FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Positive attitudes and beliefs towards the cruel reality of this existence are something that irritates me, is harmful and certainly makes me wish to ctb even more. I view the glorification of something so horrific as life to be such a terrible thing, yet those kind of beliefs are everywhere in this world as we do live in such a pro life society after all, and unfortunately people often try and force them onto others. Of course delusions about the way that life really is are especially seen around this time of year with the emphasis being placed on the fact that existence is valuable and there is so much 'happiness', which is just a delusion in reality and this is completely disregarding all of the endless suffering that continues to exist here. Any of that forced optimism which is toxic completely invalidates what life really is, which is just a meaningless cycle of suffering that exists all for no reason with living beings having the potential to be tortured endlessly and unnecessarily. The fact that the truth about existing is denied is certainly harmful, as if we all saw life for what it really is then suicide would be seen as being a rational choice leading to our right to die finally being accepted and a more compassionate society that acknowledges suffering as being undesirable and detrimental.

The reality is that we only exist just to inevitably suffer, deteriorate and die and there is nothing valuable about this burden that was so unfairly inflicted onto us. And anyway delusional people who push endless amounts of positivity will just end up suffering more anyway as continuing to exist is the ultimate risk with no limit as to how much we can be tortured. It makes sense to wish to leave this all behind and to not want to suffer.

I will always hate anything that is motivational, positive themed or presents life in a way that is beneficial. I will also always hate the invalidation and dismissal of suffering, as all of these things are linked to the idea that life must be prolonged at all costs and that all of this is worth it. Because I know that it's all just people in denial and it's just tedious anyway. Anything that is seen as being positive by someone only serves as a way to lead to more pain when that thing is inevitably taken away, which just shows how undeniably cruel existence is. Nobody can deny the true horrific nature of this existence and yet they do which is the true tragic thing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: tenebrousTruant, liana, Mia11 and 14 others
WaitingForMyRide

WaitingForMyRide

Order out of chaos
Sep 6, 2022
You're a charmer.

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, MideonNViscera, liana and 9 others
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
The reality is that black-and-white thinking on such a complex subject is unproductive and ultimately gets you nowhere. Ironically you are pushing your belief that the world is only made for suffering the same way you say those who are 'pro-life' push the belief that happiness is everywhere. Regardless of suffering or not most people are happy or at least content with living, they are not ignoring an underlying cruelness to this world.

I believe that life is meaningless and from a biological standpoint our only purpose is to live and reproduce. I do not see us as any more valuable than any other lifeform in the grand scheme of things. We are just here. Is this positive or negative? I'd say neither because you can't objectify it. Some people believe they lived great lives with very minimal, while others have had it "all" and have hated life. It's a subjective experience but by no means is painting positive experiences harmful. If anything, viewing experiences/life through a filter of only good/bad is more harmful.

• Love
Reactions: offbalance, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, IWantPeace99 and 16 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
suffering sucks

Reactions: neoyokio, Suicidе, newave3 and 2 others
Doom

Doom

Student
Nov 21, 2022
what choice do they have? people are not going to commit mass suicide, because it goes against their survival instinct, so the only choice they have left is to put on rainbow glasses and isolate themselves in their reality of joy and pleasure.

Reactions: offbalance, neoyokio, Meaninglessness and 1 other person
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
You truly have created a prison of your own intellect. It seems like all of your views have hardened into total absolutes that reality has to fit to rather than the other way around. It is just as harmful to deny all happiness and beauty as it is to pretend suffering and cruelty doesn't exist. I wish you would stop torturing yourself this way because life is difficult enough as it is.

Reactions: a seal, Wannagonow, MideonNViscera and 9 others
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I think the positive attitudes about life are a result of propaganda. We are force-fed those ideas from the time we're born and only a few reject them.

Same with religion, nationalism or any other ideology peddled en masse. The majority are going to eat it up, then regurgitate what they've been fed.

