N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think the answer for the US and UK is obvious.

I am in Germany and they avoid talking about it. I think they fear the Streisand effect. If I google "suicide forum" -> in German "Suizid Forum" there several results. Maybe they don't report on this forum because there is some room of interpretation of assisted suicide laws in my country. But I am not sure at all.

One of them is on a very tiny website I never ever heard of. Many articles refer to kiwi farms though I know that this certain outlet also reported on sanctioned suicide. This is the only German website where I read the name of this forum. They copied some passages of the NYT text and published it in the same month. Completely with the same message.

Moreover when I searched for suicide forums in my native language they often write about incels though they do not specify on it. I am really not sure whether they mean this forum I tend to no.

When I searched for news related to the topic I found a very disgusting clickbait article on a woman who livestreamed her suicide. The way this text is written is disgusting. Absolute sensationalism. It is a perfect example on how not to report about suicide also with a picture. I think it probably refers to this forum. (it mentions no name)

Many articles refer to kiwi farms. But there are also articles on ethical debates how to implement new assisted suicide laws.

The court ruling in my country was very liberal which gave me hope to die with dignity and not like a criminal. Though the German media is extremely paternalistic. I get way too angry reading the politicians opinions on it. It was really bad for my mental health. I can remember when I wrote some threads about it I shaked with my hands so much. It felt horrible. The jurisdiction gave me hope but the politicians want very very strict regulations. Which might be contradictory to the highest court ruling. Some assisted suicide already said they might sue the laws if they become very restrictive. I hope so.

I have the feeling when I kill myself I have to decide. Either risking to become a vegetable in excruciating pain forever or doing something illegal. I hate to break the law though I don't see any way around that when I read my limits.

How do media outlets report on suicide (forums) or specifically this forum in your country? In my country they probably fear the Streisand effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultracheese
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that it was featured on the BBC news and the Daily Mail, I remember quite a long time ago now someone posted the link to the Daily Mail article on here, it probably didn't mention the site but it must had been about this place, and since seeing that, it now reminds me to never read any pro life news articles. There is no point, it's all nonsense, the UK is so incredibly pro life and I hate how things are this way. People should just accept the fact that many people want to die, suicide is a part of life.

Reactions: Ultracheese