Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
Most of the successful SN cases have people taking their SN the same day or a few days after they've gotten it. My question is if someone knows of any people who've successfuly went through with the SN method months or a year after getting their SN.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and pthnrdnojvsc
D

Deleted member 65988

@Meditation guide can you help here.

Reactions: Scattered-Soul
D

Deleted member 65988

I gotta say though, I don't see what difference there would be in the sn if you used it a few months or a year later and unless it's been not carefully handled then I don't see what there is reason to be worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Orbitc
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

Oct 2, 2023
I gotta say though, I don't see what difference there would be in the sn if you used it a few months or a year later and unless it's been not carefully handled then I don't see what there is reason to be worried.
That's how I see it as well but at the same time, I'd feel more reassured if I had actual evidence that people have successfuly done it this way.

D

Deleted member 65988

That's how I see it as well but at the same time, I'd feel more reassured if I had actual evidence that people have successfuly done it this way.
My question is what difference do you think there would be in taking sn a few days after getting it compared to a few months or even a year after getting it. I think users sometimes forget that these are manufactured chemicals not primarily intended for ctb, that have a sustained shelf-life plus you could always test with Aquarium test right before you ctb even up to a year later.

Reactions: Scattered-Soul
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
@toofargone6969 CTB'd in early October using SN she had purchased in April.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Scattered-Soul and Deleted member 65988
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

Oct 2, 2023
My question is what difference do you think there would be in taking sn a few days after getting it compared to a few months or even a year after getting it. I think users sometimes forget that these are manufactured chemicals not primarily intended for ctb, that have a sustained shelf-life plus you could always test with Aquarium test right before you ctb even up to a year later.
I don't know, man, I'm just anxious and scared that no matter how well I store my SN, just the fact that it's in my room might somehow make it bad after a while, it's not exactly rational but I have OCD and I can't help obsessing over stuff like that. Also I'm mostly concerned about it because if it loses its properties in a few months I'll be too disabled at that point to be able to make another purchase. But yeah, in the end of the day I know you're right and just the fact that someone has replied to me makes me feel better.

@toofargone6969 CTB'd in early October using SN she had purchased in April.
Thank you for the reply, it's deeply appreciated! That's one of the few goodbye threads I followed but I didn't know that she had had the SN for months.

• Hugs
Reactions: Orbitc, pthnrdnojvsc and Praestat_Mori
D

Deleted member 65988

I don't know, man, I'm just anxious and scared that no matter how well I store my SN, just the fact that it's in my room might somehow make it bad after a while, it's not exactly rational but I have OCD and I can't help obsessing over stuff like that.
I think your general concern and anxiety is all for nothing but I understand it, a lot of users here are generally anxious and paranoid about the slightest thing

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Praestat_Mori
Orbitc

Orbitc

Sorry for my English
Jul 2, 2023
On my bag of sodium nitrite it says that the guaranteed time is 1 year, if the packaging is not torn. Unfortunately, I cannot publish photos with the date that is written on the packaging - in another topic, moderators deleted my photos because the SN manufacturer's name is on the packaging

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I don't know, man, I'm just anxious and scared that no matter how well I store my SN, just the fact that it's in my room might somehow make it bad after a while, it's not exactly rational but I have OCD and I can't help obsessing over stuff like that. Also I'm mostly concerned about it because if it loses its properties in a few months I'll be too disabled at that point to be able to make another purchase. But yeah, in the end of the day I know you're right and just the fact that someone has replied to me makes me feel better.

Thank you for the reply, it's deeply appreciated! That's one of the few goodbye threads I followed but I didn't know that she had had the SN for months.
Same for me

D

Deleted member 65988

Ok then the question is, why did you buy sn if you knew you weren't gonna use it a few days after getting it, that it would take you a while to build up the courage, gather all the meds to do it, pick a date and time, follow the regimen and then use it and that's if you were gonna use it since si will get in the way.

Why was it not a concern back then when you bought sn weeks or months ago if you were so worried that it might make a difference the longer you wait. This is a manufactured chemical, it's durable when kept under the conditions that it's been instructed to be adhered to by whomever buys it, I don't understand why you're so scared that no matter how you keep it, something may go wrong when you've already got so much else to worry about in your personal life, nevermind that you plan to ctb at some point.
@Scattered-Soul and @pthnrdnojvsc
On my bag of sodium nitrite it says that the guaranteed time is 1 year, if the packaging is not torn. Unfortunately, I cannot publish photos with the date that is written on the packaging - in another topic, moderators deleted my photos because the SN manufacturer's name is on the packaging
That makes no sense because the shelf life of sn is 3 years, my sn expires in December 2025. If I buy more sn now then chances are, it'll expire in mid 2026.
Most of the successful SN cases have people taking their SN the same day or a few days after they've gotten it
Also, where did you gather the data and information to suggest that most successful sn ctb cases were people who bought their sn a few days prior, the fact you say "most" means that you've done a comparison and concluded that most people who ctb successfully with sn got their sn a few days prior and can identify a clear difference between those who only took their sn a few months up to a year and a half later. If this is the case then does this mean that the longer you wait to take your sn, the less likely it is to work?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If you test SN and your blood turns brown does that mean it's still good, even if it's three years old?

D

Deleted member 65988

I thought nitrate also turns blood brown so the only accurate test is aquarium no?
nitrate does not directly turn blood brown. Instead, it is the reaction between nitrite and hemoglobin that leads to the formation of nitrosylhemochromogen, giving blood a brownish color. Because Sn is a very strong oxidizer, The brown color that may be associated with chemical reactions involving blood is often due to the oxidation of iron present in hemoglobin, the protein responsible for carrying oxygen in red blood cells. When hemoglobin is oxidized, it forms methemoglobin, which has a brown color as we all know.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
nitrate does not directly turn blood brown. Instead, it is the reaction between nitrite and hemoglobin that leads to the formation of nitrosylhemochromogen, giving blood a brownish color. Because Sn is a very strong oxidizer, The brown color that may be associated with chemical reactions involving blood is often due to the oxidation of iron present in hemoglobin, the protein responsible for carrying oxygen in red blood cells. When hemoglobin is oxidized, it forms methemoglobin, which has a brown color as we all know.
Do you know if nitrate turns blood brown?