• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Part of my move towards setting up a possible CTB is getting rid of everything I can. The further along I go, the closer to it I get, I want to made my physical world disappear as much as I can. I have a nice dedicated flat bed scanner. I've already scanned and filed documents I've held onto for years. Decades even. Once I have it all done I want to shred the originals. This isn't a big deal for documents. Not most of them. But I want to digitize everything. So things like photos are a bit tough. I've had some of them most of my life. And some are from when my grandmother (who gave them me) was a little girl. But, I guess it makes sharing them (if I do) easier before I CTB. And, I'm doing it to have them if I don't CTB, but still get out from under the weight of the physical things in my life.

Reactions: Élégie and a_strange_day
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I've been doing this for a long time, not much left.
documents are systematically destroyed, I scan the ones I want to keep and encrypt everything
I gave my books to a library and threw/gave away everything I didn't really need, my flat is so empty now
always been a minimalist since my twenties, and not because it's trendy but because I like it, be free of "things"

Reactions: Élégie and Laststop
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I've been doing this for a long time, not much left.
documents are systematically destroyed, I scan the ones I want to keep and encrypt everything
I gave my books to a library and threw/gave away everything I didn't really need, my flat is so empty now
always been a minimalist since my twenties, and not because it's trendy but because I like it, be free of "things"
Minimalism is something I've seen, and thought about, for years. I didn't jump on it for a couple reasons. One, like you said...trends. I don't Just go with trends to be trendy. The other is that I've actually been a collector for many years. I've gone through phases where I get rid of things, then collect again. This last life even is so huge I think the time has come to end collecting in favor of less. Even if I don't CTB.

W

will77

Jul 28, 2019
Yeah I do the same. Just ordered a shredder.

Reactions: Laststop
W

will77

Jul 28, 2019
Those are great! So satisfying to erase paperwork into tiny confetti!

Haha yes, I ordered a manual one so I will literally be grinding my life away :P

Reactions: Laststop
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
When I've had the energy, I've been working on this kind of thing. Mainly for me the issue is cleaning up all my digital stuff from my computer and some external hard drives.

I don't want to actually delete things, just in case. So I'm going to upload them to a secret backup service so I can retrieve them if something goes weird and I'm still around later. I definitely want the stuff off all my devices, though, because I don't want anyone going through them. Lots of organizing and sorting going on...

Reactions: Élégie and Laststop
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I hate this digitalized world I miss the good old days when the world felt more physical nowadays everything is digital and I can´t stand it

Reactions: Painted Bird