• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I’vehadenough

I’vehadenough

Elementalist
Sep 15, 2018
an ER nurse told me that people in the hospital who survived a suicide attempt regret it and beg for their lives to be saved. anyone experience a suicide attempt where they wanted to be saved? or have they regretted being saved?

Reactions: Rivotrial and Circles
Slenderman

Slenderman

Jimmy Smith
Jun 9, 2019
II personally think it's disgustingly exaggerated. Sure there are people who regret attempting, there are people who regret failing their attempt. Not me but a kid from my school was rescued after he tried suicide by drowning, a few months later he had his second attempt, which was successful. This is one case, can't talk for everyone but I'm pretty sure not EVERY person wants to live after they attempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamentice, Chlo, Soul and 10 others
Livinginhell

Livinginhell

Should be Existinginhell
Aug 13, 2018
My only regret is been saved. I took an overdose once and didn't say anything till 4 days later when I was suffering severe pain, they did a blood test which showed my kidneys were falling so I escaped the hospital, I wanted to die! The police eventually caught up with me and sectioned me to force me to get treatment.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lamentice, Rivotrial, Soul and 8 others
Crystal Labeija

Crystal Labeija

Experienced
Jun 3, 2019
Some people might say they regret it to avoid being institutionalized in a psychiatric ward. I concede that some people do genuinely regret it, especially if they're looking at permanent disabilities, but some might oly do it as a way to avoid possible institutionalization.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lamentice, Rivotrial, Soul and 8 others
On the edge

On the edge

Jun 9, 2019
I don't regret them because now I know what not to do lol

• Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, aquila, Rivotrial and 6 others
medicinenightmares

medicinenightmares

Jun 11, 2019
My only regret is been saved. I took an overdose once and didn't say anything till 4 days later when I was suffering severe pain, they did a blood test which showed my kidneys were falling so I escaped the hospital, I wanted to die! The police eventually caught up with me and sectioned me to force me to get treatment.

Do you mind if I ask what you overdosed on?

Reactions: Ashpac and Circles
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
an ER nurse told me that people in the hospital who survived a suicide attempt regret it and beg for their lives to be saved. anyone experience a suicide attempt where they wanted to be saved? or have they regretted being saved?
Sounds like pro-lifer bullshit. I don't trust doctors and nurses, they're all closet sadists who go into medicine so they'll have access to helpless people to abuse. She was probably lying. Most nurses are addicts who steal pain meds from their patients.

Reactions: Lamentice, kappa, Ashpac and 4 others
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Sounds like pro-lifer bullshit. I don't trust doctors and nurses, they're all closet sadists who go into medicine so they'll have access to helpless people to abuse. She was probably lying. Most nurses are addicts who steal pain meds from their patients.

DIsagree with the closet sadist part, but yes we have to be pro-life in hospital... its part of professionalism and not losing our jobs. so even tho im gonna CTB in under a month I still have to act normal. Thank fuck I have already done my ER runs and dont have any association with suicide (for the most part) so i dont have to lieand pretend that life is good.

• Love
Reactions: Lamentice, Scribble Fan, ImpendingExit45 and 6 others
P

Purple777

Jun 10, 2019
I only regretted waking up afterwards. I hoped to overdose and not wake up but it didn't work out the way I wanted to. I also regretted going to the hospital. I should have stayed home and waited until I puked it all out. Instead of going to the hospital and being involuntarily admitted to a mental hospital. It only made me more depressed . But I've learned from it now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rivotrial, Soul, Ashpac and 3 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
DIsagree with the closet sadist part, but yes we have to be pro-life in hospital... its part of professionalism and not losing our jobs. so even tho im gonna CTB in under a month I still have to act normal. Thank fuck I have already done my ER runs and dont have any association with suicide (for the most part) so i dont have to lieand pretend that life is good.
Yeah, nurses have a rising suicide rate like everyone else. Hope you get some happiness in the meantime.

I could never hold it together and keep working as my date got closer, knowing I wouldn't have to pay next month's rent. I would try to take a nice last vacation then start making up dumb reasons to live. Get high one last time and decide the weed is so good I want to stay alive to finish the bag.

Reactions: Monopoly1, Soul, Ashpac and 2 others
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Yeah, nurses have a rising suicide rate like everyone else. Hope you get some happiness in the meantime.