They'll become indignant with anyone who suggests life is anything less than precious. Even when you cite evidence to the contrary.

(Tell someone you doubt the existence of their god and you get the same response)

I don't assign much validity to these viewpoints because I know how they came to be.

In the early days of the war, I'm sure millions of Russians believed what their government was peddling in regards to the conflict.

Most people go around spewing what they've been taught/told.

Even when they speak from a place of experience, I still don't give it any validity.

How many people will swear up and down that racism is dead because they don't experience it or see it. Am I supposed to honor that POV?

They start believing in the message so deeply that they begin to employ confirmation bias or worse, take the negatives and spin them into a positive. I do it myself sometimes.

A bad thing happens and they don't see it as proof of a negative life experience.

Instead, they say that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger... They say the good lord wouldn't give them any more than they can handle... They say their dead children were called home to God. SMH.

That's nice. You can dress it up, spin it and wrap it in all the positive platitudes you want. Translation? Life sucks.

Admit it or not, agree or disagree -it doesn't change the truth.

Yeah, some people have perfectly fine lives but that's not enough to undo the overall observation that life sucks.

• Love
Reactions: Bah, Suicidе, LastFlowers and 5 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I'm glad some people can be happy.

Reactions: tenebrousTruant, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WaitingForMyRide and 6 others
M

MideonNViscera

Student
Nov 26, 2021
Lots of people have lives worth living. Positivity is generally a good thing.

We're suicidal, not geniuses who see the world in some special and unique way.

Reactions: tenebrousTruant, Wannagonow, WaitingForMyRide and 9 others
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
Lots of people have lives worth living. Positivity is generally a good thing.

We're suicidal, not geniuses who see the world in some special and unique way.
We're the opposite of geniuses considering our predicament (alive but wanna be dead).

But we absolutely see the world in a unique way. If we didn't, this wouldn't be one of the few, if not only, places on the web for us to congregate.

If our POV wasn't unique, we could talk freely about it without fear of being committed.

Reactions: Nekohime, neoyokio, newave3 and 3 others
M

MideonNViscera

Student
Nov 26, 2021
We're the opposite of geniuses considering our predicament (alive but wanna be dead).

But we absolutely see the world in a unique way. If we didn't, this wouldn't be one of the few, if not only, places on the web for us to congregate.

If our POV wasn't unique, we could talk freely about it without fear of being committed.
Yes, unique was the wrong word, although considering how many people kill themselves or live with depression I'd say that's debatable.

Reactions: Chinaski, Givenuponlife and Forever Sleep
ikdwhattothinjof

ikdwhattothinjof

Dec 20, 2022
They probably saw his other threads. He's a bit of a broken record.
yeah, i know, ive been on this forum for a while. but.. idk, im getting tired of certain comments on FC posts, just let her vent like any other user. its getting tired, what with the snarky attitude lately.. just my thoughts

Reactions: tenebrousTruant, Wannagonow, pthnrdnojvsc and 8 others
M

MideonNViscera

Student
Nov 26, 2021
yeah, i know, ive been on this forum for a while. but.. idk, im getting tired of certain comments on FC posts, just let her vent like any other user. its getting tired, what with the snarky attitude lately.. just my thoughts
Eh, your thoughts are perfectly valid. So are FC's, but when you have 17k posts and they all read like suicide fan fiction you're gonna catch some flak regardless.

Reactions: Wannagonow, Meaninglessness, WaitingForMyRide and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I actually really doubt that many people in this world are 'happy', I know that for some reason people on here frequently like to make comments about it which is strange on a forum where so many of us want to voluntarily end our existences, but I believe that a lot of people continue to stay here either for the sake of others or because this existence is all that they know which can be linked to the instinct to survive. Suicide can certainly be very difficult after all. But I do believe that humans are never satisfied as life as a concept is focused on the fulfilment of endless needs, which to me is such a tedious and painful burden. I could never understand why anyone would wish for this.

