• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Personally they literally saved my life. What has your experience been after being suicidal?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and edu0z
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Fluoexetine (Prozac.) No- did nothing but leave me with a metallic taste in my mouth. Only did one course. Saw no point in continuing.

St. John's Wort and 5HTP I felt did help me. I probably irresponsibly self prescribed it but it's not wise to take alongside other medications. It can prevent them working! (Including the contraceptive pill.) Seeing as I wasn't taking anything else though and I don't really like doctors, I tried.

Vitamin and iron supplements tend to make me feel better in myself but that's because I'm not great with my diet.

I know medication has helped some people but I've read plenty of unpleasant experiences too. Some where people have ended up even worse off! I simply don't trust that doctors know enough about how the brain works to actually know what they're doing. It all seems worryingly trial and error for me. I can understand people trying it when they feel desperate but for me- it doesn't feel worth the risk. That I think is the worse part of it. I don't think people think they are taking a risk.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I've never had any significant health issues except ones that were caused by drugs (either prescription or recreational). Fluoxetine (Prozac) in particular destroyed me with just a few pills, but I'm still rebuilding from that. THC and psilocybin have also caused me serious harm. As a bonus, the antibiotic amoxicillin once made me so weak that I couldn't finish the course. I guess drugs aren't my thing with the exception of CBD, which is weirdly effective for me with no side effects. I will probably not experiment with anything else ever again though. The thought of taking anything makes me sick after what I've been through.

Last edited:
dangero

dangero

May 1, 2023
the safest drug is escitalopram, but in my case it did not remove anxiety well, perhaps 10 mg was too low
it is very important to take vitamin D while taking SSRI, because these drugs destroy bones

Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I was taking medication for various conditions, fell out with my GP/NHS over accessibility issues and stopped engaging with them stopped taking all me medication just over 3 months ago. Seem to be fine apart from high BP which seems to be all over the place, put on over 37kg and a few other issues. Still breathing though.

Reactions: dangero
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
It depends on the person. I responded pretty well to meds, they did a lot to dampen my anxiety, and I'm reminded of that whenever I get to take them. They didn't help my depression that much, but I didn't tell my doctor about my suicidal thoughts because I was scared of hospitalization, so mine are technically antidepressants, but they're prescribed for anxiety and are more likely to help with anxiety. It's important to note that meds don't make you happy, they just numb the pain a bit.

Reactions: Kit1 and dangero
kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
i have only tried fluoxetine and sertraline at the moment and neither have been helpful. i find my quetiapine to be helpful but my antidepressants haven't really helped