• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

twin size mattress

twin size mattress

Oct 1, 2023
They definitely do work, although different meds work for different people. I've been on a few different antidepressants, some of which made me worse and some of which made me better. They definitely aren't a cure-all but if you find the right one they'll probably help you be at least somewhat functional.

daley

daley

May 11, 2024
I didn't think I did. I came off them without consulting anyone. It wasn't until I went back on them a year or so later that I realised what a horrible person I'd been during that time. It's up there as one of my massive regrets. Sure, I don't feel "better" while I take them but they do stop me from being the worst version of myself. I know that now.

I had a similar experience. I was taking Seroxat for years, and then I thought that they didn't really help me that much because I still felt down.
I was taking the highest possible dose, so I gradually weened myself, for about a year.

A few months after I stopped completely, I realized that I am feeling much worse, and was reminded of how I felt
before taking meds. So I got back on meds.

What I did learn is that I don't need to be on the highest dose. A low dose was just as good for me.

So without meds I felt awful. With meds I just feel "meh" - which isn't great, but is a world of difference for me.
I still have negative thoughts, but I brush them off much more easily, and they are less frequent.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash
indefinitesleep

indefinitesleep

Im out
Jun 29, 2024
I guess you could say Im not in despair 24/7 thinking abou the things that happened to me but nah didnt do much still overwhelmingly depressed and anhedonic

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I take prozac. They numb my emotions, but the depression still lingers. I am less prone to the same level of mental breakdowns that I had in the past though. I told the doctor that they are not the magic bullet, but I would rather be on them than not. I take 20mg a day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash
Anhaedra

Anhaedra

May 5, 2024
Been taking antidepressents (ssri) on and of since 2018 mainly for my body dysmorphia. Havent seen any improvement yet but I guess Im to blame because I stopped taking them so often. Im taking new meds for 3 months straight now and I certainly dont feel better, actually I think I got worse (dont know if its because of the meds or not)

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
After having gone through the withdrawal, quitting any other addiction has felt like a breeze. I suppose that's positive.

needsomeoptions

needsomeoptions

Mar 31, 2024
I've been of 3 different ADs over the course of 12 years. I've very shortly been on mood stabilisers. Im not sure the ADs work for me. I have tried slowly and sensible try and come off 4 times - and each one has ended in disaster. I'm told my the medical processionals its relapse - but I'm convinced it's withdrawal. I
Im presently exploring whether I'm asexual - but also question whether this is the ADs. I think they may work for some but for me I wish I'd never started on them.They perhaps stop the downs but there are also no ups - just flatness.

snow-angel

snow-angel

Mar 31, 2024
had my venlafaxine increased to a higher dose in the last few months, definitely numbed my feelings, and impulses. I think it's called 'emotional blunting'. rather feel like this than out of control but I'm kind of sedated with it

Mywill

Mywill

Feb 6, 2020
Taking venlafaxin, eplim and quetiapine for 3 years, killed my sex drive entirely, brains gone numb and dumber each day.