There is nothing beautiful about something so horrific and tragic as the existence of life. I'm not torturing myself, I'm being tortured by life and I'm just seeing life for what it really is, I have awareness of this world. I don't wish to suffer and delude myself, it's the most rational thing to want to free myself from this world but 'happy' people can go and enjoy this all they want, nobody is stopping them and suicidal people don't need to be lectured about this. Life itself will always be the true problem no matter what.

And also I don't care if my posts are similar, it's just my way of passing the time, I'm sorry that they cannot meet up to the high standards of some of the clearly very intellgent people on here. It's just venting after all, if we had legalised peaceful methods then there would be no need for this site and that would be the best thing. I would love for this site to go away and be replaced by access to N.
Also not that it matters too much, but I'm actually female but people who think that positivity is a good thing are probably ignorant of the fact that women are suicidal too. I actually feel sorry for you, you must be in extreme denial.
Those who have a problem with my posts please just get lost. Nobody is forcing you to come on here, just go out and enjoy life if you see life as being so wonderful and positive.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Suicidе, newave3 and 3 others
M

MideonNViscera

Student
Nov 26, 2021
I actually really doubt that many people in this world are 'happy', I know that for some reason people on here frequently like to make comments about it which is strange on a forum where so many of us want to voluntarily end our existences, but I believe that a lot of people continue to stay here either for the sake of others or because this existence is all that they know which can be linked to the instinct to survive. Suicide can certainly be very difficult after all. But I do believe that humans are never satisfied as life as a concept is focused on the fulfilment of endless needs, which to me is such a tedious and painful burden. I could never understand why anyone would wish for this.

There is nothing beautiful about something so horrific and tragic as the existence of life. I'm not torturing myself, I'm being tortured by life and I'm just seeing life for what it really is, I have awareness of this world. I don't wish to suffer and delude myself, it's the most rational thing to want to free myself from this world but 'happy' people can go and enjoy this all they want, nobody is stopping them and suicidal people don't need to be lectured about this. Life itself will always be the true problem no matter what.

And also I don't care if my posts are similar, it's just my way of passing the time, I'm sorry that they cannot meet up to the high standards of some of the clearly very intellgent people on here. It's just venting after all, if we had legalised peaceful methods then there would be no need for this site and that would be the best thing. I would love for this site to go away and be replaced by access to N.
Also not that it matters too much, but I'm actually female but people who think that positivity is a good thing are probably ignorant of the fact that women are suicidal too. I actually feel sorry for you, you must be in extreme denial.
Those who have a problem with my posts please just get lost. Nobody is forcing you to come on here, just go out and enjoy life if you see life as being so wonderful and positive.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Yay!
Reactions: PrisonBreak and ikdwhattothinjof
ikdwhattothinjof

ikdwhattothinjof

Dec 20, 2022
Eh, your thoughts are perfectly valid. So are FC's, but when you have 17k posts and they all read like suicide fan fiction you're gonna catch some flak regardless.
no, i get the psychology behind the flak as u say. i just dont agree with it? thats all.

