• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Square251

Square251

Mar 19, 2023
How do you deal with overwhelming emotions of hate and anger? It's mostly directed towards myself and so many aspects of society as a whole. I hate the amount of bullshit in this world that drives people like us to these extremes without any kind of remorse. I also hate myself for being completely powerless to do anything about it. All this anger just eats away at me from the inside and I just feel worse and worse until I reach that point where I feel like wanting to ctb again.

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
The same things bother me but I guess it's more like sorrow than anger when it builds up. I'm not sure if I 'deal' with it as in getting rid of it, but I guess I try to make it motivate me to do something that helps some people that are affected by the world. One person can't change the world but if one person helps one other person in their life, that's worth it. Even if it doesn't resolve all the anger.

Reactions: JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
I externalize hate more than internalize. But internalizing hate is definitely more painful in my opinion, as externalizing gives one a feeling of power. I don't particularly give my external hate much thought as it is just a part of me. Surrounding oneself with compassionate people surely helps with internal hateful feelings. I don't really deal with my external or internal hate. I just accept it, which I would not recommend. People have told me my whole life to absorb good things, i.e media or whatever. When is the last time something positive was published? It's rare. Stories of hope are not common. But I would recommend to find little things to enjoy that build your self esteem, and also cause feelings of accomplishment, such as reading a challenging book, studying a philosophy; such things can be quite positive and rewarding, it's worked for me. Sorry you're going through this.

Flores de Abril

Flores de Abril

Mar 8, 2023
Honestly I understand how u feel, today's world is unfair and it seems that in every corner there is someone or something that wants to trick you into generating reveneu for them, as Judas said above internalizing its hate and frustration is extremely harmful, as any feeling no matter how ugly it might seem it craves to be expressed. The best thing u can do is to take reigns of your own life, unfortunately it's unlikely that any of us will be able to change society as a whole with our sole hard work and determination, but we can still change our lifes, we can use this feelings to energize us to do something about ourselves, get away from social media, uninstall tinder, don't buy the dumb thing that u know that u don't need, do what u actually like, what sets your soul on fire, and don't listen to those that wish for you to conform. This world can be a beautiful place, I honestly believe it can change, but only if we decide to reject the things the world "invented" that were needs.

Reactions: JudasIscariot
Galileo3630

Galileo3630

Tsundere
Mar 22, 2023
How do you deal with overwhelming emotions of hate and anger? It's mostly directed towards myself and so many aspects of society as a whole. I hate the amount of bullshit in this world that drives people like us to these extremes without any kind of remorse. I also hate myself for being completely powerless to do anything about it. All this anger just eats away at me from the inside and I just feel worse and worse until I reach that point where I feel like wanting to ctb again.
If it's something I hate about the government, I will simply ignore it and wash it down because it's not something I can control, but if it's a person that I despise or they got on my nerves, I will tell them straight up and will always unpack my anger onto them, no matter how that might affect my reputation or etc, I promised to stay true to myself and never let ANYONE talk shit to me or treat me like I'm some piece of trash. Standing up for myself is the main thing I've learned whilst recovering.

Gloom

Gloom

Autistic Dumbass
Sep 20, 2020
I like to get drunk when I feel angry because going through these emotions is exhausting. I used to make 'vent' art where I got cheap paint and materials and just scribbled like a child and maybe make tangible images, I found it comforting seeing my emotions manifest into something physical. personally, ignoring it makes it worse and I eventually break down and end up in much deeper pain. maybe getting involved in social activist groups could relieve your frustrations. you're not guaranteed to make significant change but conversing with like-minded people might make the anger less uncomfortable to deal with alone.

I hate the amount of bullshit in this world that drives people like us to these extremes without any kind of remorse.
I really resonate with this, I really don't want to be in this position but I don't know what else to do. we're promised to just keep going even though there's a million reasons not to and all the while people make existence purposefully torturous. I don't expect the world to be totally fair (like I used to) but I wish a few more people were kind, or that my brain wasn't built to be so sensitive and selfish.

TheLakesKrueguer

TheLakesKrueguer

Mar 5, 2023
It's obviously not the kind of answer you're looking for, but I punch myself when I am feeling angry.

Reactions: H.O.Xan