• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
I am in fact already losing weight for my own happiness so I'm curious about the validity of this suggestion as it would mean I'd have another reason to lose weight.

However when I read up on this in the PCOS subreddit and watched some vlogs on YouTube I see a lot of women who were already thin and still have symptoms. In fact some of them had to spend years trying to get doctors to take their symptoms seriously because of their normal weight. I do feel doctors have a limited understanding of this condition so I'm looking for some anecdotal evidence from here.

Reactions: Heartaches and Kit1
tiredplant777

tiredplant777

Student
Jul 23, 2021
Hey yeah so I was always a normal weight except for a bit when i was a teenager. So I take Saw Palmetto and I don't eat processed food and really have to stay away from sugar. My PCOS was made worse by trauma later in my 20's but before I didn't have to do much. My Dr. also didn't take mine as seriously because I am not overweight. But I don't think there is much they can do besides prescribe some stuff that impacts hormones. I had a way way better experience with Naturopaths doctors, they were all far more informed about PCOS than my GP anyway. PCOS is so hard sometimes, sending hugs!

Reactions: Heartaches and Kit1