Reactions: HumansAreHell, newave3 and Disappointered
B

Bluescreen

Mar 22, 2021
Oh, I can be happy and was able to be happy before Therapy also. Only difference after Therapy is, I don't have the urge to exit. People thinking they are the most unhappy, while others smile all the time, drive me mad with their ammount of Sentimentalism. Others also just do their jobs. I wouldn't have bought a smartphone from a depressive guy, who hadn't take a shower for a week and washed his clothes. Yes, that's Depression, I have been suffering for many years.
Now, I am like many others. I smile, most of the time not true smiles, I say polite things just to be polite.
Life isn't like having a good Icecream every day.
And I am, maybe, a bit more strange, because I find it unnecessary and annoying to get up every morning, just to get to beet some hours later. And most of the day, beeing is not fun. It's working, having a bad meal in a thrashy fast food restaurant and being on the way in a noisy and dirty city.
Most of the Life, it's not fun also. A crying child, you feed and clean him to make him stop crying. And it makes you lot's of troubles. Will he have disabilities, will he be good at school, get a good job, not suffer from a traffic accident, and so many more.
Also your Life is just hoping and wishing. Many Hopes and Wishes don't get real, but don't be sad. Because dreams gotten reality just get boring and forgotten, a new, a bigger dream starts asf.
Yeah, I accept all that and I don't care. I don't try to make the world a better place. No Money for beggars. I just think about my business. Serving the Planet? Fuck it. I want to enjoy some healthy years as much as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and newave3
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I agree in some ways. Nature itself is an incredibly diverse system ranging from tremendous beauty to great cruelty for the mortal individual. When viewed as a whole, it seems impossible to draw a final judgement beyond a visceral feeling of awe. The old saying applies; you don't see things as they are, you see things as you are.

Life on this small planet dates back 4 billion years, yet our recognisable modern humanity is a mere matter of centuries old. In that flash of time, mechanistic human systems have taken cruelty and dehumanisation to new extremes, including the horrors of factory farming, animal testing, sex slavery, child labour, warfare and of course the ever-delightful Holocene mass extinction event.

I agree with the sentiment that ignoring the cruelty and portraying humanity positively is inaccurate, harmful and perhaps the ultimate injustice in itself. Brutality should not be normalised nor covered up. As a metaphor, I always felt a particular fury towards the old McDonald's characters (Grimace, Birdie, etc.) given that their role was to brainwash children into associating a corporation brutalising millions of factory farmed animals with something friendly and happy. A smiling mask upon a face of death.

And yet, given that we all find ourselves here, people seem to have come up with several possible solutions. Some strive to engage politically to bring about positive change. Some react with total apathy. Some try to live ethical lives. Religions all acknowledge the problem (whilst sometimes being a cause of it) and offer various interpretations of salvation. Philosophically speaking, suicide could indeed be a legitimate solution, so long as we discount the possibility of someone with good health making an even better contribution.

Having said all that, the tone of OP's message makes me feel concern for her wellbeing. It was only last year that she spoke of her online course, her appreciation of some humour and very relatable struggles with everyday life. She has slowly descended into a pitch-black worldview of density, darkness and repetitiveness.

Posts like these have been cherry-picked and quoted by the media wanting to portray us as a death cult actively promoting self-harm. And in fairness, because this worldview contains its own unacknowledged bias, it also risks being a dubious influence on others making life-or-death decisions.

And yet, as this viewpoint drifts beyond what even most suicidal people can relate to, it is also easy to portray people speaking that way as a caricature of a Harry Potter-esque lord or queen of darkness. Yet there is a real person there, suffering with a tragic combination of personality traits that block any possible solution from entering, drifting ever deeper into the abyss.

I don't have an answer or a solution, but I encourage everyone to strike the right balance between showing compassion for the OP's psychological state while also recognising the perils of viewing the world through black-tinted glasses.

• Informative
Reactions: no.factory.farms, kitch, Wannagonow and 9 others
G

Givenuponlife

Jul 6, 2022
I don't enjoy life and see little point to continuing it myself for any longer than necessary. However, OP should broaden their perspective and accept that most people do not find life horrific, nor are they deluded for thinking that. Most people can find a facet of their existence that they find fascinating, interesting, or feel some sense of duty, even if they don't enjoy every second of it. Those can be powerful and rational motivations to keep oneself alive. Even then, there's a powerful survivial instinct that keeps people alive. I also don't feel as if it's my place to step in and criticise people for their yearnings for life. I personally envy people for being able to have this; part of my misery comes from never experiencing any genuine affection for life beyond superficiality.

Unfortunately, while it might be comforting to believe that people not wanting to CTB are delusional, this is not the case. And clinging to the pro death view as espoused is every bit, in my view, as simplistic as the anti-choicers who condescend to those suffering. While I don't need to say that some people want to CTB, we need to remember that most others do not, and aren't inherently wrong for that.

