TheNames_Grey

TheNames_Grey

Ruiner
Aug 26, 2023
Hey everyone this is actually my first post in this forum so first off good day

But to cut things short what are your thoughts on using animal tranquilizers as a method to CTB?
Preferably intravenous injection of a acepromazine, I've read 5mg per kg would be lethal enough to knock any adult human
But I'm curious if anyone has ever even tried these kinds of method seeing as it maybe a peaceful way to go? Not sure

Anyway I was just curious since I'm basically a biology student so the thought of a simple strong injection to slow my breathing and die peacefully has been my focus, so let me know!

• Love
Reactions: opheliaoveragain
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Yeah. A couple guys I knew took a few handfuls of ludes. They did not die but it was quite a few years before they could tie their own shoes! (or realize they had feet)
The only thing that CTB was reality. Sitting in a chair at your parents house and smiling all day is neither living or death.

Reactions: lilac-moonbeam
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Hey everyone this is actually my first post in this forum so first off good day

But to cut things short what are your thoughts on using animal tranquilizers as a method to CTB?
Preferably intravenous injection of a acepromazine, I've read 5mg per kg would be lethal enough to knock any adult human
But I'm curious if anyone has ever even tried these kinds of method seeing as it maybe a peaceful way to go? Not sure

Anyway I was just curious since I'm basically a biology student so the thought of a simple strong injection to slow my breathing and die peacefully has been my focus, so let me know!
folllowing bc i'm curious—there might be something worthy of discussion for sure.

lilac-moonbeam

lilac-moonbeam

it/she
Jul 16, 2024
I have not read about anyone on the forum trying to use acepromazine for ctb, other than just floating the idea.

From what I can find, the toxicology or cases of overdoses of acepromazine are not well reported nor well-understood, and it is not a common method attempted.
It seems to also be easily reversed if medical intervention is taken.

Data sheets on acepromazine show its toxicity only being moderate (2) based on chemwatch hazard ratings.
Even still theres a risk of irreversible damage of organs.

Animal experiments show that 150g or less can be fatal or may
produce serious health problems.

From looking for scientific journals and reports about it, it seems to be very slow-acting and humans who take it feel effects of it for multiple hours, with central nervous system depression being resolved within 6 to 12 hours after medical help.

A 2004 article in the European Journal of Emergency Medicine mentioned a case of voluntary overdose wherein the subject was resuscitated. They reported "cardiorespiratory arrest and the need for sustained haemodynamic support." However, they mention the use of etorphine in conjuction with the acepromazine, which may have been the source of many of the reported issues.

One of the few cases I found of someone ctb with this drug was reported in the Journal of Analytical Toxicology, Volume 22, Issue 2 from 1998. It reported "Acepromazine concentrations in the chest-cavity blood, liver, brain, and bile were 0.6, 3.0, 0.4, and 6.5 µg/mL, respectively. The stomach contents contained a total of 2.5 mg acepromazine."

The 2014 article "Acute Acepromazine Overdose: Clinical Effects and Toxicokinetic Evaluation" has a case study of a 54 year old woman voluntarily taking 950mg, with toxicology being resolved within 11 hours. It describes the effects of "central nervous system and respiratory depression along with hypotension requiring non-invasive ventilation and vasopressors" 3 hours after taking it. They conclude there was rapid improvement.

In short, even if potentially fatal, it is a slow-acting method with high-likelihood of reversal, and the possibility of long-term health problems. It is likely unreliable. I'd advise against it.