• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand those who label someone as being "pessimistic" or too "negative" for having awareness how existence is meaningless suffering as that is what existence truly is, it's not the thoughts that are "negative" but rather the reality. No matter what deluded pro-lifer people say existence itself will always be the true problem and it's true that existence itself is nothing more than an unnecessary harm, it's such a horrific tragedy how life even exists at all. Existence is undeniably filled with endless potential for cruelty, suffering, harm and torment, and I find it disgusting and insensitive when pro-life people act like one is the problem for having awareness of that.

No, wanting to die isn't "negativity", in fact it's all that makes sense to me, in fact what I'd see as insane is wishing to suffer for decades in this cruel and futile existence just to be tormented by very old age just to die anyway. In this reality "positivity" is what is delusional, there's nothing positive about existing as a conscious being who has the ability to suffer endlessly in this existence where chance so senselessly determines everything.

It's very absurd how hating existence is labelled as being too "negative" when there is no limit as to how much agony one can feel as long as they exist, I'd always see it as preferable to not exist as ceasing to exist solves everything and removes the ability to suffer. I only see eternal nothingness as the ideal state which is why it's unacceptable how this society is so anti-suicide, in my case I see suicide as rational to escape from suffering and find safety from suffering.

T

The Ninth God

Feb 8, 2024
Reality is a cage, knowledge is what makes you understand that by existing you will suffer, no matter what. Some individuals are fine by suffering, be it because they prefer to live or have suffered long enough they barely feel any pain, for example I'm in the last group, mostly, having reasons to live but hate existence with all my heart. In the end, chaos, entropy, call it however you want, will lead to the same result: death. There's no reason to fear it or blindly believe that life is all good and sweet, because it's not; life is a battleground, filled with neverending suffering. I find beauty and majesty in chaos, because all is born from it and all will return to it, humans are simply afraid of the inevitable. It takes courage to end it, that's true, my survival instincts are too strong for such, so is impressive when someone can defy their biology. I think that many are unable to understand, but most choose to ignore what they already know. Also, people should drop the "good/bad" and "positive/negative" labeling, because it's subjective and the same thing can be seen as both, based on the observer.

Specific_Milk

Specific_Milk

Student
Aug 28, 2022
Changing your mindset will only go so far. There has been serious philosophical work mainly by Schopenhauer precisely to argue for why life is inherently full of suffering. Suffering is the 'positive' state of existence (this term is used very precisely to mean something that is active. Strip away the connotation that positive = happy. This word 'positive' here is not used in that sense) and the lack of suffering is merely a temporary relief (Schopenhaeur essays). The same conclusion was reached by the Buddha and I'm sure many more obscure philosophers. If you look at the works of Lacan you will see the inherent meaningless in everything that is material. The fact that we are chasing after 'images' of success (whatever form that might take) to fill a negated hole in ourselves that Lacan says will never be able to be filled. i.e desire cannot be fulfilled and desire is the cause of all suffering.

Those are the true tragedies of existence. It isn't an opinion, it isn't a philosophical framework, it is imo the most honest attempt of understanding existence and thereby the closest description of reality there is.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Changing your mindset will only go so far.
I'm not saying people can change their 'negative' mindset. But for the people who have a 'positive' mindset, who think life is beautiful or whatever, then that's what life is for them.

If you look at the works of Lacan you will see the inherent meaningless in everything that is material. The fact that we are chasing after 'images' of success (whatever form that might take) to fill a negated hole in ourselves that Lacan says will never be able to be filled. i.e desire cannot be fulfilled and desire is the cause of all suffering.
Yeah, I agree that life is meaningless, but most people live perfectly content lives despite that.

I get what you're saying about everyone chasing after 'images' of success- yeah, it's a carrot and stick society, and ultimately desires can never be fulfilled. But all that carrot-chasing is what keeps people going everyday, and they get enough joy and happiness from life to make it worth living.

That's their subjective reality. Your subjective reality is one of suffering and tragedy. There is no objective reality.

Specific_Milk

Specific_Milk

Student
Aug 28, 2022
I'm not saying people can change their 'negative' mindset. But for the people who have a 'positive' mindset, who think life is beautiful or whatever, then that's what life is for them.

Yeah, I agree that life is meaningless, but most people live perfectly content lives despite that.

I get what you're saying about everyone chasing after 'images' of success- yeah, it's a carrot and stick society, and ultimately desires can never be fulfilled. But all that carrot-chasing is what keeps people going everyday, and they get enough joy and happiness from life to make it worth living.

That's their subjective reality. Your subjective reality is one of suffering and tragedy. There is no objective reality.
You're completely delusional if you really believe most people live perfectly content lives. With the state of the economy of the world and the fact that most people are either working class or middle class, all struggling in this rat race, it's not my subjective view that existence is that of suffering. I never said there wasnt happiness either that's why i referenced Schopenhauer saying the absence of suffering is a temporary relief from the positive state of existence i.e suffering. You'd have to be so absolutely disconnected from reality if you think *most* people are happy and live content lives. Why is there mass immigration to cities and to the developed world if people are so content? Why not stay where they are? Because to live means to better one's conditions. What economists refer to as the 'global south' are still struggling

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
You're completely delusional if you really believe most people live perfectly content lives. With the state of the economy of the world and the fact that most people are either working class or middle class, all struggling in this rat race, it's not my subjective view that existence is that of suffering. I never said there wasnt happiness either that's why i referenced Schopenhauer saying the absence of suffering is a temporary relief from the positive state of existence i.e suffering. You'd have to be so absolutely disconnected from reality if you think *most* people are happy and live content lives. Why is there mass immigration to cities and to the developed world if people are so content? Why not stay where they are? Because to live means to better one's conditions. What economists refer to as the 'global south' are still struggling
i think pain and suffering can be so bad it's objectively bad, kidney stones, burned over all body 3rd degree burns and left to live like that, kidnapping kept as prisoner tortured slave abused, etc. it's the pleasures that are subjective imo and are just bait for the extreme torture that is possible and probable.