Reactions: MideonNViscera, bed and annointed_towers
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that if I had to choose I would rather be a 'broken record' than somebody who trolls suicide forums for their own amusement. People who do that are disturbing to me. Just so people know this is a forum for suffering people not one for bored people to immaturely post gifs so grow up, I know that some on here lack the awareness to understand this but many people on here actually want to die and suicide is actually a serious subject.
And if people wish to write long winded intellectual essays then good luck with that. It must be nice for those who have N, you can judge me all you want.
But anyway this website won't last and I won't miss it, not anymore. This website is barely any different to anywhere else in this world. Often the way that people act just reminds me of why leaving this world will always be the most preferable option.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 777, chocolatebar, Wannagonow and 12 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm sorry to hear about your suffering @FuneralCry. I too, hate the positive attitudes towards existing and even more so, those who post the dreadful three digit number/hotline as some sort of virtuous signal. With regards to the people post that virtuous signal, they are very ignorant of peoples' plights and are dismissive towards understanding why someone would want to exit existence.

Reactions: neoyokio, newave3, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Everyone has a right to express their own opinion, including FC. I don't happen to agree with here either, as she's way too much a nihilist for me, but it's still her views. I don't think attacking her solves anything. If you don't like her views, you don't have to read them, and you can even ignore them, if you chose. Frankly, I think this rotten world (and yes I believe it is a rotten world, just not to the extreme of FC ) would be better off if people who had nothing good to say about someone, just didn't say anything at all.

Reactions: Wannagonow, HumansAreHell, Rairii and 3 others
anonymoussadbeing

anonymoussadbeing

Jul 28, 2022

Dear FuneralCry, I love your posts, I never get tired of reading your posts and comments, you speak the truth. Keep venting, ignore the haters, they're idiots.

Reactions: Bah, Mthom2, Tried-tireD and 5 others
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
I loved life and had a wonderful life until last year when I got sick. I miss that life but know I'll never have it again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Jarni, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
The reality is that black-and-white thinking on such a complex subject is unproductive and ultimately gets you nowhere. Ironically you are pushing your belief that the world is only made for suffering the same way you say those who are 'pro-life' push the belief that happiness is everywhere. Regardless of suffering or not most people are happy or at least content with living, they are not ignoring an underlying cruelness to this world.

I believe that life is meaningless and from a biological standpoint our only purpose is to live and reproduce. I do not see us as any more valuable than any other lifeform in the grand scheme of things. We are just here. Is this positive or negative? I'd say neither because you can't objectify it. Some people believe they lived great lives with very minimal, while others have had it "all" and have hated life. It's a subjective experience but by no means is painting positive experiences harmful. If anything, viewing experiences/life through a filter of only good/bad is more harmful.
There is an underlying cruelness to the world though, it's not simply a belief..unless you want to go back and forth about semantics..and quite frankly, most "happy" people (people with much less suffering and far more privilege than others) do in fact, ignore it, until the day it comes for them.

I'm also not sure where you got the idea that most people are happy or content with living from?
They sure could have fooled me.
You also can't really go by what people tell you, when so many of us wear masks and play pretend to survive.

The fact that's it's a subjective experience, doesn't take away from the other fact that objectivity, as we have come to know the term, does exist.
Suffering exists, and will continue to exist, especially if we are forced to keep this whole charade going for the sake of some other possibility of happiness for another person(s) (a person or people who somehow think the relentless suffering of those around them and those who came before, is somehow worth it, despite not having had to endure themselves).
At the end of the day, if you really distill desires down to their pulp, human beings all want similar things out of the time they've been given on this earth-against their will (or ability to consent), and if they cannot have those things, then they suffer dearly.
Sometimes an end to said suffering is even one of the things that is denied to a person (until inevitable death occurs long past due).

