• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
I am becoming desperate and I am thinking about Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. Anyone has tried this? Did it help? Any side effects?
I was also thinking about ECT but I read horror stories about permanent memory loss, cognitive damage and loss of will. I fear that TMS might be similar.

• Hugs
Reactions: okkkk
M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
TMS is certainly not similar to ect in any way whatsoever, rest assured. You can PM me if you'd like.

SickNTired

SickNTired

Be kinder than necessary.
Jun 26, 2019
The first time I had ECTs, I had about a 4-5 month reprieve from the hell in my mind. It was absolutely incredible! Then it started wearing off. I had a couple "booster" sessions, but they didn't do anything.

In the years since, I've never found the relief I had that first time. ECTs work by stimulating a seizure. The seizures are what helps the depression. I'm not sure the doctors even know why it works, but it works for many people. I don't know what the concept behind TMS is, but I am inclined to believe it works much differently since no seizure is induced.

Only thing I will say is that if you do ECTs, do the one side of the brain. (Can't remember what it's called right now.) The effects to memory were minimal and while I can't remember much around the time of the procedure, there weren't any lasting effects. At one point I did both sides of the brain, and I feel like the hit to my memory was irreversible. I've added that to my list of many reasons I want to CTB now.

Good luck friend!

okkkk

okkkk

just ignore me3
Jun 28, 2019
I tried it. To be completely honest I have no idea if it was actually helping me in any measurable way. I know that back then I had a lot less symptoms than I do now. Sure, I would grip my shoulders across my chest and cry like a baby into my lap at times. But thats noting compared to the shirt drenching sweat and out of body nuclear anxiety I experience to this day.

The nurse that administered it to me was a joy to be around tho. She was so kind and sympathetic to my situation without being patronizing. She really went above and beyond and I really felt like she wanted me to feel better genuinely, and I am the most distrusting and shy person ever. So that experience probably improved my mood. at least for the amount of time i was in the office

Reactions: SickNTired and crimea_river
SickNTired

SickNTired

Be kinder than necessary.
Jun 26, 2019
I tried it. To be completely honest I have no idea if it was actually helping me in any measurable way. I know that back then I had a lot less symptoms than I do now. Sure, I would grip my shoulders across my chest and cry like a baby into my lap at times. But thats noting compared to the shirt drenching sweat and out of body nuclear anxiety I experience to this day.

The nurse that administered it to me was a joy to be around tho. She was so kind and sympathetic to my situation without being patronizing. She really went above and beyond and I really felt like she wanted me to feel better genuinely, and I am the most distrusting and shy person ever. So that experience probably improved my mood. at least for the amount of time i was in the office
It never ceases to amaze me how simple kindness can help so much. ❤️

Reactions: okkkk
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
lol. I thought TMS = Top My Self

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
Check YT for people who underwent TMS. I remember listening to a few horror stories of people who lost full chunks of their lives in the form of lost memories and cognitive ability. Everyone is different but the few stories I listened to were enough for me to eliminate it as a real treatment option.

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
Didn't even realize that was available as regular treatment now outside of labs and studies.