• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I apologize if this has been asked/ answered before. I am new here, but I have done lots of research as well as lots of scrolling through this site. I intended to use nitrogen as my method. I have bought the regulator, tubing, and tomorrow I am getting the nitrogen. I really don't like the idea of having a bag around my head (I'll chalk it up to my mild claustrophobia) so I was really leaning towards a mask. If anyone has seen Jerry Hunt's website, he uses a plain old dust mask with a shellac sprayed inside to "block outside air from coming in", in his words. I've used those masks before while working and while they do fit well, they are not complexity air tight. He cuts a hole in this mask, slips a tube inside, and attaches it to a cylinder of helium. That's it. And he was successful. I see many people using scuba masks/ cpap masks, and while those are obviously pretty reliable and predictable, even those feel a bit too bulky and constricting for me. Anyway, I was really just wondering if a simple non rebreather mask (one you would buy on an Amazon) could work. I have one that I ordered and forms a good tight seal on my face. There is a tiny but of open space where it sits on my chin (I have a relatively small head so that's understandable) but it's not enough for me to fit a finger or even a pencil. I know that for the exit bag method it's important to leave a little space so that carbon dioxide can escape. Obviously that means that the bag is not creating a complexity airtight seal. Here's my confusion: If an exit bag is the "ideal" set up for the inert gas method, and it is not completely air tight by design, then what difference would it make if a mask was not completely air tight. I'm sorry for the long drawn out way of phrasing this question. I was trying to make it as clear as possible so that no one would misinterpret what I am asking, but I hoesnlty seem to have made a mess of the whole thing. If anyone has any answers I would greatly appreciate it. I am terrified of a failed attempt.

socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
What kind of regulator did you get?

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
CO2/Argon Flow Gauge Regulator
It is a CGA 580 fitting so it will work with a nitrogen cylinder, I already checked