so on, it was awful!!!

I wanna note that i did have therapy with Sertraline but not with Citalopram, so that might also not help.

I'd definitely try more pills if needed tho. Not yet giving up completely

Wish you the best of luck with your medications mate