A

Angkorian

why am i still here
Apr 6, 2020
Spoiler Alert !!!

I think the last two episodes of the show sums up the topic of death and after-life pretty well. There's a version of heaven where everyone can do whatever they want, go wherever for like forever. but they all become kinda braindead and depressed and they had to make The Door that allows those people to leave and cease to exist. Kinda after-after-life and i think that's the concept of Nirvana, where you would reach peace and leave the earth for good. But also not just leave the earth but kinda dissolve back into the universe or into nothingness.

As one Reddit post nicely pointed out about how Jason decided to go through the door.

"Jason knew he was ready, but didn't go through the door, because he needed to give Janet one last keepsake.

This man without impulse control and saint of Molotov cocktails waited for Bearimies upon Bearimies to see His Janet again and did not once, not once, seem to grow bored or dissatisfied. He just sat, and waited, and contemplated the universe.

And that's the Buddhist concept of Nirvana. To reach a point where you no longer experience earthly attachments and are ready to exit the cycle of reincarnation and meld with the universe.

Jason's one attachment was making sure Janet got his final gift. And once he did that, he left without hesitation."