gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
in a discord call with some people and a new person joined the vc. He had a lisp and his mic was cutting out. The people were annoyed by him because they couldn't understand him. They thought he was trolling with the lisp. Saying it was a uwu voice. He said he was being serious and he was just upset he was getting banned because of his bad mic and voice. They banned him after and then preoceed to make him seem like he was the problem. Saying he was trolling with an uwu voice and the reason he kept getting banned was because he was annoying and all he did was ramble about getting banned. It made no sense. Honestly pure hatred for no reason at all. It hurts my soul to see other people get treated the way usually I got treated as a kid. It was even worse since we're all adults. To just shut someone down like that. It's evil. Why do people exist like this. Do you agree?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: binturong, vanillamilkshakes, TheGoodGuy and 2 others
apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
That's so rude, I hope the guy with the lisp is doing better. It's really bewildering to me how some people can lack empathy at times, especially for people with disabilities.

• Love
Reactions: wayn and gnarly
wayn

wayn

orange cats are so cute
Oct 3, 2024
Yes that's very rude, but it's happens sadly.

Reactions: gnarly
aWeeBitTired

aWeeBitTired

I don't know anything.
Feb 25, 2024
I so relate to this post, and I so relate to you gnarly. People are just so evil and act so maliciously--I try to lie to myself and say they are just ignorant of the harm... but idk anymore

Reactions: gnarly
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Poor guy, people with lisps or stutters have it hard enough in the first place and is very anxious and concious about the problem so for people to bring negative attention to it like he is the problem is just plain wrong he didn´t do anything wrong they did! And no matter how annoying anyone feel it is to listen to it, because it can be frustrating you just have to remind yourself that it´s 1000 times worse for that person and they don´t do it on purpose and would wish for it to stop. My brother used to have a bad stutter as a child (although not lisp but still a speach impediment) so I know how horrible it is so suffer from and have experienced it many times myself when anxious in certain situations when I was younger and people mocking you about it is so humilating and makes the problem worsen.

I also played CS with a guy some time ago who stuttered a lot which isn´t very good in a comp CS match but I didn´t ditch him because of that because it´s not his fault and you can still enjoy playing together. And you have to put yourself in his place how insecure he felt that is at least how I perceived it so I felt sorry for him, like he is just trying to have a good time playing CS with some people while also having some social interaction so I never drew attention to the stutter and certainly would never make fun of it or ostrasize him for it. I can´t believe they treated that guy you mentioned so bad what horrible bullies, some people really forget how they are on the internet and in my experience it´s pretty bad in some discord groups because they have formed their own cliques so if you´re not good socially it´s very hard to become a part of the social group in my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: binturong