Has Someone Hurt You in the Past 6 Months?

• Yes

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I hurt them too.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Yes, but I deserve it.

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
We're talking about tears shed (or the equivalent for you)?

Also, sorry that this reads like one of those questionnaires they have you answer at the doctor's office. Probably my useless psych degree finally put to use, lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Scribble Fan, Wraith, Ame and 2 others
Broken Buzz

Broken Buzz

Space Ranger
Apr 30, 2021
Yes, definitely. There were no tears this time, but the devastation manifested in other ways. My eyes failed to bleed so my body cried instead.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: weepingfree, demuic, Ame and 2 others
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Yes I was obviously hurt emotionally, however it's also my OWN fault for hooking up with a guy I didn't even know that long we only met once and expecting something to come from it. I hate myself for this embarrassing part of my life right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Dead Meat and Broken Buzz
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Yes I was obviously hurt emotionally, however it's also my OWN fault for hooking up with a guy I didn't even know that long we only met once and expecting something to come from it. I hate myself for this embarrassing part of my life right now.
Hey now, that's a common mistake to make. Not your fault at all. You definitely didn't deserve it. People are shitheads.

Reactions: Ame
Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
I missed the cutoff deadline by a week or so - but my ex absolutely did.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame and Dead Meat
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I missed the cutoff deadline by a week or so - but my ex absolutely did.
Whatever. Fuck it. I'm the thread owner, and I say it counts. Close enough. It's really "6 months or thereabouts".

Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
So much so that there are simply no words...but I am not angry with them, nor can I blame them.
  • Yes
  • I hurt them too
  • Yes, but I deserve it
The person who hurt me more than anyone was the person I love the most. I think that because I existed and that person knew that I cared, I inadvertently hurt them too. The mind says that I don't deserve what happened nor the pain that came along with it, but the heart likes to tell me that I do for simultaneously being too much and not enough. It usually is those closest to us who have that potential. It is impossible to exist in the lives of others without hurting others and being hurt. From these truths came this little something called "The Hedgehog's Dilemma".

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Viggo, Disappointered, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
So much so that there are simply no words...but I am not angry with them, nor can I blame them.
  • Yes
  • I hurt them too
  • Yes, but I deserve it
The person who hurt me more than anyone was the person I love the most. I think that because I existed and that person knew that I cared, I inadvertently hurt them too. The mind says that I don't deserve what happened nor the pain that came along with it, but the heart likes to tell me that I do for simultaneously being too much and not enough. It usually is those closest to us who have that potential. It is impossible to exist in the lives of others without hurting others and being hurt. From these truths came this little something called "The Hedgehog's Dilemma".
Nice term there. You learn something new every day!

• Love
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Yes, both of my exes hurt me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Celerity and Ame
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Fortunately, nope.
Since I decided not to give my heart to anyone because I don't wanna waste my time, things have really improved for me!

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Largeletters and Ame
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I did have a big row with family members a few months back, but apart from that I generally avoid other people. They have the potential to cause us lots of pain and ruin our lives. Others have hurt me in the past which is why I keep my distance.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetMeSleep4Ever, Celerity and demuic
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Sort of. I was more hurt by what the abusive scenario reminded me about the state of affairs in my 'life'. At least it wasn't someone I care about.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I stated no because I self isolate almost completely now - I do not give people a chance to hurt me anymore. Been there done that and I feel beyond broken because of it. I also refuse to allow it to happen anymore - I want this last little time I have on earth to be as peaceful as possible.

<3

Reactions: Disappointered
salonfilosoof

salonfilosoof

Apr 12, 2021
My best friend and I decided to try a romantic relationship.

After the happiest month I've experienced in a long, long time, she suddenly decided to end our relationship out of the blue. We never even had a real fight.

I still don't fully understand what happened, but it caused me to lose both a romantic partner and a best friend.

And it caused me to have a mental breakdown because I lost the only thing in life that actually gave me genuine joy.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Largeletters, Celerity and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
My best friend and I decided to try a romantic relationship.

After the happiest month I've experienced in a long, long time, she suddenly decided to end our relationship out of the blue. We never even had a real fight.

I still don't fully understand what happened, but it caused me to lose both a romantic partner and a best friend.

And it caused me to have a mental breakdown because I lost the only thing in life that actually gave me genuine joy.
I don't understand how other people work except to expect them to turn on me. I wish I could stop caring about it, but desiring love is such a natural human instinct that I can't give it up. If I could take a drug to purge this desire, I would chug it down in an instant.

Not sure if you feel similarly. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Are you still talking?

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Largeletters
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I just hope I didn't hurt anyone.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
ghoulish.fool

ghoulish.fool

Apr 16, 2018
I voted no. I was hurt three or four years ago so badly that it shifted my life's trajectory drastically. I haven't been hurt significantly since then because I don't let anyone close anymore.

There is too much of myself to work on to not be a toxic wretch, and the anxiety and vulnerability of letting anyone close again is unbearable. My loneliness has caused me to fold into myself but being alone is still the safer alternative.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Largeletters and Celerity
D

divorceddepression

Jul 1, 2021
I've been hurt over and over again for the last 2 years. It seems like there is no end

• Hugs
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
Yes but I do feel I deserve it, in a sick kind of way....

• Hugs