• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I just read it for the first time a couple moments ago and I found it to be very poignant; it's ironic that I would first read it at this stage of my life I think. The way the story describes how the protagonist loses interest in all of the things around him and just let's life pass him by really struck a chord because it's pretty much exactly what I've been doing. I teared up a bit reading it; especially the part with his mother near the end of the story. Funny how I would first read this now, oddly fitting timing. I would definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't; it's a short story so it shouldn't take up much of anyone's time.

august4you

august4you

gods eepiest soldier
Nov 22, 2023
Only reading it because of your name Crazy diamond lol

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
My uni assignment in the fall of 2023 was to read his Farewell to Arms, I remember it was rather cucked and pacifist (and we now see how cancerous pacifism is). But what do I know.

I kind of liked the traitor Heinrich Böll's The Train Was on Time back when I was in high school. Reread it in December 2023 when I was depressed. It dragged on so much that it made me even more depressed, and I didn't finish it. Also, I had to read it in Russian because couldn't find an English translation, lmao. The funny thing is that his death in Galicia is where I live, so that always seemed cute to me.

But yeah, should read, thanks for the suggestion! My idea would also be Ernst Jünger's diaries - he was rather dispassionate in his later life, so it fits?

Reactions: sserafim