C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Hi

Somehow dying is still scary even when your situation means you've no choice but to die.
Most helpful thing I've found is fear of dying meditation by blue sky hypnosis on YouTube and thought that we are a universal energy force that just changes form. Maybe even go to new happy life.

Reactions: Baskol1 and burnedCookie
ralphnol

ralphnol

Aug 25, 2019
Sadly no. Other than some buddhist ritual of dying of hunger...

Reactions: Baskol1
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Nothing comforts me about the dying part....death doesn't scare me as its a state....it isn't then it instantly is...the process of DYING scares me because it can be painful or make things worse if its interrupted or drag on and on. Death is what it is and I have no concept or control there even if my life would have been amazing. I guess anything is possible...but I really don't believe there is any horrible punishment sort of afterlife as that just seems weird and cruel and something humans would make up. I WANT to believe there is more to it...a chance to justify this pain and experience joy and peace...but I really don't know...and don't think anyone does. We just hope for the best.

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I feel like I had a bit of a breakthrough in my conceptualization of death early this week. In the past, I'd found myself thinking things like "I wonder what death is like" and I'd try in vain to wrap my head around eternal oblivion. My breakthrough was that death itself is not a state–only life is a state. Meaning that you're alive or you're not... and that's it. I knew this before but not thinking about death as it's own separate thing with all the unhelpful constructs associated with it from our culture helped me.

Reactions: heylightiforgot, Baskol1, ralphnol and 1 other person
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I feel like I had a bit of a breakthrough in my conceptualization of death early this week. In the past, I'd found myself thinking things like "I wonder what death is like" and I'd try in vain to wrap my head around eternal oblivion. My breakthrough was that death itself is not a state–only life is a state. Meaning that you're alive or you're not... and that's it. I knew this before but not thinking about death as it's own separate thing with all the unhelpful constructs associated with it from our culture helped me.

I heard the quote once...death is just a state change. We either change to the state of non-existence, or change into the new state of an afterlife etc. Like walking through a door from inside to outside. Of going from dry ground to a pool of water. Just changing states. Doesn't help alleviate anxiety of the DYING bit. But helps me feel better about the threshold.

Reactions: Partial-Elf
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Anytime I see this type of discussion I always think of this:

If the soul did have mass, then heaven would be a physical entity to in my opinion, which then really defies some logic

Reactions: ish
B

burnedCookie

Student
Aug 8, 2019
The only thing that really helped me to accept death and not fear it anymore was to clean up my life thoroughly.

I put my things in order (funeral will - various paperwork - etc) everything is ready for when I die, no one will have anything to do.
I got rid of/gave all the stuff I didn't really need like my motorcycle, lots of clothes, my books-cds etc, only kept the essentials.
I have my method ready and well hidden.

For me fear of death is 100% linked to what still binds me to life. So now I feel like I'm really clean and totally free to go whenever I want.
Just my cheap philosophy but by making peace with life I have somewhat tamed the fear of death.

Reactions: a_strange_day, Stan and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
If I was wanting to go to a new life, I would never ctb.

Reactions: lostwithoutmylove and Baskol1
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
... Honestly. We have users here who don't know English and who use google translate because they have fucking manners. Also there is some who speaks french thread somewhere. Ignoring member.

Arskam

Arskam

Nevermind
Sep 7, 2019
death is a state of not being but to die and especially to suffer seems to me so difficult and complex. I would just turn off the light, it would be so simple and yet .....

KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
... Honestly. We have users here who don't know English and who use google translate because they have fucking manners. Also there is some who speaks french thread somewhere. Ignoring member.
...wut?

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS and Baskol1