I could never hold it together and keep working as my date got closer, knowing I wouldn't have to pay next month's rent. I would try to take a nice last vacation then start making up dumb reasons to live. Get high one last time and decide the weed is so good I want to stay alive to finish the bag.
Im a doctor, unfortunately training in anaesthetics, one of the highest CTB specialties, go figure ahaha. Hope you can take your holiday, thats actually why im still working so i can CTB somewhere nice... well thats the plan anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Ashpac, rata1 and 3 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Im a doctor, unfortunately training in anaesthetics, one of the highest CTB specialties, go figure ahaha. Hope you can take your holiday, thats actually why im still working so i can CTB somewhere nice... well thats the plan anyway.
omg I used to have this fetish/fantasy of meeting a suicidal dr. or anesthesiologist so we could be addicts or partner for a suicide. I finally met a really sexy one and he was super generous with meds, I wanted to ask him so bad, it was all I could think about, but he didn't seem like he wanted to be intimate like that and I didn't want to scare him. He was always soooo quiet, I would pretend he was the Angel of Death, come to collect me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul, Ashpac, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I regret not succeeding :angry: I would have been out of this shitty planet for almost a year. :angry:

Just my personal thoughts :wink: I think there may be a few who regret it. Perhaps because they might be worse off than before.
I think others may have just said it so their time in the hospital or psych ward would be less.
I think many, like you suggested ... regret being "saved".

II personally think it's disgustingly exaggerated. Sure there are people who regret attempting, there are people who regret failing their attempt. Not me but a kid from my school was rescued rescued after he tried suicide by drowning, a few months later he had his second attempt, which was successful. This is one case, can't talk for everyone but I'm pretty sure not EVERY person wants to live after they attempt.

There aren't enough likes I can give this. :smiling: If I get "Saved" in my next attempt … I will LIE my ass off so I will be able to try again. :devil:

So sorry this happened to you. :aw: I hope you can eventually find peace. :hug:
Some people might say they regret it to avoid being institutionalized in a psychiatric ward. I concede that some people do genuinely regret it, especially if they're looking at permanent disabilities, but some might oly do it as a way to avoid possible institutionalization.

Totally agree. Pretty much said the same thing as well. :wink:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ashpac and not_a_robot
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
omg I used to have this fetish/fantasy of meeting a suicidal dr. or anesthesiologist so we could be addicts or partner for a suicide. I finally met a really sexy one and he was super generous with meds, I wanted to ask him so bad, it was all I could think about, but he didn't seem like he wanted to be intimate like that and I didn't want to scare him. He was always soooo quiet, I would pretend he was the Angel of Death, come to collect me.
hahahah yeah theres certainly a few of us that are suicidal, support groups and people constantly killing themselves and shit ahahha its nuts when you think about it. train for 15+ years just to take a few meds and huff some gas then fall asleep. Perks is that I have quite a peaceful way to go which is something to be thankful for, no cutting or hanging. or hassle with N.

Also complete other note anyone think its ridiculous how much a psychiatrist costs? like the initial consult is as much as me sourcing N...

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Ashpac, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

THIS !!!!

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
hahahah yeah theres certainly a few of us that are suicidal, support groups and people constantly killing themselves and shit ahahha its nuts when you think about it. train for 15+ years just to take a few meds and huff some gas then fall asleep. Perks is that I have quite a peaceful way to go which is something to be thankful for, no cutting or hanging. or hassle with N.

Also complete other note anyone think its ridiculous how much a psychiatrist costs? like the initial consult is as much as me sourcing N...
I heard a few end-of-life shows on npr a few years ago and the revelations about doctors' behaviors were always a little shocking. One was that doctors surveyed said they would overwhelmingly reject all end-of-life measures and extraordinary measures that they recommend to patients; wanted no part of it, said the suffering would never be worth it. Also a doctor who had to manage end-of-life care for her dad, a retired doctor. She was shocked that doctors basically forced unwanted care on her dad even though she was clear about not wanting it. She wrote a small article about it and the retaliation she faced was pretty nuts.

Also, you are totally making me want to Marla-Singer those suicidal Dr. support groups to find a partner... I would love the irony of doing it with a doctor. That would delight me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashpac, Soul and not-2-b-the-answer
LongTimeComing

LongTimeComing

I'm a saint, got a date with suicide
May 23, 2019
I regret it because it was kinda impulsive and it obviously didn't work. However, in the psych ward and my life after it, I've been learning how to cope with my trauma and survive a little longer. It also taught me how I wan't to leave: Without any suspicion.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashpac, not-2-b-the-answer and not_a_robot
JohnUK

JohnUK

Student
Feb 15, 2019
No I've not regretted trying to attempt suicide. I've been trying to ctb at the famous beachy head cliffs in the UK but haven't been able to find the right opportunity to jump it. Either I've not ready or something there meaning I couldn't jump at the moment

• Hugs
Reactions: Jen0804 and not_a_robot
R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
I heard a few end-of-life shows on npr a few years ago and the revelations about doctors' behaviors were always a little shocking. One was that doctors surveyed said they would overwhelmingly reject all end-of-life measures and extraordinary measures that they recommend to patients; wanted no part of it, said the suffering would never be worth it. Also a doctor who had to manage end-of-life care for her dad, a retired doctor. She was shocked that doctors basically forced unwanted care on her dad even though she was clear about not wanting it. She wrote a small article about it and the retaliation she faced was pretty nuts.

