• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

Neo-Schopenhauerian

Apr 16, 2018
I'm not familiar with student loans because I never planned to use them, but unfortunately it seems the amount you can receive is based on actual school expenses. Pretty bad if you're going to community college and qualify for financial aid.

I don't really have any credit or work history unfortunately, so I don't know if there are any other options for taking out loans you never intend to pay back. Regardless, I have a few thousand, which should be good enough for my simple needs.

Has anyone else ever planned/researched something like this?

I think it would be nice to take a vacation somewhere where you can live well for cheap, like Mexico, then buy N to go out peacefully. End with a bang. You could also donate it to a good charity rather than blowing it. I'd like to document the entire process, taking the final month to write extensively on suicide, possibly even livestreaming the final moment if possible.

EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
I've pondered on this for a long time but unfortunately, I'm a 19yr old minority who literally failed HS and am currently unemployed with little prospects of getting a job due to my lack of experience.

12-13yrs ago, I would have gotten a loan easily but now after the recession....no. My parents who work and have been for decades can't even get a small loan for a mortgage or holiday.

N

Neo-Schopenhauerian

Apr 16, 2018
Eh, the idea of taking a trip beforehand would be a bad one. I wouldn't enjoy anything, I would just leave feeling empty and disillusioned. Still, if it were possible, you could donate it to antinatalist causes, attempt to reduce suffering, if you want to attempt a positive impact.

Reactions: Sam
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I'm not familiar with student loans because I never planned to use them, but unfortunately it seems the amount you can receive is based on actual school expenses. Pretty bad if you're going to community college and qualify for financial aid.

I don't really have any credit or work history unfortunately, so I don't know if there are any other options for taking out loans you never intend to pay back. Regardless, I have a few thousand, which should be good enough for my simple needs.

Has anyone else ever planned/researched something like this?

I think it would be nice to take a vacation somewhere where you can live well for cheap, like Mexico, then buy N to go out peacefully. End with a bang. You could also donate it to a good charity rather than blowing it. I'd like to document the entire process, taking the final month to write extensively on suicide, possibly even livestreaming the final moment if possible.

I thought about this as well, but keep in mind that debt collectors will go after your family members. Suicide is traumatic enough as it is for the people around us, and I'd rather not increase the burden by condemning them to nasty phone calls for many years...

Reactions: Rn110bg101 and Mari
Sam

Sam

Apr 18, 2018
Eh, the idea of taking a trip beforehand would be a bad one. I wouldn't enjoy anything, I would just leave feeling empty and disillusioned. Still, if it were possible, you could donate it to antinatalist causes, attempt to reduce suffering, if you want to attempt a positive impact.

I agree. I have set a date for my suicide and had decided to just enjoy my life to the fullest before it's time, but idk, it just really doesn't work. Was feeling empty just like you described and made it harder for me to enjoy anything.

AgonyOnMe

AgonyOnMe

Oct 19, 2019
I sold my house and car and maxed out all my credit cards. I'm just trying to relax until I run out of money now.

Reactions: *KNAZ*
*KNAZ*

*KNAZ*

The only way out is through
Oct 23, 2019
I sold my house and car and maxed out all my credit cards. I'm just trying to relax until I run out of money now.
I thought about doing that. Just taking cash advances on all my cards. Traveling around and just get off the gerbil wheel for the time left. Then hope I have the courage to CTB when it all comes to an end.
Can creditors come after your family - like a sister? My parents are long dead so I don't have any close family. No one that would even be close to responsible for my estate. And I don't have any assets.

• Love
Reactions: AgonyOnMe
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
This is an older thread, I have some serious ass debt and I hope they don't come after family members. I know a person that had a brother commit suicide and creditors contacted him, he told them to fuck off and they did
Peace/hugs

*KNAZ*

*KNAZ*

Oct 23, 2019
This is an older thread, I have some serious ass debt and I hope they don't come after family members. I know a person that had a brother commit suicide and creditors contacted him, he told them to fuck off and they did
Peace/hugs
I don't think they can legally come after family for an individuals debts. A spouse yes maybe. But not parents and siblings
I agree. I have set a date for my suicide and had decided to just enjoy my life to the fullest before it's time, but idk, it just really doesn't work. Was feeling empty just like you described and made it harder for me to enjoy anything.
I'm scared it would be such a relief for me to be off the gerbil wheel and finally getting to do something liberating. Then I would want to keep going, but have to deal with the consequences of quitting job and taking cash advances in credit cards. Either way it's a fucked ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Itsalmosttime
MaybeMaybeKnot

MaybeMaybeKnot

No ctrl-z when you ctb
Oct 25, 2019
Peace/hugs
Unless they are co-signing the debt, then the most the collection agencies can do is come after your estate. Your assets would be liquidated and go to the debtors first, then your next of kin.

Reactions: AgonyOnMe
*KNAZ*

*KNAZ*

Oct 23, 2019
Unless they are co-signing the debt, then the most the collection agencies can do is come after your estate. Your assets would be liquidated and go to the debtors first, then your next of kin.
I have about $12,000 in credit card debt. And a car that is half paid off. Maybe some equity in that. No savings. Life insurance but that doesn't cover when people CTB. No co-signers in any cards of loans. Basically nothing for the vultures to fight over.

onlyinsleep

onlyinsleep

I can see their faces
Jun 3, 2019
I thought about this as well, but keep in mind that debt collectors will go after your family members. Suicide is traumatic enough as it is for the people around us, and I'd rather not increase the burden by condemning them to nasty phone calls for many years...

Debt collectors cannot collect the debt from family members. If they attempt repeatedly they can be sued.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
In the U.K. they would try and claw it back from any estate or money you had. If not they go away.