Even a pro-lifer who says life is a beautiful gift can be kidnapped in a basement and tortured like Junko Furuta was for years and won't think that is beautiful or good. or end up with incurable bed sores in unbearable pain in an nursing home that is probable for many , see who by very slow decay

In the ever deeper honesty book the author proves that pain and suffering are objectively bad

there's no guarantee any sentient animal including a human won't end up in the worst pain . many humans will end up old in pain in nursing homes as I linked in who by very slow decay. I fear existence and rightly so. they tell us "go enjoy" . yeah like a dumb youtube video or sandwich is worth the worst torture . it's not by a longshot.

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I'm not saying most people live perfectly content lives. I'm saying most people are content enough with their lives to want to keep living. Yeah, there's obviously a lot of suffering in the world. But people experience enough happiness in their lives to make it worthwhile.

There's a lot of suffering in the world, but it's a 100% subjective view to say that "life/existence is suffering". You're in the minority.

Ignorance is bliss(second time today I've posted the following video😄):

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
i think pain and suffering can be so bad it's objectively bad, kidney stones, burned over all body 3rd degree burns and left to live like that, kidnapping kept as prisoner tortured slave abused, etc. it's the pleasures that are subjective imo and are just bait for the extreme torture that is possible and probable.

Even a pro-lifer who says life is a beautiful gift can be kidnapped in a basement and tortured like Junko Furuta was for years and won't think that is beautiful or good. or end up with incurable bed sores in unbearable pain in an nursing home that is probable for many , see who by very slow decay
You're just giving examples of the evil, horrific end of the human experience spectrum. Someone else could give examples from the other end of the spectrum, e.g. the birth of a child, or kind caring people, or lovestruck people.

A prolifer who was living a subjectively happy, healthy life could indeed be then kidnapped, tortured and abused. Their life then becomes subjectively a hell.
But life itself away from that person hasn't ultimately changed. The Universe is indifferent either way.

there's no guarantee any sentient animal including a human won't end up in the worst pain . many humans will end up old in pain in nursing homes as I linked in who by very slow decay. I fear existence and rightly so. they tell us "go enjoy" . yeah like a dumb youtube video or sandwich is worth the worst torture . it's not by a longshot.
I'm not disagreeing with you that there's a lot of suffering and shit going on in the world. And yes, if you live long enough obviously there's a good chance you'll end up with pain and illness. It's just that most people find life a subjectively enjoyable experience. At least enjoyable enough to want to stay alive. They may be deluding themselves about old age and a lot of other stuff, but it's that delusion that keeps people going.

Specific_Milk

Specific_Milk

Student
Aug 28, 2022
I'm not saying most people live perfectly content lives. I'm saying most people are content enough with their lives to want to keep living. Yeah, there's obviously a lot of suffering in the world. But people experience enough happiness in their lives to make it worthwhile.

There's a lot of suffering in the world, but it's a 100% subjective view to say that "life/existence is suffering". You're in the minority.

Ignorance is bliss(second time today I've posted the following video😄):

Go re read your own post. You LITERALLY SAID verbatim most people live perfectly content lives. If you don't have a good argument for your position, don't backtrack on your words and make yourself look even more silly

P

peaches

Student
Oct 19, 2022
I don't understand those who label someone as being "pessimistic" or too "negative" for having awareness how existence is meaningless suffering as that is what existence truly is, it's not the thoughts that are "negative" but rather the reality. No matter what deluded pro-lifer people say existence itself will always be the true problem and it's true that existence itself is nothing more than an unnecessary harm, it's such a horrific tragedy how life even exists at all. Existence is undeniably filled with endless potential for cruelty, suffering, harm and torment, and I find it disgusting and insensitive when pro-life people act like one is the problem for having awareness of that.

No, wanting to die isn't "negativity", in fact it's all that makes sense to me, in fact what I'd see as insane is wishing to suffer for decades in this cruel and futile existence just to be tormented by very old age just to die anyway. In this reality "positivity" is what is delusional, there's nothing positive about existing as a conscious being who has the ability to suffer endlessly in this existence where chance so senselessly determines everything.

It's very absurd how hating existence is labelled as being too "negative" when there is no limit as to how much agony one can feel as long as they exist, I'd always see it as preferable to not exist as ceasing to exist solves everything and removes the ability to suffer. I only see eternal nothingness as the ideal state which is why it's unacceptable how this society is so anti-suicide, in my case I see suicide as rational to escape from suffering and find safety from suffering.
Totally agree. Positivity bombing is very popular now. When I am judged with those terms like "negativity" by people who have never walked in my shoes, unfortunately, it makes me feel worse, so I stay silent.

I see myself as a scientist/realist.
It's an 8 inch glass with 4 inches of water in it. It is not half full or half empty.

Reactions: divinemistress36
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I would agree but, if this view is reality (which it is), what exactly is pessimism then?

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023

In the ever deeper honesty book the author proves that pain and suffering are objectively bad

She looks almost exactly like my cousin…