Also, you are totally making me want to Marla-Singer those suicidal Dr. support groups to find a partner... I would love the irony of doing it with a doctor. That would delight me.

Why dont you try and become a doctor?

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
Why dont you try and become a doctor?
Lol if I had it to do over again I'd have tried harder to pursue a career in public health or bioethics, I'm pretty passionate about it, but I doubt I'd ever have had the stamina to even complete a degree. I'm just an armchair-bioethicist. The depression and feelings of futility/doom came on me very early in childhood, so I was one of those kids who always scored highest on tests but wouldn't do homework/assignments. I honestly never thought I'd make it to thirty.

Reactions: whyidon'tknow and Ashpac
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
I regret that my attempts did not work but I dont regret trying them.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Monopoly1, Scribble Fan, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Rivotrial

Rivotrial

Jun 10, 2019
I wasn't begging for my life I begged that they'd make my horrific pain stop due to my muscle disintigration

When I left the hospital after some weeks , saw the sun shining , kids playing, birds singing etc. , for a short moment I was really glad. But pretty sure that's just because I was finally out of the creepy addiction station where the medics transfared me to cuz they couldn't believe someone could survive this not being an addict

A few days later the only thing I regreted was that I didn't add more stuff and that I was found. A simple call to everyone that I'm going on vacation or smth would've solve it

True, one of my buddies had headache some day. His GF worked as a nurse and asked an assistance doc if they have smth there which helps. He gave her a bottle Tramal (Tramadol, Ultram etc.) and said: " take this, the expiration date is almost over anyway ...." that was the beginning of his opioid addiction

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Jynxer

Jynxer

Jun 3, 2019
Nop
Nope. The only thing I regret is still being here to type this message

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Ashpac
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
These fucking prolife nurses and doctors are all liars. Indeed "saved" peoples just want to avoid being jailed in psych wards, so they say everything these motherfuckers want to heat.

Reactions: Jen0804 and not-2-b-the-answer
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
I don't know how the research calculates the number of attempts and the statistics behind it, but it seems there are many suicidals who regret their attempts (It might be regret - at least they don't attempt again). I think it's the high number of impulsive suicides that leads to this.

Last edited:
FrankieMay

FrankieMay

May 21, 2019
Some people might say they regret it to avoid being institutionalized in a psychiatric ward.
I woke up in hospital after a propranolol overdose about 2 months ago. I partly said I regretted it so u would be released from the psych ward sooner
But when I woke up from the coma I was in a weird headspace: almost euphoric but floaty, kind of like taking coke and smoking a joint at the same time. In the hospital i was laughing (I laughed so hard I wet myself a few times!) And even talking to the psychiatrist I was honest. I was glad I survived... for the first few weeks. Maybe it was a coping mechanism, maybe the meds, maybe my brain was firing all the neurotransmitters, maybe because for once in my life people were caring about me and asking how I was
All I know is im back here now
Im sorry but I completely disagree. Healthcare is one of the toughest professions out there, constantly caring for others and being surrounded by suffering. From personal experience, nurses especially are the most wonderful people out there. Don't project your hatred for the world onto innocent people, that's just nasty. Deal with your own shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImpendingExit45 and NextSummer
Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
When I came home after attempting, a mental health worker said to me are you glad you are home. I looked him dead in the eye and told him to fuck off.
I turned to the other worker and said I was fine and it's all good. I said the words they wanted to hear. Doesn't mean I regretted it, it just meant I didn't want to be sectioned so said what they needed to hear.

I hate the pro life bullshit. Of course we only hear positive I'm glad I didn't manage to commit suicide stories. No one will share the negative. Many of this pro life glad it didn't work stuff, I feel they were simply a cry for help in some ways and didn't want to die in first place.

Those who truely want to CTB and fail for whatever reason , will know how to work the system and keep their mouth shut.

Reactions: I’vehadenough, not-2-b-the-answer, whyidon'tknow and 4 others
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
It's insanely exaggerated. They'll never talk about the people that still wish they were dead. And let's be real, a lot of the people who say they regretted it are probably only saying so to avoid getting locked up.

• Love
Reactions: Lamentice, LastFlowers, I’vehadenough and 3 others
D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
I regretted that I survived.

• Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, I’vehadenough, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others