OP might have views that are at the far end of the spectrum, but it doesn't mean they're not worth taking into consideration.
Neutrality or gray vision, is not as beneficial or without harm as you seem to think it is.
It gets us nowhere a lot of the time, or keeps things exactly the way they are. Shit.
OP alludes to a valid point, that positivity about living often causes harm in and of itself and obfuscates the suffering of those who got the short end of the stick, thus making it easier to perpetuate and propagate their demise.
It also further torments them to live in tandem with what they can never experience for themselves.

Part of the reason why people continue to come into being and suffer, is because there is this bias towards life-affirming sentiments..which is conflated with being "positive".
And we wrongly describe the opposite as being "negative" when it's simply describing an unfortunate truth that many poor individuals have to navigate..wanting to be heard and seen alongside those who beam with unbridled contentment.
OP has to dig their heels in and shout louder, they can't just bend and blend into the middle ground..otherwise there would be no middle ground. No spectrum without extremities.

All that said, I agree with your comment about life ultimately being meaningless, but plenty of people could give you a hard time about that too.
There are times where I absolutely need/want my suffering to mean something..even if that something's only destiny is to morph into a plea that will lead to the end of future suffering for others.
But perhaps it really will all mean nothing, long after I'm gone. Depending on how you define meaning.
(And meaninglessness could be considered suffering, to boot.)

*Sorry for the tangents, I just found your comment to be more worthy of jumping off from than the flippant one before it.
I agree.
You truly have created a prison of your own intellect. It seems like all of your views have hardened into total absolutes that reality has to fit to rather than the other way around. It is just as harmful to deny all happiness and beauty as it is to pretend suffering and cruelty doesn't exist. I wish you would stop torturing yourself this way because life is difficult enough as it is.
What do you consider "happiness and beauty" and what do you say to those who are denied both?
Who cares if something exists, when often the defining part of suffering is being starved of what is right before your eyes, yet completely out of reach.

Stop the victim blaming rhetoric of making sure OP is burdened with the responsibility of their own torment, which they did not ask for nor conjure up.
Your first and last statements could be arbitrarily thrown at just about anyone on this site..or off of it.
I'm glad some people can be happy.
At a great cost..which they themselves rarely have to pay.
I think the positive attitudes about life are a result of propaganda. We are force-fed those ideas from the time we're born and only a few reject them.

Same with religion, nationalism or any other ideology peddled en masse. The majority are going to eat it up, then regurgitate what they've been fed.

They'll become indignant with anyone who suggests life is anything less than precious. Even when you cite evidence to the contrary.

(Tell someone you doubt the existence of their god and you get the same response)

I don't assign much validity to these viewpoints because I know how they came to be.

In the early days of the war, I'm sure millions of Russians believed what their government was peddling in regards to the conflict.

Most people go around spewing what they've been taught/told.

Even when they speak from a place of experience, I still don't give it any validity.

How many people will swear up and down that racism is dead because they don't experience it or see it. Am I supposed to honor that POV?

They start believing in the message so deeply that they begin to employ confirmation bias or worse, take the negatives and spin them into a positive. I do it myself sometimes.

A bad thing happens and they don't see it as proof of a negative life experience.

Instead, they say that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger... They say the good lord wouldn't give them any more than they can handle... They say their dead children were called home to God. SMH.

That's nice. You can dress it up, spin it and wrap it in all the positive platitudes you want. Translation? Life sucks.

Admit it or not, agree or disagree -it doesn't change the truth.

Yeah, some people have perfectly fine lives but that's not enough to undo the overall observation that life sucks.
Good points, a lot of this is where I'm coming from as well.
Things are not always as they seem, and we should also know by now that the apparent majority view should never be treated with kid gloves.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chocolatebar, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, HumansAreHell and 6 others
O

Onw9

I want to feel like I feel when i'm asleep
Jun 19, 2022
Hoping someone creates a doomsday or we get hit by an asteroid

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Resinn66, annointed_towers and 3 others